2014.08.06 - West Palm Beach, FL - Production Rehearsal

On August 6th, Linkin Park hosts a production rehearsal in West Palm Beach, Florida at Cruzan Amphitheatre, the first stop of the Carnivores Tour, for select fans who were able to win their way in. Radio winners from across the nation as well as a few LPU members will be in attendance for the event. This will be the band's third straight USA production rehearsal that has had fans in attendance, dating back to the A Thousand Suns World Tour and continuing with the Honda Civic Tour and now Carnivores.

At this rehearsal, the band will run through a setlist (or a setlist and part of another one, like we saw in Bristow in 2012) for the Carnivores Tour and perhaps rehearse a few other songs that are going to be played. Mike and Joe recently once again confirmed the "five songs from The Hunting Party" that will be performed live on this tour, meaning Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone, Wastelands, the new single Final Masquerade and one more song....which we will probably know by the end of this rehearsal.

However, we can definitely expect more songs off of The Hunting Party to make their way to the live show by the end of the year since the phrase "this album was made to be performed live" has been mentioned dozens of times in interviews over the past few months. "But one thing about the new album, The Hunting Party, is that it was written for the stage. It was written for the live show. Its very live band oriented, so we want to play as much of that stuff as possible. Currently, I think we have five songs in the set, which is a good quarter of the set. Were still playing the stuff that people know the band for, and were also playing new stuff."

For those that are doubting that the band will use three setlists for this tour, Mike might have hinted that you are indeed correct when he said,

When you kick off a tour, is it nerve-wracking?
SHINODA: Its not nerve-wracking to kick off a tour. Only if were playing a lot of complicated and new stuff. This one, I think we have it all pretty much under our belts. There are minor changes. We added a couple of songs that we werent playing on the last tour. But for the most part, were really eager to get on stage and play.

With "minor changes" in store for this tour, fans might be out of luck if they are hoping for three setlists and/or some of the rarer Hybrid Theory songs (By Myself, Forgotten, and Pushing Me Away) performed at Download back in June. A Place For My Head stuck around for the surprised Warped Tour show... we wonder if it will make an appearance on Carnivores. And with how well-rehearsed/coordinated the headlining setlist was for the European Tour, it seems like making three versions of a headlining set would take some serious time. But who knows - perhaps we will be surprised! What do you guys think?

The rehearsal kicks off sometime in the early evening on the 6th and we will be reporting to you what the band performed just after it ends! Stay tuned! The LPLive crew will be in attendance and will be at the first nine shows of the tour on Carnivores. The band kicks off the tour after a day off by headlining Cruzan Amphitheatre on the 8th. The full list of tour dates can be found here.

Show Page Notes

Date: August 6, 2014
Venue: Cruzan Amphitheatre
Tour: Carnivores Tour
Show #1 of 1

SETLIST:
1. Session/The Requiem/Guilty All The Same (Live Debut; Mashup Intro)
2. Guilty All The Same
3. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
4. Points Of Authority (Shortened Intro)
5. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

6. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)

7. Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))

8. Rebellion (Live Debut)

9. Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Outro Transition)

10. Wastelands

11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))

14. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)

15. Burn It Down

16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks V2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

17. Final Masquerade (Live Debut)

18. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition)

19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)

20. In The End

21. Faint (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

22. Lost In The Echo (Until It's Gone Sample Intro; Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))

23. New Divide (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus))

24. Crawling (Faster Tempo; Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus); Outro Transition w/ With You Verse 1)

25. Until It's Gone (Shortened (No Second Verse and Second Chorus))

26. What I've Done (Short Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo Tease + The Catalyst Refrain w/ Faster Tempo; Ext. Ending)

----------------------------------------------------

28. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, When They Come For Me; Ext. Outro Transition)

Show Notes:

- The transition from 'Runaway' into 'Wastelands' was changed at this show. Instead of Mike rapping the first verse of 'Wastelands' over the bridge instrumental of 'Runaway', the band went straight into the song as Mike and Chester both sang "Never say goodbye".

- 'Castle Of Glass' (labeled the "Experience Version") was performed as a mashup of the album version with Mike's Recharged remix. Only the intro/first verse came from the album version before it went into the remix portion of the song.

- Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of 'Wretches And Kings', the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.

- Mike sang 'Burn It Down' instead of Chester after the first chorus.

- Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the 'Skin To Bone' Nick Catchdubs remix from Recharged. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and part of 'In My Remains'.

- 'Lost In The Echo' and 'New Divide' were shortened further than they had been during previous performances, this time not being played with a bridge. 'Until It's Gone' was shortened as well, losing the second verse and second chorus, as well as not being played with the extended Mashup Intro.
- A longer version of 'Crawling' was played than on the European Tour. It was played without the second verse and second chorus, but featured a new outro with the first verse of 'With You'.

- The band stayed onstage after 'Bleed It Out' to play with a few things. Mike's Solo Medley was started and stopped three times before Mike went into it. When they finally ran through it, the bass was turned up a lot louder than usual. The performance featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and the second verse of 'When They Come For Me'. This is the first time Mike rapped the second verse of 'When They Come For Me' over his medley, as he previously only did the first verse.

Other Notes:
- Fans in attendance were chosen from radio winners across America as well as from less than 20 LPU entries. Attendees were given pizza before the band performed.

- After 'Roboy Boy', the attendees were asked to leave the venue, most likely to keep the rest of the setlist a surprise for the tour.

Debuts:

- The band debuted a new intro at this show. Instead of a mashup of 'The Catalyst' and 'The Requiem' as they played during the previous European Tour, a new mashup intro featuring 'Session', 'The Requiem', and the drums of 'Guilty All The Same' was added.

- 'Rebellion' made its live debut at this show.

- 'Final Masquerade' made its live debut at this show.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We added a couple songs that we weren't playing on the last tour"

Ooooooooo. No More Sorrow, Breaking The Habit, and WTCFM (or something) Possibly!!! :D

Edit: Mike could've been talking about the 2 new THP songs, but man it would be epic if they brought back these three!!!

Edited by hybridparty14

Going to 9 shows (record for me on a tour), I REALLY hope there are multiple setlists..... Oh man that'd be pretty disappointing if not.

Your going to nine shows, holy.. How many Linkin Park shows have you seen before that?

I was really hoping Rebellion wasn't going to be added to the set. I have this funny feeling about it being played live.

Don't get me wrong, I love that track, but with the song in drop C and a guitar part that Brad didnt record, I don't think it will be played live very well and it will ruin the song for me.

Same thing happened with In Pieces. I can't listen to the song live as Brad butchers the solo every time.

But hey, they can prove me wrong.

I'll be at 30 for the LPU Summit in Camden. So 21 before Carnivores.

You mean summit in Darien Mark?! 😜 😉

I was really hoping Rebellion wasn't going to be added to the set. I have this funny feeling about it being played live.

Don't get me wrong, I love that track, but with the song in drop C and a guitar part that Brad didnt record, I don't think it will be played live very well and it will ruin the song for me.

Same thing happened with In Pieces. I can't listen to the song live as Brad butchers the solo every time.

But hey, they can prove me wrong.

I completely agree with Pez! I mean it's exciting to hear about rebellion but in my opinion brad has got to live up to the sound ... And I personally don't like songs where MS sings ... I prefer the rappy raps like in Keys ... Was looking forward to that!

I guess I will have to wait & see!

LP should bring Daron Malakian out on tour to play Rebellion with them each night.

Or bring Rakim to rap his part on GATS.

I'm surprised Rebellion is chosen, since it's in a different tuning and he didn't record it. I'm still waiting for Brad to stop being lazy and learn the simple guitar parts to Powerless.

Edited by Southpaw818