2014.08.06 - West Palm Beach, FL - Production Rehearsal

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why the crackdown on tweeting the set live? Do they think that people will be LESS likely to buy tickets if they know the set? If not, then I actually don't see the point of keeping that under wraps.

I'm wondering how ballad medley has managed to stick for so long :P

Pretty lame set, if you ask me. Portions of songs have to stop. And ballad medley? Only reason I see that sticking around is to give the band a breather at the midpoint of the set.

I think it's because Ballad Medley is a fan-favourite, at least in the way I see it. Other than that, I agree with Erockk.

...They're still playing the Ballad Medley, but they're playing a shortened version of the biggest single from their CURRENT ALBUM.

LMFAO @ the cluelessness of this band. Seriously considering selling my tickets now.

What the hell kind of issues can arise from posting a setlist!?

Logic and Jim Digby are two things that don't typically co-exist.

Edited by Astat

If this is the set we'll see in Camden, it'll go down as the worst show I've ever seen from them, and that's disappointing. Chester and Mike could sound perfect but the sheer laziness, lack of creativity and clear punch to fans' faces completely outweighs thag slim possibility .

Edited by Erockk2121

Playing the same set for another entire tour is disappointing. I'll never understand the shortened songs crap or why they think that playing that awful version of Castle of Glass is better than the original song. I understand the idea of the ballad medley but they've been playing it for way too long.

On a recent interview, this was Mike's response to a question about setlists:

How do you make the decisions for what you will and won’t play live, and are there some songs that you have to play at every show?
SHINODA: There’s nothing that we have to play. It’s our decision. But at the end of the day, we definitely know that the fans expect to see certain things and they want to see certain songs. A fan will come up and say, “Hey, will you play ‘And One’ off of the Hybrid Theory demo EP?” And it’s like, “Well, we can. But imagine if we take ‘In the End’ or ‘One Step Closer’ out of the set to put that in. I know that 200 people will be really stoked to see that, but then there’s 20,000 people that are bummed out that one of these songs isn’t in.” It’s always a decision we make. But one thing about the new album, The Hunting Party, is that it was written for the stage. It was written for the live show. It’s very live band oriented, so we want to play as much of that stuff as possible. Currently, I think we have five songs in the set, which is a good quarter of the set. We’re still playing the stuff that people know the band for, and we’re also playing new stuff.

His response is really pathetic and it's sad to think that they want to play a show for 'casual' listeners. I don't know why they don't make different setlists every night, like give each a city a 'surprise' song or something like that. It's not that we're asking them to drop all the singles for b-sides but one song each night won't hurt.
Having said all this, at least I'm glad I'll get to see 5 songs off of THP. Rebellion is a great jam and I'm excited to hear it live.

Playing the same set for another entire tour is disappointing. I'll never understand the shortened songs crap or why they think that playing that awful version of Castle of Glass is better than the original song. I understand the idea of the ballad medley but they've been playing it for way too long.

On a recent interview, this was Mike's response to a question about setlists:

His response is really pathetic and it's sad to think that they want to play a show for 'casual' listeners. I don't know why they don't make different setlists every night, like give each a city a 'surprise' song or something like that. It's not that we're asking them to drop all the singles for b-sides but one song each night won't hurt.
Having said all this, at least I'm glad I'll get to see 5 songs off of THP. Rebellion is a great jam and I'm excited to hear it live.

Can you post the link of this interview, please?

Edited by Biel