2014.08.06 - West Palm Beach, FL - Production Rehearsal

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up, here it is:

Chester's singing a bunch of the harmonies wrong/in the wrong spots, guitars sound sloppy, Mike's playing the lead guitar line wrong, and Brad's playing the pre-chorus wrong. About what I expected...

Chester's singing a bunch of the harmonies wrong/in the wrong spots, guitars sound sloppy, Mike's playing the lead guitar line wrong, and Brad's playing the pre-chorus wrong. About what I expected...

Mike's guitar is in which tuning on that video? I thought the song is in drop C but you can see Mike playing on his prs that's usually in drop D.

Mike's guitar is in which tuning on that video? I thought the song is in drop C but you can see Mike playing on his prs that's usually in drop D.

It's in Drop C. Mike has two silver/grey PRS SInglecuts, one of which he hasn't been using lately. He brought it back in a different tuning (Brad appears to be using his blueburst PRS Custom 24, which he's had since 2001 but has only used live a handful of times).

I'm sure Mike and the rest of LP care about your opinion on this. Sounded A+ to me.

I'm sure Mike and the rest of LP care about your opinion on this. Sounded A+ to me.

They should. They can obviously improve, particularly Mike on vocals. The guitars could also use some improving, but it's nothing too bad. Chester and Rob fucking nailed it, though.

Everything I said in my post save for "the guitars sound sloppy" was an objective fact. Right vs. wrong notes and vocal parts being sung in spots they're not supposed to be aren't "opinion."

When they started the chorus, Mike's mic (no pun intended) faded out for a second and you could hear Chester sing the wrong note. It sounded too high.

I can hear Mike making mistakes in the chorus, but not Brad. He sounds fine to me.

Edited by irresistiblecookie

I can't even think about how stupid Until It's Gone is gonna sound without the second verse.. The only song they somewhat promoted for this album and there shortening it .. drop the stupid crawling chorus and just play the verse.. Like what purpose does that Crawling verse have? You don't shorten a new song. And It's beyond me why they are playing the beginning of runaway.. again it has no purpose being there. And might as well not even play Lost In The Echo anymore, no 2nd verse, no 2nd chorus or bridge, where is that logic in any this. I'm going to see them on the 26th and I hope they realize how stupid half this shit is and play a normal set. This kind of bothers me and I hope they at least rotate sets, if they don't I think there honestly just lazy.

I am also not pleased with this setlist. I am not against medleys in general but I don't like 123813 abbreviated songs -.-. In Addition I think songs like Papercut or Lying From You should be FULL!. I would love to see Forgotten or By Myself again - they rehearsed It? They should play it. Get rid of Runaway, the Piano Medley (The should just use 2 sets with either LOATR or SOTD) Maybe Pushing Me Away Piano, FM, Numb as the only not-very-energetic-songs. I think it would be smart to put ALITS, KTTK, AFN or something in the set. It's a visceral tour - inspired by The Hunting Party, right? And ofc, the singles from THP? WTF? Sorry but if some new potential fan is listening to UIG or FM and buys the album - he/she will be disappointed. Sorry but those two tracks doesn't represent the album. AFN, Wastelands or KTTK would make more sense IMO. But let's see what they got in store for us.

P.S.: Why would they leave the audiance if the setlist is almost the same as the previous one? -.-

They made us leave during Robot Boy but we stuck around outside the venue and listened in on the rest of the set. Final Masquerade sounded just fine. Chester was messing up his Rebellion parts without a doubt but he knew that he did and made a face at Mike after it.

The new intro is much shorter than the one they used earlier this summer. Small part of The Catalyst's "Lift me up, let me go" is in there. It's more of a buildup into Rob starting the GATS drums. Very happy to see that Points stayed in the set. Papercut should absolutely be in full, Mike even fucked up and started rapping the second verse when the rest of the band went into the bridge. Need it to be in full. Chester added a line to the Runaway into Wastelands transition with his "Never say goodbye!" bit. Whole set falls apart once COG starts. I would prefer the studio version more than the experience version. Ballad medley needs to be axed ASAP.

That encore was the worst thing I have ever heard. LITE starting the encore instead of the epic UIG intro is weird, and it didn't even have the intro they used during the LT cycle. Plus the song has been cut even MORE than before, no bridge at all. First verse, chorus, into the last chorus. New Divide needs to be taken out of the set completely, shortened or not. Why the hell they extended Crawling and cut UIG? Makes absolutely no sense. The random With You verse after Crawling is also just plain weird. Feels out of place. There's no instrumental stuff from With You being played there, it's basically Mike doing it acapella into UIG. Very odd. This set is a mess.

The random With You verse after Crawling is also just plain weird. Feels out of place. There's no instrumental stuff from With You being played there, it's basically Mike doing it acapella into UIG.

So the WY verse wasn't really a Crawling outro? It was just the acapella?

In the last Private Production Rehearsal they didn't rehearsed The Catalyst or What I've Done, but "surprisingly" they played those songs day after the rehearsal. Even Crawling was in the setlist but the band didn't played it for some reason.

AKA stop with your overreacting. They'll play something similar to the reahearsal setlist but not exactly the same thing. No one should really think that they'll play a shortened version of UIG, but if they'll do it...

In the last Private Production Rehearsal they didn't rehearsed The Catalyst or What I've Done, but "surprisingly" they played those songs day after the rehearsal. Even Crawling was in the setlist but the band didn't played it for some reason.
AKA stop with your overreacting. They'll play something similar to the reahearsal setlist but not exactly the same thing. No one should really think that they'll play a shortened version of UIG, but if they'll do it...

And what about the ATS rehearsal?