2014.08.06 - West Palm Beach, FL - Production Rehearsal

Or bring Rakim to rap his part on GATS.

I'm surprised Rebellion is chosen, since it's in a different tuning and he didn't record it. I'm still waiting for Brad to stop being lazy and learn the simple guitar parts to Powerless.

Brad is severely underestimated as a guitarist within the LP fanbase. He isn't a bad guitarist, he is actually pretty damn good. He isn't ''flashy'' and doesn't like to show off, like members of the band have said, but that doesn't make him bad or anything. I think if Brad wanted to play Rebellion and tried he could definitely do it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was ever a question of Brad's abilities as to whether Rebellion was played or not. It was a matter of Brad putting effort into learning a part he never played before and the issue of the song being a tuning no other song from the band uses (Drop C).

I never underestimated Brad's abilities. He just doesn't put effort in learning certain things.

I remember an old quote from Chester: "We're not the Grateful Dead or Pink Floyd. We're Linkin Park, and we cut all the fat out. We don't do guitar or drum solos." Kinda weird coming from Chester, since he barely plays guitar and doesn't play drums.

Brad is severely underestimated as a guitarist within the LP fanbase. He isn't a bad guitarist, he is actually pretty damn good. He isn't ''flashy'' and doesn't like to show off, like members of the band have said, but that doesn't make him bad or anything. I think if Brad wanted to play Rebellion and tried he could definitely do it.

I'm definitely not underestimating him. More so questioning his consistency. Theres times he would pull off the In Pieces solo pretty well live, and then theres times it sounds awful like this gem.

Not only that, but hes also been struggling with GATS solo which is relatively easy. But like I said, he can prove me wrong.

I'm definitely not underestimating him. More so questioning his consistency. Theres times he would pull off the In Pieces solo pretty well live, and then theres times it sounds awful like this gem.

Not only that, but hes also been struggling with GATS solo which is relatively easy. But like I said, he can prove me wrong.

You are correct about In Pieces, he has had times where he performed the solo just fine and times that it sounded poor, like the performance listed above. I personally think the performance on the LOATR single was the best one. But yeah, sometimes Brad is not consistent when it comes to live performances, but I think he can still play with the best of them and I think he will nail Rebellion.

Edited by Geki

I hope that Chester Brad and Mike all play guitar on it, that way Mike can do the synth parts in the breakdown along with Joe and it will give the guitars some heavy texture to it. I was actually hoping they would add ALITS (what I think is possibly their best song) or maybe All For Nothing or War, but this is all right, as long as they debut more songs as the tours progress (Europe, South America). I jst hope that they get it to work out and it doesn't take several shows to sound halfway decent.

Realllly hoping to be picked by the LPU for this rehearsal. Either way ill be at WPB and Tampa cant wait.

Hey did you get picked? I got my confirmation today. I think everyone that entered the rehearsal got in because there were 20 entries exactly when I checked right before the deadline. That should be perfect.

Hey did you get picked? I got my confirmation today. I think everyone that entered the rehearsal got in because there were 20 entries exactly when I checked right before the deadline. That should be perfect.

you MUST record somethingof the rehearsel XD

The same stuff will be performed at the tour lol. I'll get a video of a song if you want.

yeah i know :P but maybe there will be something funny like 2012 where Chester almost "burning down" by the flames on stage xD

I would ask for a recording of Rebellion...but this song will be played live for the first time ever! And if i was there i would COMPLETELY enjoy the song instead of recording it. So enjoy the song guys, any song recorded will be appreciated :)

Edited by HyruleKing

I hope that Chester Brad and Mike all play guitar on it, that way Mike can do the synth parts in the breakdown along with Joe and it will give the guitars some heavy texture to it. I was actually hoping they would add ALITS (what I think is possibly their best song) or maybe All For Nothing or War, but this is all right, as long as they debut more songs as the tours progress (Europe, South America). I jst hope that they get it to work out and it doesn't take several shows to sound halfway decent.

There's absolutely no reason for Rebellion to have 3 guitars on it. The only point there's even 2 parts in the song is when the lead melody is played, and the guitar is as low in the mix during the synth breakdown as it is at any point in the song, so there would be no reason to have 2 guitars in that section.

Not to mention that Chester is almost certainly incapable of playing all of Rebellion in its entirety (particularly when he has to sing harmonies throughout most of the song), and there's no way for Linkin Park's live rig to accomodate 3 electric guitars at once. Chester and Mike play through the same guitar rig.

some songs actually needed a guitar solo before hunting party but instead it's being replaced by electronics (eg.WFTE)

whenever I hear this song live I laugh my ass off , I mean the synth part after the second bridge is clearly obvious yet brad manages to play random notes as if he's doing a solo or something , samething with BTH i see brad's playing guitar but i could hear nothing

2007 was the only year probably that he's ever done a decent outro of faint instead of hitting randomly notes which sound like mess

iam eager to see brad playing rebellion , I mean it's not that hard , there are tons of covers for it from normal guitarists who played guitars for 2 years or so

brad is playing guitar for over 17 years , and i can't wait to see chester's scream at last bridge

that would be epic ..

Edited by Gigito1995