Wastelands [Official Lyric Video]

SpikeMinoda

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a mistake with the link, it's just linking me to Guilty All The Same.

Oh wait.

Seriously though, I like both of these songs individually, but how did they not realize that the two songs are so close to one another. They're the same key, start similarly, and the choruses (vocal lines mainly) are so close to identical I'm shocked that no one in the studio did anything about it. Seriously, there is zero deviation from what Chester yells at the end of each chorus: (GUILTY ALL THE SAME/WASTELANDS OF TODAY).

After A Thousand Suns, Living Things disappointed me so heavily that I feel foolish for having faith in this album. Although this already sounds better than LT, they still sound like they're regressing instead of growing. I hope the rest of this album proves me wrong.

Edit: The rest of the album proved me wrong, it was pretty great.

Edited by Acodemaster

Interesting, very positive reviews for this song compared to the other two from what I'm reading - for me it's the opposite, this is the weakest of the three in my opinion, it just seems a little boring, simplistic.
The rapping is cool and I'm glad it's there etc but the song just isn't getting me hyped, it just seems a bit simple.

Even though I listened to it live, I don't think I'll listen to the album version now. Waiting until I get the album. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when Mike threw the CD's to the crowd. That was REALLY unexpected.

This is easily the most HT/Meteora-like song the band has released since QWERTY. Still not a total HT/Meteora sound-alike though, Mike's rapping style is more in line with his recent stuff (WTCFM, Skin to Bone remix, Until it Breaks, etc. come to mind), and it's got some really cool synth stuff in it that's reminiscent of the last 2 albums.

I like Wastelands. It's a great song to jam and it works in a live setting. I still think they could have worked on that bridge a little bit more, it feels like it's lacking something.

I am really satisfied with that I've heard from THP. I mean, I love GATS and I consider UIG and Wastelands to be solid tracks. Besides, I am positive these songs aren't even highlights on the album. Apparently Keys to the Kingdom, Rebellion, War and A Line In the Sand are all awesome songs. This could be my favorite LP album ever.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

Just realized the guitar riff during the intro, outro, and transition into the 2nd verse kind of reminds me of Given Up just a tiny bit. I thought I remember someone who attended the listening party saying that they felt the album was full of Given Up's...though I'm not sure if they felt that way about this song. I'm not sure the song as a whole reminds me of Given Up...just some of the guitar parts a bit.

Edit: Ok, I just realized some of the guitar parts also remind me of Victimized haha. Or maybe it was Victimized that I was thinking of and not Given Up. It's definitely one or both.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

Just realized the guitar riff during the intro, outro, and transition into the 2nd verse kind of reminds me of Given Up just a tiny bit. I thought I remember someone who attended the listening party saying that they felt the album was full of Given Up's...though I'm not sure if they felt that way about this song. I'm not sure the song as a whole reminds me of Given Up...just some of the guitar parts a bit.

Edit: Ok, I just realized some of the guitar parts also remind me of Victimized haha. Or maybe it was Victimized that I was thinking of and not Given Up. It's definitely one or both.

Yeah I noticed that too, and is it just me or UIG "solo" sounds a little bit like WID too ?, Im not complaining, so far I like 3/3 of the songs so far.