New Linkin Park Album in 2011!?

LPUemo360

From the LPA:

Chester recently spoke to Australian website Access All Areas to discuss their upcoming tour to Australia, as well as the possibility of Jay Z joining them on stage and the prospects of a live DVD from the current tour, whilst hinting at a possible 2011 release for the next studio album:

"AccessAllAreas: Looking ahead to 2011, what is on the horizon for Linkin Park? Will there be a possible live DVD from this world tour?"

"Chester Bennington: I don’t know. We haven’t really discussed anything like that, we’re really more focused on performing these shows and putting on a great live show and really focused on working on our next album. We tend to be pretty spontaneous with what we do, so if there is a live dvd or something to give something to our fans, something that they’ll like… I think we’re always trying to do something for our fans and give them more than just a record and a chance to see use live.You never know. But I think what we’re really looking forward to most in the coming year is putting out another record."

http://www.accessallareas.net.au/blogs/EkA...EpyQWlrAxjH.php

this is the link for the FULL! Chester interview, & now hears the link for the FULL Brad interview.

Brad Interview With MusicRadar.com:

Brad had a good interview about his role on A Thousand Suns. He talks about what he was focused on in creating A Thousand Suns and goes into detail about editing, his guitar playing and Robot Boy. Check out excerpts below and follow the link for the full article.

"One example would be on a song called Robot Boy. There were tons of sounds in that song, and it started out as a different kind of song. I think I spent two days straight at NRG Studios, literally just editing and moving things around and running things through plug-ins. I spent a lot of hours tinkering. I didn't know if anybody would actually like it, and I had to be open to the idea that they wouldn't. But the direction that the song started to take was the popular one."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/lin...and-suns-308888

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well there "really focused on working on our next album, But I think what we’re really looking forward to most in the coming year is putting out another record." Quote!

lol well you never know...

i can count on all my fingers of interviews where the band or a member has stated an album will come out. Good example. The
video, mike said the album would come out in 2009. Trust me the band NEVER knows when something will come out until it is completely out. Another example. 8 Bit rebellion was supposed to come out in january i believe. Didnt get it till april.

and lol At this

Last time we played in Australia we played with Chris Parnell,

LOL at this from Brad's interview

[...]Produced by Rick Rubin and Linkin Park co-vocalist Mark Shinoda[...]

Better yet.

[...]Australia we played with Chris Parnell, that was[...]

I prayyy thats theres a DVD of this tour and Jay-Z pops out at one of the 3 shows I'm at!

I believe this means they will start working on a new Linkin Park album, not actually release a new album.

Yeah agree. Seriously doubt it would be even possible to release a new album next year with touring and all that.

Sounds like a classic case of the interviewer mixing up his quotes and twisting them a little.(e.g: Mike's words about playing something they've never done before at LPU Summit and the fans quoted at as Mike saying they would play a new song or a really old song and the whole thing grew a head of its own) If it's not a video feed with those words coming out of Chester's own mouth, it's not even worth noting. And at best, he probably means something different than what everyone is inferring.

Edited by arbiter

Okay we all know that 2011 is impossible. But let's just think about that. In the MEET OF ATS DVD Mike said that he was on this hunt. (To get new sounds) Maybe they got a bunch of unused sounds. And because of the Deadline... Maybe they just cut unfinished songs which are maybe also damn good so they got some basic songs for the next album?

maybe maybe maybe...

Well I remember one interview... they said, that they are able to do a new album (like Meteora or Hybrid Theory) in just one week. So when they really want to release something new, than it could be possible to happen. :)

But actually, I also think that they won't release a new album in 2011. ;)

Well I remember one interview... they said, that they are able to do a new album (like Meteora or Hybrid Theory) in just one week. So when they really want to release something new, than it could be possible to happen. :)

Yeah, but they won't do another HT or Meteora ;)