New Linkin Park Album in 2011!?

LPUemo360

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more interested in a live dvd than a new album right now. I would hope they would hold off on a live dvd at the moment only because I'm sure they have yet to pull out a best setlist from the shows so far and there isn't live footage BITS, RB, or Blackout which I would want included on the dvd. I would want a handful of Meteora songs and P5hng Me A*wy on it :P

I don't think an iTunes EP some time in 2011 would be a bad idea.

Would be cool, indeed. Plus, I remember someone from the band saying they were thinking about releasing a bunch of ,new songs (like 3,4 songs) each 4/5 months, instead of releasing albums.

So, an EP is not impossible.

Edited by Qwerty18

IMO, I believe that they may have unfinished ATS-Era songs that they can work up into a new album, cause I remember something about them saying once they have a collection of a songs that feels like an album, they release it or something. *Don't quote me on that, I don't know if i'm accurate*.

Edited by adaminator1

am i the only one who doesn't want them to release the next record already next year?

I agree, even if they had a good solid album recorded by 2011 it wouldn't hurt to keep working on it for another year or so until it's the best it can be. That's what I think LP is about, the overall quality of their music versus the quantity of albums they can put out each year.

Am I the only one who believes that we could easily see a new album in 2011 or in like January 2012. I mean Chester did say they wanted to make more music more often and they could easily start writing music while on tour and then start recording after the US tour. I am one of the few who beileve this could be possible!

I agree, even if they had a good solid album recorded by 2011 it wouldn't hurt to keep working on it for another year or so until it's the best it can be. That's what I think LP is about, the overall quality of their music versus the quantity of albums they can put out each year.

And I think it would really just be too fast, no matter if its good or not. I don't want a new record every year, I want to get used to the new songs, I want to listen to them for quite some time, without being confronted with a completely new record. Of course I would love to get new songs every now and then, who wouldn't, but not a whole new record. It's just too much, and I like the anticipation when after 3 years or something finally a new album is going to be released. I like that.

Am I the only one who believes that we could easily see a new album in 2011 or in like January 2012. I mean Chester did say they wanted to make more music more often and they could easily start writing music while on tour and then start recording after the US tour. I am one of the few who beileve this could be possible!

Just curious, but when did you become a hardcore LP fan? Cause that may explain your optimism. XD

And I think it would really just be too fast, no matter if its good or not. I don't want a new record every year, I want to get used to the new songs, I want to listen to them for quite some time, without being confronted with a completely new record. Of course I would love to get new songs every now and then, who wouldn't, but not a whole new record. It's just too much, and I like the anticipation when after 3 years or something finally a new album is going to be released. I like that.

For me I wouldn't mind a new album. LP is my favorite band. And my friend once pointed out to me that 4 albums in 10 years is not enough. Of course i told him he was crazy but now I think he was right and it would awesome for more music more often.

Just curious, but when did you become a hardcore LP fan? Cause that may explain your optimism. XD

I became an LP fan in 2006 and I know they take forever to do things, but I still think this one can be done.

For me I wouldn't mind a new album. LP is my favorite band. And my friend once pointed out to me that 4 albums in 10 years is not enough. Of course i told him he was crazy but now I think he was right and it would awesome for more music more often.

I became an LP fan in 2006 and I know they take forever to do things, but I still think this one can be done.

LP is my favorite band too, nobody questioned that. It's not about if they are able to do it either. In my opinion it's just unneccessarry and too much.

Just do what Papa Roach did. Do a greatest hits album with like 5 or so new songs on it.

smile.gif

Lol that was a little lame though in my opinion, though the new songs are pure awesomeness. But I'm not a huge fan of such records, better wait until you have material for a complete album (: but thats just my opinion.

Edited by Patty Mayonnaise

If the band were to release another live CD/DVD, I think they should have a complication of the best performances of each song. So lets say they played Jornada the best in London, but played Bleed It Out the best in Israel, then they pick those songs to be on the CD/DVD.

I doubt it though.

Also, this who article isn't very well written. Haha. Where'd they get Mark Shinoda from? LOL

LP is my favorite band too, nobody questioned that. It's not about if they are able to do it either. In my opinion it's just unneccessarry and too much.

Lol that was a little lame though in my opinion, though the new songs are pure awesomeness. But I'm not a huge fan of such records, better wait until you have material for a complete album (: but thats just my opinion.

Well, I dont think it's too much, but that's just my opinion. I mean for me next year will be a great year in music, so a new linkin park album would make it even greater. Oh and the thing papa roach did was kinda stupid. I would prefer them to do what Eminem and the offspring did. Wait until you actsully have enough albums for a greatest hits album and just add one new song on it.

LOL yeah okay. 2013 at the earliest. 2011 they're touring into summer. Fall of 2011 they'll take a break. Some touring early 2012 and into summertime. Then they'll start seriously working on the album end of 2012. Wrap it up by summer 2013, promote and release album fall of 2013. They'll probably get some ideas and samples together from now until then, but no chance in hell we get anything in 2011.

THIS!!!! this right hear!!!! is 100% possabillty of becoming true for LP. I mean Gorillaz being my 2nd fav band, & they can pull this off just by making music using a IPAD, i mean come on! LP can make something by 2011 years end, EP or New Album.

Yeah I LOL'd at Damon admitting he is making the tour record on an IPad, also Gorillaz is up there at #2 in my book too.