New Linkin Park Album in 2011!?

LPUemo360

When you look at an album you look at what it cost to make and market it and what is earned in profit. The album was a failure in that regard. It didn't have much competition the week it came out.

To get an idea of how badly it's done. It debuted in America with 241,000 copies in the first week. However, that was 2.5 months ago. It is STILL not Gold (500,000) in America.

EDIT: Those 241,000 copies were shipped, not sold. Quantity shipped is different than quantity sold.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i reacon it would be highly possible for mike to search his pc for songs that didn't make HT and Meteora stick em on a cd hand it in to warner and they'd release with tons of promotion. and we'd think they recorded it yesterday.

Because without actually being in the band, you don't know what they have behind closed doors.

They are probably getting pressure from the label. ATS was a flop (sales-wise).

I'm sure the band made ATS with all those little details that they can't control in mind. So i doubt they still care about stuff like that especially pressure from a label that has made huge money of them. If they did, they wouldn't have made ATS. They put their money where their mouth is and that is telling of itself. This album may not have sold as well as the others, but i doubt it all of a sudden is a cause for the label to start biting their nails. They've ripped a ton of profit from the band that out-weighs a CD not selling the amount they want it to. If they bitch, it would because of greed and not from any dying needs for profit.

Knowing LP, there will not be an album in 2011. However, is not impossible to record an album while touring. Damon Albram from Gorillaz/Blur recently said that he has been recording new music on their recent tour after releasing his newest Gorillaz record last march. He said he wanted to release it by years end or early next year. He also just relesed an new single that was just recorded on the tour. Please keep in mind that Gorillaz has only released 3 studio albums in 10 years, each being different than the other. So in all honesty if they can do it, so can Linkin Park.

I will be more than glad to support LP if it gets released next year, but am not putting my hopes into it.

Knowing LP, there will not be an album in 2011. However, is not impossible to record an album while touring. Damon Albram from Gorillaz/Blur recently said that he has been recording new music on their recent tour after releasing his newest Gorillaz record last march. He said he wanted to release it by years end or early next year. He also just relesed an new single that was just recorded on the tour. Please keep in mind that Gorillaz has only released 3 studio albums in 10 years, each being different than the other. So in all honesty if they can do it, so can Linkin Park.

I will be more than glad to support LP if it gets released next year, but am not putting my hopes into it.

THIS!!!! this right hear!!!! is 100% possabillty of becoming true for LP. I mean Gorillaz being my 2nd fav band, & they can pull this off just by making music using a IPAD, i mean come on! LP can make something by 2011 years end, EP or New Album.

As much as I, along with everyone else, would love for that to happen, it just won't. AT BEST, they'll get some studio work done in between touring cycles and do some work on their touring bus, but we've all heard them talk about that before and it obviously didn't speed ATS up at all. To be honest I don't know if I want them to put out a record that fast. Yeah I know, its a scary thought, but we've seen them do a record that fast before, Meteora, and for them to make an album like that would be too easy for them and I know for a fact they can't bang out albums like MTM or ATS that fast. If they can have an album out in 2012 before the world ends I'll be grateful and surprised.

I'm sure the band made ATS with all those little details that they can't control in mind. So i doubt they still care about stuff like that especially pressure from a label that has made huge money of them. If they did, they wouldn't have made ATS. They put their money where their mouth is and that is telling of itself. This album may not have sold as well as the others, but i doubt it all of a sudden is a cause for the label to start biting their nails. They've ripped a ton of profit from the band that out-weighs a CD not selling the amount they want it to. If they bitch, it would because of greed and not from any dying needs for profit.

You all act like the business of music is some emotion-filled fantasy with respect and dignity. It's just like any other business; the more money the more cold and political it becomes. /donetrying

It's like Jay-Z said: "I don't give a f*** what you used to move, what you used to do...we don't really care what you used to say / unless that affects your future pay."

Edited by HybridThe0ry97