6th Album/Mall Soundtrack

Skipees

So far, all signs from the band members are pointing to this album being awesome. I hope it isn't of the same quality as LIVING THINGS. I honestly would like them to evolve on the ATS sound and keep taking it further with each album, but if this album is going to try and ''revive the rock scene a bit'' as Mike said, I'm all for that as well. Live drums are also a good thing.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone asked Rob on Facebook during his chat "Hi Rob! We already know the opinions from Mike and Chester about it.. So I'm interested to know yours..How would you describe the new material that the band is composing? Will you have a more active role in it?" and he said "Yes, we've been working on new music and I'm personally very excited about the direction of the new album. Its hard to tell exactly how its going to turn out at this time but we've been spending a lot of time together in the studio and I've done a lot of drumming over the last month. I would definitely say live drums have a more active role in what we are doing."

Good to hear, right?

Also, two of his favorite songs to perform live are Somewhere I Belong and No More Sorrow.

Oh wow that's awesome! even though it's hardly anything and real easy to glance over that's Really good news. A raw-er more less electronic album would be very welcome!

The soundcloud won't work for me.. Anyways, organic sounds great. MTM was described by the band as organic. Basically, all the things they have said so far is pointing in a good direction. Less electronic elements. ATS and LT were both heavily electronic based.

Good to hear, MTM is one of my Favorites by LP. Would love a more Rock-driven record. Mike's statements about bringing back rock n' roll and Brad using his guitar a lot has me excited. Can't wait for the hype to start building this year!

Agreed. Also, Chester has been around STP for a little while, so maybe that'll also mean something in terms of his lyrical content and singing styles for their new album.

So far every members statement who were interviewed about new album, is pointing that new LP album will be more "organic", but we need Mr. Hahn to be asked, to confirm that. He (and Mike) is responsible for electronic stuff in their music, so he (and Mike) knows best how much electronic stuff their new music will contain. I personally think they will go to the more organic direction, everything is pointing to that direction. I think that Recharged and A Light That Never Comes was made to "feed" people with electronic stuff in LP, so there is enough of it in LP, so they can make something that don't contain that much of it.

I think that Recharged and A Light That Never Comes was made to "feed" people with electronic stuff in LP, so there is enough of it in LP, so they can make something that don't contain that much of it.

Either that or to get keyboard-warrior Facebook fans as angry as possible and asking "WHY LINKIN PARK MAKE EDM? SHOULD MAKE NU METAL LIKE OLD DAYS", then anything vaguely more rock-ish will bowl them all over and make them love the band even more.

/cynicism

I haven't particularly been disappointed with LP so far and I have been a die-hard fan since the same day that Meteora was released back in 2003. I liked everything they have done so far, including ATS and LT, as well as ALTNC and Recharged. I just don't want the NEXT album to sound like LT or be rushed. I want the music to be organic and come naturally, etc, and all signs are pointing to that for this album. I am happy.

"thrash part"

"thrash part"

"thrash part"

I just got super excited when I read that but I don't want to get too excited because this could end up like MTM and not be heavy. Even though I love MTM to death. I just want a heavy record from LP or at least a few super heavy songs.

Also, those are Joe's notes. Joe is the same guy who described Mike's remix of Victimized as "hardcore." I doubt my definition of "thrash" is in the same realm as his. :lol:

Mike's remix of Victimized is heavy as fuck though.