6th Album/Mall Soundtrack

Skipees

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as lyrics go, MTM and ATS were a lot more mature lyrically then LT is. I remember an interview with Chester back in early 2012 saying the lyrics in LT were about relationships. In Pieces was an example of a song about a bad relationship that still remained mature lyrically. Lyrics like ''I wanna see you suffer all alone in your misery'' or ''This time I've finally let you go'' don't seem very mature to me. But it's not just about lyrics. It has to be lyrically immature and musically immature, much like the music on early LP work was or kids like that won't listen to it. LP could make a song that lyrically was about having a temper tantrum and have a ATS style backing it up musically and it wouldn't do as well for those kids as a heavy guitar and drum oriented rock track about having a temper tantrum. For example, Blackout in a way could be about throwing a fit (the first half). One Step Closer literally is about throwing a fit. But the music for the songs are drastically different. Which IS STILL a bigger hit with those kinds of people? OSC. LP made the mistake of making the same album with Meteora and that just branded it into non LP fans minds that that is the only kind of music they can make. MTM was a good attempt at breaking away, it did the job. Remember how mad all those kids were in 2007? Then ATS was the perfect attempt, it killed off whatever nu-metal kids were still hanging by because of MTM and New Divide. They accomplished what they wanted. But then in 2012, they released fucking BID and LT. Which is like a huge step back. LT to me has always sounded like the album that came IN BETWEEN MTM AND ATS. It makes sense to me, the songs sound more like New Divide. New Divide was in between MTM and ATS.

You've been hanging around on LPA too much...:lol: Just kidding, eh.

But, there isn't such things as "musically immature". Lyrics can be immature, but not the music. Kids like heavy guitars? Good for them. That won't stop me for also liking them, even if I'm not exactly a kid anymore.

And "accomplished what they wanted" argument is funny, since I guess, they accomplish what they want with each album release. They did wanted to make reminescent from the past music this time, and so they did.

You've been hanging around on LPA too much... :lol: Just kidding, eh.

But, there isn't such things as "musically immature". Lyrics can be immature, but not the music. Kids like heavy guitars? Good for them. That won't stop me for also liking them, even if I'm not exactly a kid anymore.

And "accomplished what they wanted" argument is funny, since I guess, they accomplish what they want with each album release. They did wanted to make reminescent from the past music this time, and so they did.

Seriously? There is SUCH a sing as musically immature. I don't even want to get into this argument to be honest. But there definitely is such a thing as musical immaturity.

Yeah I agree.

Hopefully the new stuff is stuff they can perform live without lipsynching. *cough*WTCFM, Iridescent, IMR*cough*

Proof it otherwise i wouldn´t belive why they would do that maybe they back up some of thoose "ooooooh" background vocals but never the main ones

They lip sync the gang vocals parts. Iridescent for example, it sounds live exactly like on the record. It always sounds the same. They either lip sync or you can't hear them at all.

I'm quite sure about In My Remains, the part when they sing "one by one, one by one" in gang vocals, it's way too perfect live. Phoenix really does sing on the song.

They lip sync the gang vocals parts. Iridescent for example, it sounds live exactly like on the record. It always sounds the same. They either lip sync or you can't hear them at all.

I'm quite sure about In My Remains, the part when they sing "one by one, one by one" in gang vocals, it's way too perfect live. Phoenix really does sing on the song.

They still sing over Iridescent though. Well, I'm pretty sure Mike does.

Seriously? There is SUCH a sing as musically immature. I don't even want to get into this argument to be honest. But there definitely is such a thing as musical immaturity.

Yep, no need to get into this argument, you wouldn't convince me anyway, even with all caps ;) Edited by Qwerty18

I love Chester's screaming, it's one of the main reason I ever got into LP the way that I did.

THIS

and his singing as well

HT=rock

M=ROCK

MTM=rock

ATS=is that LP?

LT=rock

So I think they're next project is going to be ROCK.

that's a pretty good way to put it

• 2 weeks later...

Being in the minority, but I want LP to just go fucking crazy and make a heavy ass record. They are getting older which I understand and that's exactly why I think they should. Rekindle that energy before one day they cant. Just make a crazy CD.

People always sit there and diss Meteora, MTM but I guess being and energetic guy and into physical activities it's albums like those that get me hyped! ATS to me was so incredibly boring, sure the artistic value was great, but I became a LP fan because of the energy.

So I'm obviously wanting some pumped up rock music again.

And as for the soundtrack, I'm curious. I am a big fan of music scores so I'm wondering if it will be that type of feel or if it will be an album with all tracks containing vocals?

• 1 month later...

I think they are done with The Mall music and probably are working on the new LP album right now. Ethan's website says he tracked/recorded The Mall music with LP from May to October 2012. They probably have concluded those sessions by now if he hasn't posted a single thing about it since October. There's a pic of them in the studio in September, so that sounds about right.

http://www.ethanmates.com/News.html

"May-Oct. 2012

Tracking new music for forthcoming feature film “The Mall”"

From Joe:

https://twitter.com/joehahnLP/status/248863...3030656/photo/1 (September 20)

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Multitracks.

first time i saw the picture i was pretty sure it means Multitracks, but then i saw SomeDude comment and if the Water Taxi is just a descreption of the scene why there are Multitracks of this:

Posted Image

maybe it's just some to do list and i'm mess them all.

first time i saw the picture i was pretty sure it means Multitracks, but then i saw SomeDude comment and if the Water Taxi is just a descreption of the scene why there are Multitracks of this:

They use the multitracks for the song, not the water taxi...