6th Album/Mall Soundtrack

Skipees

I know it's little bit off but I don't understand that hate. We always pray for songs like LGM, LITE, Victimized, and when they write some heavy shit "we" hate it. What about COG? When they preformed first Chester sounds like a gay bitch without balls...

Because these people want to hear songs like Asbestos and the 2006 version of Qwerty, not this eletronic/pop stuff. They want to hear heavy guitars and Chester screaming. I know a lot of people who stopped listening to Linkin Park after they released Minutes To Midnight because they "went emo" and people who hated A Thousand Suns because of the lack of guitars and its more eletronic direction.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called harmonizing...

No it's not :(

lpliveusername: I'm one of those guys who want to hear their old stuff. Back in 2007 I was only 17 years old and I hated minutes to midnight so much. Why? Because I was too young I wanted to hear tracks like QWERTY. Back to LGM I think this is the closest song too their old sound, don't forget HT is 70%electronics stuff with guitar riffs :D (oh and sorry for my bad english :rolleyes: )

Edited by xdespisedkidx

Because these people want to hear songs like Asbestos and the 2006 version of Qwerty, not this eletronic/pop stuff. They want to hear heavy guitars and Chester screaming. I know a lot of people who stopped listening to Linkin Park after they released Minutes To Midnight because they "went emo" and people who hated A Thousand Suns because of the lack of guitars and its more eletronic direction.

Part of the reason I loved the whole 2005/2006/2007/2008 (MTM) was because it had heavy guitar work on a lot of stuff and screaming (Qwerty, Given Up, No More Sorrow) and just in general heavy stuff like Asbestos. I liked the ''rock'' sound LP made. ATS was then a super departure from not only the old LP, but the MTM LP as well. I'm not that into heavy electronic music so I didn't enjoy it as much. I still liked it, though, because it was different. LT on the other hand, is like they took the electronic side of ATS (Kind of) and just brought back Hybrid Theory/Meteora style structures and did those over the electronic stuff. It doesn't fit that well IMO. LT does have some songs like I'll Be Gone, Roads Untraveled, Castle Of Glass Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks and Powerless that don't really sound like old LP but the rest kind of do.

I know it's little bit off but I don't understand that hate. We always pray for songs like LGM, LITE, Victimized, and when they write some heavy shit "we" hate it. What about COG? When they preformed first Chester sounds like a gay bitch without balls...

You're blind & deaf ,it's not your fault

censored

<_ calm yourself down and if you want to silence people offer management.>

LT on the other hand, is like they took the electronic side of ATS (Kind of) and just brought back Hybrid Theory/Meteora style structures and did those over the electronic stuff. It doesn't fit that well IMO.

LT sounds like HT-M-MTM-ATS+NEW mix. it's really HYBRID album, because this some people likes songs x,y,z and the rest likes a,b,c. LT is not integral like the other albums, and i think that is the uniqueness in it. Edited by Skipees

No it's not :(

lpliveusername: I'm one of those guys who want to hear their old stuff. Back in 2007 I was only 17 years old and I hated minutes to midnight so much. Why? Because I was too young I wanted to hear tracks like QWERTY. Back to LGM I think this is the closest song too their old sound, don't forget HT is 70%electronics stuff with guitar riffs :D (oh and sorry for my bad english :rolleyes: )

Actually, it is harmonizing, lol. And I was 13 when Minutes to Midnight came out and got into it after a couple listens, lol.

Yeah i can imagine a 13 y.o boy headbanging to In Between.

or this

In Between is a good song. A song doesn't have to be all 12 year old teenage angst like most of the songs on Hybrid Theory, Meteora and some of Living Things.

Wow, this thread is whipping itself up into a shitstorm.

IMO, MTM was when LP started setting their sights on a target demographic above 13 year olds who are mad at their moms. It was an attempt to make "adult music", so to speak. The stigma attached to LP in general probably prevented that from actually happening, but it's been a good attempt so far.

Not to say that younger teens wouldn't be able to appreciate MTM. They'd appreciate MTM more than ATS, certainly, unless they're a particularly educated kid who's able to grasp larger concepts.

Wow, this thread is whipping itself up into a shitstorm.

IMO, MTM was when LP started setting their sights on a target demographic above 13 year olds who are mad at their moms. It was an attempt to make "adult music", so to speak. The stigma attached to LP in general probably prevented that from actually happening, but it's been a good attempt so far.

Not to say that younger teens wouldn't be able to appreciate MTM. They'd appreciate MTM more than ATS, certainly, unless they're a particularly educated kid who's able to grasp larger concepts.

As far as lyrics go, MTM and ATS were a lot more mature lyrically then LT is. I remember an interview with Chester back in early 2012 saying the lyrics in LT were about relationships. In Pieces was an example of a song about a bad relationship that still remained mature lyrically. Lyrics like ''I wanna see you suffer all alone in your misery'' or ''This time I've finally let you go'' don't seem very mature to me. But it's not just about lyrics. It has to be lyrically immature and musically immature, much like the music on early LP work was or kids like that won't listen to it. LP could make a song that lyrically was about having a temper tantrum and have a ATS style backing it up musically and it wouldn't do as well for those kids as a heavy guitar and drum oriented rock track about having a temper tantrum. For example, Blackout in a way could be about throwing a fit (the first half). One Step Closer literally is about throwing a fit. But the music for the songs are drastically different. Which IS STILL a bigger hit with those kinds of people? OSC. LP made the mistake of making the same album with Meteora and that just branded it into non LP fans minds that that is the only kind of music they can make. MTM was a good attempt at breaking away, it did the job. Remember how mad all those kids were in 2007? Then ATS was the perfect attempt, it killed off whatever nu-metal kids were still hanging by because of MTM and New Divide. They accomplished what they wanted. But then in 2012, they released fucking BID and LT. Which is like a huge step back. LT to me has always sounded like the album that came IN BETWEEN MTM AND ATS. It makes sense to me, the songs sound more like New Divide. New Divide was in between MTM and ATS.

But then in 2012, they released fucking BID and LT. Which is like a huge step back. LT to me has always sounded like the album that came IN BETWEEN MTM AND ATS. It makes sense to me, the songs sound more like New Divide. New Divide was in between MTM and ATS.

as an artist, you can't always go forward.. sometimes you need to go left, right, or even - back.

how you can improve the ATS concept? make double disc one for Mike and one for Chester like OutKast? ok, then what? 45 minutes one piece album? then?

it's time for somebody to say it out loud - LIVING THINGS IS THE WORST LINKIN PARK ALBUM - BUT ONLY COMPARE TO THE FOUR OTHERS. i mean if we judge every album at the time he's released (you CAN'T judge HT or Meteora in 2013 like i see some people here try to do) - he's in the 5th place.

but you still can enjoy it. to half of the people takes 5 times of listening to like ATS.

Edited by Skipees

- One Step Closer lyrics are about the thing as Bleed It Out lyrics. Both songs talk about the frustration the band was feeling because they couldn't finish a specific song (not about relationships).

- Not only non LP fans thought that was the only sound they could make. I'm not gonna lie, I was of these people who expected Minutes To Midnight to sound like Hybrid Theory and Meteora and I was kind of disappointed when they announced Qwerty wouldn't be in the album. I also hated What I've Done. At the time the album was released, the only songs I liked were Given Up, Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow and In Between (I loved to hear Mike singing). I didn't like New Divide very much. It was an "ok" song. But I loved The Catalyst and Waiting For The End as soon as they came out. I also hated Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery. You can't say what songs someone will like based on if they listen to nu-metal or not.

- Not every nu-metal lyrics are about angry kids who hates their mom for no reason. Listen to stuff like Slipknot, Otep, Papa Roach, Incubus, and System Of A Down. They wrote some strong political shit.

- Linkin Park is still my favorite band (Linkin Park is what got me into music) and I still love nu-metal. Nu-metal is a experimental genre. Bands labeled as "nu-metal" were bands that thought it would be fun to mix genres together in a attempt to create something new. This genre got me into hip-hop, heavy metal, trash metal, metalcore, reggae, eletronic, funk rock/metal, alternative rock/metal, post-hardcore, etc. I do understand why these bands don't like being labeled as "nu-metal bands", they were trying to create something new instead of being part of something that someone else created. I just don't understand why some people here claim to hate it so much (even people who listens to bands like Deftones, Evanescence, Papa Roach, System Of A Down, etc). It's like any other genre, some bands are good and some are not, you can't generalize.

- Yes, I listed SOAD, Evanescence, and Incubus as nu-metal bands. Please don't kill me.

Well, I mean, none of those really fit into the nu-metal spectrum. An argument (a weak one) could be made for SoaD, but certainly not the other two.

I know you didn't quote me, but I certainly wasn't talking about the entire spectrum of nu-metal in my post, and I'm pretty sure Geki wasn't either. I personally don't think the genre has much merit, but I'm not gonna talk about that. Let's focus on LP.

I think LT was a sort of a mis-step, more than anything. Not an intentional step backwards - but I think too much of that HT/Meteora sound bled into their music. Obviously, they can give whatever reason they want for reverting to that sound in select parts of the album, but a major reason for that had to be the disappointing reception for ATS compared to their previous three albums. They branched out like crazy - maybe a little too much, I'm willing to say that. But the response sort of reminds me of what Weezer did after Pinkerton - they turned right the fuck back around and began pumping out shittier versions of the Blue Album. I don't think LT was a reversion back to HT/Meteora entirely - songs like UIB and COG say otherwise. Those are songs LP would never have made if they hadn't made MTM and ATS. But I think they're playing it too safe now.

Well, I mean, none of those really fit into the nu-metal spectrum. An argument (a weak one) could be made for SoaD, but certainly not the other two.

They are usually associated with this genre. Incubus because of their early work and Evanescence because of Fallen and their self-titled album.

I think LT was a sort of a mis-step, more than anything. Not an intentional step backwards - but I think too much of that HT/Meteora sound bled into their music. Obviously, they can give whatever reason they want for reverting to that sound in select parts of the album, but a major reason for that had to be the disappointing reception for ATS compared to their previous three albums. They branched out like crazy - maybe a little too much, I'm willing to say that. But the response sort of reminds me of what Weezer did after Pinkerton - they turned right the fuck back around and began pumping out shittier versions of the Blue Album. I don't think LT was a reversion back to HT/Meteora entirely - songs like UIB and COG say otherwise. Those are songs LP would never have made if they hadn't made MTM and ATS. But I think they're playing it too safe now.

I think Linkin Park was trying to bring back the old fans while keeping the new ones. Like Soul said, Living Things has something for everyone.

whohohohhoho watch out we got some 13 years old "badass" fans here. You call my favourite singer gay wooo man fuck you hahahaha :D Grow up kids :D It's just a music. And FOR ME it's not harmonizing :( SomedudeRemix is right. Too much shitstorm in this topic. Linkin Park is got me into music in 2000 but now in 2013 they aren't my favourite band. Too much disappointed me in the years. The music, the video clips, the live shows. Of course they have a good years like 2007, 2008 and the 2012 eu tour. But it's not enough for me. Can I say Living Things is my favourite album from the new era or some "fans" try to hunt and kill me because I have an opinion? And yeah if they do an eu tour in 14 I will go but they can't beat the show in Venezia. The setlist, communication, the energy everything was so cool.

edit: I'm wrong. They can BEAT IT with songs like figure 09, p5hng, don't stay etc :D

Edited by xdespisedkidx

What about COG? When they preformed first Chester sounds like a gay bitch without balls...

THIS

don't forget HT is 70%electronics stuff with guitar riffs :D (oh and sorry for my bad english :rolleyes: )

and THIS

HT=rock

M=ROCK

MTM=rock

ATS=is that LP?

LT=rock

So I think they're next project is going to be ROCK.

MTM=rock? What bro?

Ok,I'm sorry,but that guy called chester gay,& I hate it,opinion :/

dude you crazy :D

whohohohhoho watch out we got some 13 years old "badass" fans here. You call my favourite singer gay wooo man fuck you hahahaha :D Grow up kids :D It's just a music. And FOR ME it's not harmonizing :( SomedudeRemix is right. Too much shitstorm in this topic. Linkin Park is got me into music in 2000 but now in 2013 they aren't my favourite band. Too much disappointed me in the years. The music, the video clips, the live shows. Of course they have a good years like 2007, 2008 and the 2012 eu tour. But it's not enough for me. Can I say Living Things is my favourite album from the new era or some "fans" try to hunt and kill me because I have an opinion? And yeah if they do an eu tour in 14 I will go but they can't beat the show in Venezia. The setlist, communication, the energy everything was so cool.

edit: I'm wrong. They can BEAT IT with songs like figure 09, p5hng, don't stay etc :D

ppl talking about old new lp ,why're you here if you hate lp?why?we don't need your reviews & get a life,if you can hate it,make your own song & show me what you've got.END OF CONVO

ppl talking about old new lp ,why're you here if you hate lp?why?we don't need your reviews & get a life,if you can hate it,make your own song & show me what you've got.END OF CONVO

Woo man, go back to the school and continue your english study because you don't understand what I said LOL. I just try to said FOR MEEEEEE the band is so much better than in the ht/meteora/m2m days. I can't have an opinion because of "hate" but you can talk shit about LGM? hahahaha. So much different opinion in this topic that's why we started this "war"... <_<

Oh and MrXEROLP. How old are you man? 13 who got his m2m copy from his mom and listen it all day ? :D

Edited by xdespisedkidx