6th Album/Mall Soundtrack

Skipees

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched an interview from Guitar Center, Chester said something interesting about "potential collaborations with artists we admire."

the question is when it was filmed, because maybe he just talking about STP.

Edited by Skipees

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think they're going to work most on the new album. Mike said they will release new album 18 months after Living Things, so probably it will be released at the end of this year. He said that they already made a song for the new album too .Someone (I think it was Joe) said that "Mall" will be in cinemas in 2014.

I noticed that this year for LP is busiest ever, they never worked at so much things at the same time. They work with new album, Mall soundtrack, LP Recharge together with Steve Aoki. Joe work with "Mall", Chester work with new STP album (EP) and he is touring with them. They have a bit of work with LPU13 album and the band that may appear on the album. LP toured a bit this year too.

Mike and Brad write most of the LP songs. This is great fucking news. Mike writing guitar. Maybe the album won't be in the EDM direction like I thought. I have faith in Mike and Brad. I hope they can write a great album, maybe continue on the path that MTM and ATS led them, and let LT just be a one-off type album. Chester's voice will be in great shape after coming back from the STP tour probably, so when it comes time to lay down vocals, it should be epic as well.

I knew this guitar will calm some people lol.

I hope they can write a great album, maybe continue on the path that MTM and ATS led them, and let LT just be a one-off type album.

Agree. Living Things can be a "bridge" between ATS and the new album, but two LT it's a different story.

To me, Chester's voice never sounds bad, so either way I'll be satisfied with the final product.

If you're talking about studio stuff, I can agree. But when it comes to live shows he's not 100% with all the songs all time (and that's normal).

If you're talking about studio stuff, I can agree. But when it comes to live shows he's not 100% with all the songs all time (and that's normal).

You're missing my point. I don't mind if he is off at shows, it doesn't really matter to me. From my experience, when you are physically at the show, you don't really notice if he is off or not, you just have fun. I don't listen to all the live shows and stuff, so I don't care as much what he sounds like live. Very rarely do I think he actually sounds bad. In the studio, he always sounds perfect to me, but that's obviously since in the studio you can pretty much do whatever.

You're missing my point. I don't mind if he is off at shows, it doesn't really matter to me. From my experience, when you are physically at the show, you don't really notice if he is off or not, you just have fun.

I understand what he means. In another example, Oli Sykes from Bring Me the Horizon often sounds really bad when you watch a live video of theirs, but when you're there you don't really care 'cause the crowd are all singing along and the atmosphere is awesome. Plus he's a good frontman, which can often be more important than being a good vocalist.

• 2 months later...

Someone asked Rob on Facebook during his chat "Hi Rob! We already know the opinions from Mike and Chester about it.. So I'm interested to know yours..How would you describe the new material that the band is composing? Will you have a more active role in it?" and he said "Yes, we've been working on new music and I'm personally very excited about the direction of the new album. Its hard to tell exactly how its going to turn out at this time but we've been spending a lot of time together in the studio and I've done a lot of drumming over the last month. I would definitely say live drums have a more active role in what we are doing."

Good to hear, right?

Also, two of his favorite songs to perform live are Somewhere I Belong and No More Sorrow.