Linkin Park's Next Album Will "Polarize" People

colinreid

Linkin Park recently spoke to Kerrang about their follow up to "A Thousand Suns"! Check out the article here.

Chester: "We've been working on a new record for the past two months. The music is great and we're well ahead of where we're expecting to be. There aren't a whole lot of noises going on, but there are a lot of good songs. It will probably get a very polarized reaction. Which pleases me. As an artist, I want a reaction."

Thoughts?

Edited by Hahninator

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone knows, but mikeshinodaclan has the scans up. This should be in the newswire, no idea why the hell it isn't. Great interview. I can't wait for LP's 5th album. I never wanted an ATS part 2, and they're definitely not making one. The interview is a lot longer than just that little paragraph, everyone should read it! Very insightful!

I never wanted an ATS part 2, and they're definitely not making one.

This will not happen, I assure you.

Now I will explain why.

I always consider album Meteora as the 2nd part of the album Hybrid Theory. Not one so I thought. and then was release the album MTM. and on the eve of release of the 4th studio album, I thought it's will be something special, something unreal. But in the end we got 2nd part MTM. Yeah I consider the album ATS it's the 2nd part of the album MTM. I think many people will agree with me. because sounding on these two albums (MTM & ATS) are very similar. for example songs like :

Shadow of the day - Iridescent

Given up - Blackout (The most hard songs in their albums)

Bleed it out - Waiting for the end ( these songs are similar in nature)

- I do not think that the 5th album it's will be the 2nd part ATS ( in this case 3rd part MTM ;) )

Likely 5th album it's will be not the conceptual album, and just collection of songs. Maybe it's will be the album on subject "Life after the end of the world" and on the album will be heavy songs, or something else.

Nah. Next album in late 1013 is my guess. LP takes fucking ages to do a CD. 3 years is a general rule for them.

So what you mean is that it has been out for almost a century?? Before any of us was even born? :P Edited by SFNL14

the interview with chester in kerrang is good talking about how they have grew up and mike was

the main drive to change there sound and did most of the wrighting for ATS. chester also talkes about how he prays every day and that keeps him strong(never new he was a religues man)

I wish he would be more direct with his opinion...not even sure what he means by the idea that it will polarize people.

Geez, if they are already talking about a new album, it must mean it's going to come out within the next 10 years!

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

My Guess is 2012, not 2013. We'll see ;)

I'm holding onto my "Late 2011" hopes. Last year, the first hints at ATS were in June, and the album came out 3 months later in September. I think there might be a November/December release possible. If not then, May 2012 or October 2012.

It can't be in September though, especially not the day Julien-K's album releases. Otherwise, I may die from awesomeness. :P

I'm holding onto my "Late 2011" hopes. Last year, the first hints at ATS were in June, and the album came out 3 months later in September. I think there might be a November/December release possible. If not then, May 2012 or October 2012.

It can't be in September though, especially not the day Julien-K's album releases. Otherwise, I may die from awesomeness. :P

Not really. The first time LP members mentioned new music after MTM was in 2008. This interview by Chester does not really count as promo.