Linkin Park's Next Album Will "Polarize" People

colinreid

Lol, ATS was nothing like Minutes to Midnight. It was a lot more electronic and had a much different vibe. MTM wishes it was ATS. I love MTM but ATS was just its own beast, it even blew me away. That said, I'm not hoping for this album to be ATS Part 2 either. I'm really enjoying how their recent albums are different from each other, so hopefully this one follows in the same vein of being completely different.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2013 I mean. No way 2012 :P I've been through this shit with the past two albums and I know they can't turn around and make a new CD that quickly. Remember when we got pics of Mike in a studio in Prague in 2008 and we were like OMG NEW LP ALBUM IN 2008? Then it was 2009, even Mike in the Lockjaw video says 2009. Then it was September 2010 and that was only because the label FORCED them to have it out then (no joke, watch the DVD).

MTM was 2005, 2006, then 2007. This will be 2011, 2012 and come out in 2013, promise.

LP are perfectionists and they've said it themselves so an album at the end of this year is highly unlikely.

Agree with Hahninator, think the album will probably be released in 2013.

You know now I don't really care about "polarize" because I will follow the band in any way they would go, other people who don't understand LP's style even since MTM album its their problem B)

That's right, i don't understand all complains about the last 2 albums, if ppl just liked that kind of music then they should search a band which does play sth like that. I always loved LP for their Lyrics cuz i always could interpretate my emotions and happenings into them. Of course i love the songs instrumental wise, too.

It's good that they changed their sound, it would be boring if they would still sound like on HT or Meteora.

I'll always follow and love that band!!!

And even if they want to change the main topic of their lyrics now, i know they won't dissapoint me.

This will not happen, I assure you.

Now I will explain why.

I always consider album Meteora as the 2nd part of the album Hybrid Theory. Not one so I thought. and then was release the album MTM. and on the eve of release of the 4th studio album, I thought it's will be something special, something unreal. But in the end we got 2nd part MTM. Yeah I consider the album ATS it's the 2nd part of the album MTM. I think many people will agree with me. because sounding on these two albums (MTM & ATS) are very similar. for example songs like :

Shadow of the day - Iridescent

Given up - Blackout (The most hard songs in their albums)

Bleed it out - Waiting for the end ( these songs are similar in nature)

- I do not think that the 5th album it's will be the 2nd part ATS ( in this case 3rd part MTM ;) )

Likely 5th album it's will be not the conceptual album, and just collection of songs. Maybe it's will be the album on subject "Life after the end of the world" and on the album will be heavy songs, or something else.

What? :blink: They sound the same? I say okay to SOTD and Iridescent, they kinda sound the same but Blackout and Given up? They are totaly different to me, also Given up lives from guitars, while Blackout has not any guitar in it.

And BIO and WFTE are totaly different, too.

I'm holding onto my "Late 2011" hopes. Last year, the first hints at ATS were in June, and the album came out 3 months later in September. I think there might be a November/December release possible. If not then, May 2012 or October 2012.

It can't be in September though, especially not the day Julien-K's album releases. Otherwise, I may die from awesomeness. :P

i think that this will not happen :(..but it's possible that we will get the new album at the end of 2012 or like the last one in the middle of the year... (2013) this confirms the 3 years rule :D Edited by d3fr3ak

Nah. Next album in late 1013 is my guess. LP takes fucking ages to do a CD. 3 years is a general rule for them.

That would be beast! :)

My Guess is 2012, not 2013. We'll see ;)

Agreed.

2013 I mean. No way 2012 :P I've been through this shit with the past two albums and I know they can't turn around and make a new CD that quickly. Remember when we got pics of Mike in a studio in Prague in 2008 and we were like OMG NEW LP ALBUM IN 2008? Then it was 2009, even Mike in the Lockjaw video says 2009. Then it was September 2010 and that was only because the label FORCED them to have it out then (no joke, watch the DVD).

MTM was 2005, 2006, then 2007. This will be 2011, 2012 and come out in 2013, promise.

You never know. Linkin Park could already have a "stride" going. With A Thousand Suns the band did face a lot of halts but with this one maybe they might already know where they are going, what they want to do and could be way ahead in terms of writing then when they were writing A Thousand Suns.

LP are perfectionists and they've said it themselves so an album at the end of this year is highly unlikely.

Not the end of this year, but maybe the end of next year.

This is one big mystery what we hear on the new album LP.

In my opinion, one can be sure: it will not be second ATS.

And as to the date of issue is predicting for 2012, not a 2013. From what Mike said, it does not plan any projects related to FM, Chester for the time being unless it gave it a rest with his Dead By Sunrise.

and now so with a wink:

Warner could not agree on the texts of new songs, because they are "too dark": D

QUOTE (Jozzie @ Jun 17 2011, 01:11 PM) Posted ImageLP are perfectionists and they've said it themselves so an album at the end of this year is highly unlikely.

Not the end of this year, but maybe the end of next year.

I think you've misread my comment.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK! xP

I Think this year 2011 were going too have 2more singles which will be "When They Come For Me" & "Blackout" With of course awesome music videos! It cant be W&K because i hear it all the time on the radio, even a few remixes.

2012: I think we should get a Live DVD & Maybe a Brand New Song, Plus LPUX11. So thats good enough for me. I made a bet that they will put out a Live EP & they did with the Itunes EP & then ATS+. Also this is the year to not only work on the new album but think of new ideas to promote it & hype it up with new puzzles & clues.

2013: by Q1 & Q2 we will start too see all the promotions & changes due too the new 5th album, plus i think SpringBreak'13 will be the Release Date off the 1st Single of the 5th Album along with a music video, then by Summer'13 we should get the new album! Then IF theres another TF movie then it will tie into the 2nd single off the new album

Touring wise Now until 2013 Q1: After this summer they should come back too the states for a FULL US Tour with more dates then last time From Fall'11-Winter'12. Then in 2012 Only have a Summer Tour with all the festivals etc. Then i think from Fall'12-Jan'13 just do a few special shows like at Yankee Stadium/Central Park/Cowboys Stadium/LA overall/New Years Eve/etc. After all that they can just focus on the New Album until its Released.

Edited by PictureEmo360BoredXD

THIS IS WHAT I THINK! xP

I Think this year 2011 were going too have 2more singles which will be "When They Come For Me" & "Blackout" With of course awesome music videos! It cant be W&K because i hear it all the time on the radio, even a few remixes.

2012: I think we should get a Live DVD & Maybe a Brand New Song, Plus LPUX11. So thats good enough for me. I made a bet that they will put out a Live EP & they did with the Itunes EP & then ATS+. Also this is the year to not only work on the new album but think of new ideas to promote it & hype it up with new puzzles & clues.

2013: by Q1 & Q2 we will start too see all the promotions & changes due too the new 5th album, plus i think SpringBreak'13 will be the Release Date off the 1st Single of the 5th Album along with a music video, then by Summer'13 we should get the new album! Then IF theres another TF movie then it will tie into the 2nd single off the new album

Touring wise Now until 2013 Q1: After this summer they should come back too the states for a FULL US Tour with more dates then last time From Fall'11-Winter'12. Then in 2012 Only have a Summer Tour with all the festivals etc. Then i think from Fall'12-Jan'13 just do a few special shows like at Yankee Stadium/Central Park/Cowboys Stadium/LA overall/New Years Eve/etc. After all that they can just focus on the New Album until its Released.

Wow you got it all planned out!

I wonder if LP will write lyrics about the whole world going to be talking about 'the end of the world'. Everyone says 2012 will be the end, in December of 2012. I think it's bullshit, but this will be around the time the new album will come out most likely...

mix of hybrid and meteora typo will be good ;)

How can there be a mix of Hybrid Theory and Meteora? They both sound exactly the same, Meteora mind as well be Hybrid Theory part 2. Hahaha.