'Burning In The Skies' To Be The Next Single

DecanoLP

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really doubt this album get's 5 singles. It's almost gold in the US, and has sold a little more then a million worldwide, it's not really an album that should be heavily promoted at this point. I think LP is going to go back to recording end of 2011. Most likely a single early 2011, and the last single spring 2011. Tour during the summer time then ATS era is done.

If I have to pick a last single on this album it would be Wretches and Kings though, it's good for radio.

Edited by thesungoesdown

I love the song so i am deffinately happy to see that for a single!

Me too, i think is one of the best Linkin Park song too.

Look forward for the Video...

WFTE charted at #2 on the Alternative Songs chart and #3 on the Rock Songs chart. Sure, it only hit #82 on the Hot 100, but the Hot 100 is almost entirely monopolized by mainstream pop artists these days. ANYTHING Linkin Park releases as a single isn't exactly going to light the world on fire these days. As long as they're still charting well on the charts that actually pertain to their style of music, I'd say their singles are doing just fine.

Agree...

btw, Wretches And Kings will be a Single for sure...

But i have a doubt, i found a couple of Blackout's Promo CD's on eBay maybe that is a signal that maybe have some chances to be one of the next Singles...

i am honestly shocked the WFTE didn't set the charts on fire in australia - it's exactly the kind of thing the pop market would eat up these days but for some reason it just didn't catch on? bit devastated about that - thought it would have been the track that would give the album a major sales boost.

it's for that reason i'm now expecting burning in the skies might actually do it - definitely a radio single and it seems to have had a bit of success in australia without being officially released yet so who knows.

like the song, and was impressed with it live.

but yeh, could definitely hear W&K/iridescent being future singles. (blackout would be awesome-o as well :P)

So, I'm curious what the Video will be like. As someone already said, I hope It will contain more basics and less Computer Generated Images. Although Waiting for the End was kick ass. But it fits to the music, I think it wouldn't fit to BITS

Yes i hope so too. I like a classic video like "Numb" "OSC" "Faint" "In the End" etc. Sure i know it doesnt fit with BITS at all. The last videos from LP are "WFTE" "The Catalyst" "New Divide". These videos has a lot of effekts (sometimes to much) and i hope so they do for BITS a classic one :-D

Sry for my bad English but I think you unterstand it :-D

BITS is my favorite song off the record so I'm pretty excited for this. I hope the music video is awesome, I want something 'end of the world' kind of style for it though, I doubt we will get that since they already kind of did that with TC.

It would be fine with me if they would pick Iridescent as fourth and last single (though it's again not a energetic one) and moved on with a new album. Not that I dislike A Thousand Suns, but four is pretty decent. Maybe a Transformers single afterwards and then the new album.

Edited by ThePretender

BITS is one of my favourite songs on the album so its a good choice. For some reason one of the radio stations here in Australia are already playing it when it hasn't even been confirmed as a single yet.

Anyway, IMO LP has always been a album band, where their album sells well and if their single was to do the same thing it would be a bonus. (Does that even make sense?) <_<

Not bad. But it would be a pity if they don't choose "Wretches and Kings" & "When They Come for Me" as singles. The thing happened to "No More Sorrow" one of the few good songs from M2M that should be released as single. I think "Iridescent" is not a very great song at all and it's boring to me. W&K and WTCFM must be the next singles.
I believe WTCFM can be a hit single on the radio and TV. A bit like In the End & Numb.

Harder Songs like "No More Sorrow" have never been a chance in the Charts. Given up was in the Charts here in Germany of 53 and in the USA of 99. "Buring in the Skies" is a good Single, I like the Gituar Solo. Songs like When they come for me is not Mainstream enough for a Single, it is a cool song, but not a good choice for a single.

It would be fine with me if they would pick Iridescent as fourth and last single (though it's again not a energetic one) and moved on with a new album. Not that I dislike A Thousand Suns, but four is pretty decent. Maybe a Transformers single afterwards and then the new album.

lol a transformer single?! not again!

P.S I like New Divide so don't hate...

I'd be surprised if "Wretches & Kings" or even "When They Come For Me" didn't make the cut as singles, considering they have the nu-metal rap 'n' rock vibe, albeit in a different way.

For all the talk of "Iridescent" being a single, the first half is a snorefest and I don't see it holding the attention of the ADD generation of pop listeners.

I thought it was all but confirmed that Iridescent would be the third single. Guess not. Iridescent is definitely going to be a single though. It's just a question of when.

BITS is still a good choice (given the other selections they could have gone with) and I think it's one of the top 4 songs on the album.

As much as I love BITS though, the only bad thing about this selection is exactly what the original poster said. A lot of fans already expected this. It was just an utterly predictable selection. And I think part of the reason for this is that they've already had two singles before that sound similar to BITS (WID and ND). Both of those songs have a similar feeling and structure. Imo, you could basically sum up BITS as WID or ND with less energy and more involvement from Mike. I'm not saying though that I think BITS is WID part 2 or ND part 2. It has some other differences but the bottom line is that there are some key similarities.

With all this being said, I don't think anyone can blame them for choosing BITS. It was either going to be BITS or Iridescent. They really didn't have many other options. I just don't think ATS has many single sounding songs. I think Iridescent will come after BITS and that might be it.

1. The Catalyst

2. Waiting for the End

3. Burning In the Skies

4. Wretches & Kings

........ then I think that's it. LP isn't doing great with this album. I think they'll have an album out in 2012, and they'll have reverted slightly back to their old sound. LOATR SUCKED on the charts, so they're not going to end up releasing Iridescent as the 5th single.....

i thought empty spaces would be the next single they will release...oh well

Yeah,BITS has a lot of meaning of it.It is a very,very good song with lots and lots of depth in it. Honestly, I dont care if that song will do well on the charts, as long as it will move people,then that's more worthy than any other awards... :lol: