'Burning In The Skies' To Be The Next Single

DecanoLP

As Mike revealed in the LPU Video Chat yesterday, the next single off "A Thousand Suns" will be "Burning In The Skies" which a lot of fans already expected to happen.

Admittedly, we don't have an official statement by the management yet, not to mention any information concerning a release date or a music video shoot.

Is this the right choice or did you expect something completely different? Let us know your thoughts and discuss it right here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing to Discuss xD Well in my opinion BITS is a great choice to be a single. Well It sounds a bit like What I've Done or New Divide but it is unqiue because Mike sings on it and the change of the rythm. In my opinion they should have added an accoustic guitar but it's still awesome.

I fell in Love with this song the first time I heard it, at the prelistening Event. I imagined being on the train an as the landscape rush past me I'm listening to this song.

So, I'm curious what the Video will be like. As someone already said, I hope It will contain more basics and less Computer Generated Images. Although Waiting for the End was kick ass. But it fits to the music, I think it wouldn't fit to BITS

Edited by Jacrid

awesome song but i won't expect it to do well. Look at WFTE O_o

WFTE charted at #2 on the Alternative Songs chart and #3 on the Rock Songs chart. Sure, it only hit #82 on the Hot 100, but the Hot 100 is almost entirely monopolized by mainstream pop artists these days. ANYTHING Linkin Park releases as a single isn't exactly going to light the world on fire these days. As long as they're still charting well on the charts that actually pertain to their style of music, I'd say their singles are doing just fine.

It was on my list of which songs i expected to be the next single...I think it's a good choice, they could use a slower paced song and video...was hoping for When they Come for Me kuz its one of my favorites but hopefully it'll be next =) very curious to see the video for Burning in the Skies..very excited =D

WFTE charted at #2 on the Alternative Songs chart and #3 on the Rock Songs chart. Sure, it only hit #82 on the Hot 100, but the Hot 100 is almost entirely monopolized by mainstream pop artists these days. ANYTHING Linkin Park releases as a single isn't exactly going to light the world on fire these days. As long as they're still charting well on the charts that actually pertain to their style of music, I'd say their singles are doing just fine.

Just hope it will at least hit #1 in the alternative or rock songs charts ._.

Possibly my favorite song on ATS, but not sure about it as a single. I feel like this one walks the line between pop and rock, but not as well as "Numb" or BTH, and might get lost in the shuffle between the two genres on the radio. I'd be surprised if "Wretches & Kings" or even "Blackout" don't do better as (potential) singles down the line, since they are more rock-y.

Bottom line, if being a "single" gets BITS a permanent spot on the setlists, this is awesome :)

When I heard this song the first time I really wanted to see the video clip for this song. But later when I listened to songs such as Waiting for the end, Wretches and kings, When they come for me, Iridescent; I realized that very few chances to become a single song Burning in the skies.

But today, at one moment, I go to this site and see the news: 'Burning In The Skies' To Be The Next Single:huh::lol:

I am very glad that this song would be single. :lol:

Today is just a wonderful day. :D

If you look at it, the singles from this record are kind of following the same trend as the ones from MTM.

The Catalyst / What I've Done

Waiting For The End / Bleed It Out

Burning In The Skies / Shadow Of The Day

Wretches And Kings / Given Up

Iridescent / Leave Out All The Rest

When I heard this song the first time I really wanted to see the video clip for this song. But later when I listened to songs such as Waiting for the end, Wretches and kings, When they come for me, Iridescent; I realized that very few chances to become a single song Burning in the skies.

But today, at one moment, I go to this site and see the news: 'Burning In The Skies' To Be The Next Single. :huh: ; :lol:

I am very glad that this song would be single. :lol:

Today is just a wonderful day. :D

even though you owe everyone $100 I have to agree that Burning in the Skies is an excellent choice as a single. Just listening to the lyrics and the song title alone really is what defines Linkin Park at this moment, especially where they are coming from now, with all of this end of the world music and from california. We look at the sunset and we might see a burning in the sky but there is much more to it in our minds and thoughts and that's what really makes LP Linkin Park!! It's a really amazing and catching song, it should definately attract at least a few more new folks to the LP shows.

If you look at it, the singles from this record are kind of following the same trend as the ones from MTM.

Or

Blackout/ Given Up

you have a point their. if WaK and Iridescent do become the singles, then you got a major point.