25.10.2010 - Paris, France

hahninator

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God I might actually see this song live :o ! I really hope they don't play it just the once it's the one song I need to see live to die happy haha it seriously just made this the setlist f*cking superb and maybe do the rotating non-singles in its place but as long as I see it at manchester or birmingham I really don't mind or do it at both and that would potentially push me to insanity haha :lol:

it's absolutely hilarious reading some of the reactions on here... one song and all of a sudden a 'mediocre' setlist (by some standards) just shot up to the 'best setlist everzzzz!'

i would lmao if that was the one and only time it gets played!

(please don't take that the wrong way... i'd love to be there when they play the track! however, i honestly don't see how it could make that much of a difference to the remainder of the setlist! ;) ) but massive respect to the guys for taking the total full-length tracks played up to 20!!!

Edited by Narc85

it's absolutely hilarious reading some of the reactions on here... one song and all of a sudden a 'mediocre' setlist (by some standards) just shot up to the 'best setlist everzzzz!'

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Woohoo, they brought back A Place for My Head...again...and people do a total 180 on their opinion of the setlist. A Place for My Head is not the end-all, be-all of Linkin Park's live repertoire (it's one of their better live songs, but you'd think it puts the entire rest of their catalog to shame by the way some people worship it), and the perceived quality of their performance should not revolve solely around whether or not one measly song gets played.

Nicely said Astat. However, with how critical most people are on this site (me included I guess lol), it doesn't surprise me. You add something rare in there and the set becomes badass. Set X in Europe wasn't taken to the cleaners like you'd think (people got fed up with Set C, very similar to X, during late 2007) it would have been and you know why? Reading My Eyes.

http://lplive.net/shows/20071011.php

http://lplive.net/shows/20080610.php

Just look how similar they are. With Y and Z having A Place For My Head, Valentine's Day and Pushing Me Away, you'd think people like LPL fans would crucify X but no, it had Reading My Eyes. I actually noticed that around the time of the MK show, that was the first time I saw people getting pissed about it. And why? They dropped Reading My Eyes.

So yeah one song really matters to people here. I totally agree with you but I just thought I'd throw out an example of one song really improving peoples' opinions of a setlist (like we are seeing with the 2010 one).

Nicely said Astat. However, with how critical most people are on this site (me included I guess lol), it doesn't surprise me. You add something rare in there and the set becomes badass. Set X in Europe wasn't taken to the cleaners like you'd think (people got fed up with Set C, very similar to X, during late 2007) it would have been and you know why? Reading My Eyes.

http://lplive.net/shows/20071011.php

http://lplive.net/shows/20080610.php

Just look how similar they are. With Y and Z having A Place For My Head, Valentine's Day and Pushing Me Away, you'd think people like LPL fans would crucify X but no, it had Reading My Eyes. I actually noticed that around the time of the MK show, that was the first time I saw people getting pissed about it. And why? They dropped Reading My Eyes.

So yeah one song really matters to people here. I totally agree with you but I just thought I'd throw out an example of one song really improving peoples' opinions of a setlist (like we are seeing with the 2010 one).

Good point there. I may have even had something similar to say about Set X/Set C around that time, I don't remember, lol. But I think that was a bit of a different situation for a couple reasons, one being that Set X wasn't quite as heavy on new album material as the current set is, and Reading My Eyes actually replaced another song that a lot of people wanted to see dropped at the time (Don't Stay). As similar as X and C were, there was some tweaking that went on there (taking TLTGYA out of the encore, replacing Don't Stay with RME, changing up some of the intros/outros). Adding APFMH to the current set isn't really "changing" anything, it's just a bonus on top of what's already there. It's a nice treat on its own, but it doesn't really change anything else about the set.