25.10.2010 - Paris, France

hahninator

Hello!!!

I was yesterday in Paris Bercy for THE concert of year :D and unfortunately the only one in France :( . It was a definitely kick ass show especially with the unscheduled A Place for my Head song. OMG. They drove us crazy. It was an awesome and unbelievable evening also because I had been selected for the pre-show M&G with LP. An exceptional and one in a lifetime experience...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think they planned to do this till that day. but it wasnt a spur of the moment thing on stage. they gave brad and phoenix the standar eb guitars for the song so it was in the set. very nice surprise for the 10th anniversary. well done. shut everyone up also so they do listen to fans.

i dont think they planned to do this till that day. but it wasnt a spur of the moment thing on stage. they gave brad and phoenix the standar eb guitars for the song so it was in the set. very nice surprise for the 10th anniversary. well done. shut everyone up also so they do listen to fans.

on 0:12 you can hear them "soundchecking" the bass guitar. as i heard it first i thought they really will do the extended intro, but then mike continued and then it started^^

Edited by sckofelng

A pretty good quality video of

That...was...fucking...awesome!!!!

Chester tore that shit up big time!

With a little bit of luck the crowds reaction to APFMH may force it to be played again...maybe!

Do you guys think that band has been reading this forums with regards to the little interaction they've been doing with the fans at the recent shows and the resulting complaints?

This might explain the turnaround in crowd interaction at the France show or it could just be coincidence!

That...was...fucking...awesome!!!!

Chester tore that shit up big time!

With a little bit of luck the crowds reaction to APFMH may force it to be played again...maybe!

Do you guys think that band has been reading this forums with regards to the little interaction they've been doing with the fans at the recent shows and the resulting complaints?

This might explain the turnaround in crowd interaction at the France show or it could just be coincidence!

All the audience recordings on youtube from the other shows begs to differ. They HAVE been interacting with their fans. And it was no different from this show. People sure like to exaggerate. And i honestly doubt that LP's decision to play APFMH or any other was spurred by the bitching here.

All the audience recordings on youtube from the other shows begs to differ. They HAVE been interacting with their fans. And it was no different from this show. People sure like to exaggerate. And i honestly doubt that LP's decision to play APFMH or any other was spurred by the bitching here.

No, that is incorrect. By interaction, he means talking to the crowd. And LP rarely did that at all between NYC and Linz. Paris, they talked. That's what he means, not interaction as in hands up, clapping, etc. APFMH was very likely not caused by the complaining here, it was rather caused likely by the HT 10 year.

Complaining about APFMH in the past has worked with the constant nagging about it at M&Gs during 2007 and the huge petition in Perth they had for it that they gave to the band...you could argue that that made them add it in 2008 but who REALLY knows other than the band. I am excited, however, for the setlist poll Mike was talking about.

No, that is incorrect. By interaction, he means talking to the crowd. And LP rarely did that at all between NYC and Linz. Paris, they talked. That's what he means, not interaction as in hands up, clapping, etc. APFMH was very likely not caused by the complaining here, it was rather caused likely by the HT 10 year.

Complaining about APFMH in the past has worked with the constant nagging about it at M&Gs during 2007 and the huge petition in Perth they had for it that they gave to the band...you could argue that that made them add it in 2008 but who REALLY knows other than the band. I am excited, however, for the setlist poll Mike was talking about.

No. You're the one who is incorrect. Chester talked to the crowd and even introduced a song of the new album to the audience and it wasn't at Paris. He even thanked the crowd for getting the album gold in their country. I don't remember which. Once i find the link, i will post. You guys are exaggerating to the max or choose to ignore the obvious. The only thing remotely new from this show is APFMH.

Edited by arbiter

No. You're the one who is incorrect. Chester talked to the crowd and even introduced a song of the new album to the audience and it wasn't at Paris. He even thanked the crowd for getting the album gold in their country. I don't remember which. Once i find the link, i will post.

I know what you mean it ws in Linz - I'll post the full shows in a week

Freaking awesome,

I was at the show yesterday. let me just say it doesn't get any better than this. We are absolutely blessed to have the greatest live singer on the planet perform for us and give his all. He sounds absolutely awesome and better than in 08-09. I was at the front row of seating places with the stage in front of me and could absolutely go wild eventhough 2 persons sitting to the right of me didn't stand up once (how can you freaking do that). I really love this setlist (even without APFMH) they start out with a bang causing me to lose my voice after 5 songs and than you can sort of recover to give all you've got on NMS (the most awesome intro). than about 15 minutes recovery time to go nuts again. A slight rest with SOTD (which chester absolutely nailed Iridescent as well) to go to the big finale. And Yeah APFMH made me and the crowd explode Mike was suddenly somewhere halfway into the crowd and the place was rocking. The encore: the catalyst I thought chester would always have a difficult time with it but he absolutely nailed it again. What I've Done brought forth the loudest singing along I have ever heard the whole place went nuts.

As a sidenote my mom went with me and she came away very impressed. Called it the best she has been to (she has seen U2, Rolling Stones, Robbie Williams, ...). She did however say I can never purchase sitting places again as she fears I will fall over the railing the way I'm going at it :D

Edited by LPHeinrich

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Looking back on this today, it seems the band (well at least Mike, Chester and Brad) enjoyed playing this song way more than most of the setlist at this time during the ATS tour. It was a really unique setlist but the flow to me was kind of weird. Anyway this APFMH performance....wow. Band is really rocking and Mike and Chester seem really into it. Plus the crowd is going fucking nuts.

• 1 month later...

Looking back on this today, it seems the band (well at least Mike, Chester and Brad) enjoyed playing this song way more than most of the setlist at this time during the ATS tour. It was a really unique setlist but the flow to me was kind of weird. Anyway this APFMH performance....wow. Band is really rocking and Mike and Chester seem really into it. Plus the crowd is going fucking nuts.

Yeah, it makes me glad that they brought it back. You can tell that Mike and Chester really love this song, and have a blast performing it. It is by far one of the best non-single fan favorites.