25.10.2010 - Paris, France

hahninator

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Woohoo, they brought back A Place for My Head...again...and people do a total 180 on their opinion of the setlist. A Place for My Head is not the end-all, be-all of Linkin Park's live repertoire (it's one of their better live songs, but you'd think it puts the entire rest of their catalog to shame by the way some people worship it), and the perceived quality of their performance should not revolve solely around whether or not one measly song gets played.

THIS! Seriously, people. <_<

Just wait and see. The moment LP adds it permanently to the setlist, people will start bitching about replacing it with With You or some other mediocre Metoera song.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day I ever bitch about APFMH being played, I will give someone LPLive, the entire website, personally.

I want to hear that song live so badly. I don't care if they play it in every show the rest of the existence of the band. I LOVE it. I'd give anything to see it performed.

THIS! Seriously, people. <_<

Just wait and see. The moment LP adds it permanently to the setlist, people will start bitching about replacing it with With You or some other mediocre Metoera song.

They did. Back in 08. Dont recall anyone saying to replace it.

They did. Back in 08. Dont recall anyone saying to replace it.

I Got it. In reality, the only difference between this current set list to the one in 2008 is the addition of A Place For My Head and the absence of Point of Authority in relation to Hybrid Theory and possible the piano version of PMA(which most people were bitching against anyways so it doesn't count.) So when you think about it, nothing much really has changed, yet people are orgasming over the addition even though POA is absent.

Going by people's reaction on here, all LP really has to do is stop playing a particular song or songs from HT for say a whole year, and then bring it back and people will be shitting their pants and screaming "best set list ever!" even if the song that was removed and returned was a single. Genius LP! Genius!. I bet they had that idea up their sleeves the whole time.

Edited by arbiter

I Got it. In reality, the only difference between this current set list to the one in 2008 is the addition of A Place For My Head and the absence of Point of Authority in relation to Hybrid Theory and possible the piano version of PMA(which most people were bitching against anyways so it doesn't count.) So when you think about it, nothing much really has changed, yet people are orgasming over the addition even though POA is absent.

yeah its not like they added new divide and the other ATS songs...

yeah its not like they added new divide and the other ATS songs...

Hence the "in relation to Hybrid Theory" specification in my post genius. And we all know all the bitching and today's hurray is over HT songs and not really about how much new songs were new and added. People don't seem to really care that the set list is new and a heck of a lot more different than previous set list. All they seem to care about is "is Lp going to play more HT?"

Edited by arbiter

Hence the "in relation to Hybrid Theory" specification in my post genius. And we all know all the bitching and today's hurray is over HT songs and not really about how much new songs were added. People don't seem to really care that the set list is new and a heck of a lot more different than previous set list. All they seem to care about is "is Lp going to play more HT?"

For once i stop complaining and just hope i'll get APFMH at the Frankfurt show :D I love that, i am fucking surprised at the moment.

Also, a bit of insight into whether or not APFMH was planned: That song is in Eb guitar/bass tuning, which is a tuning the band's only used on a few songs over the years (APFMH, Somewhere I Belong, Easier to Run, Forgotten, and some pre-HT stuff like Part of Me, Step Up, Carousel, and Fuse). As a lot of you are probably aware, they use a bunch of different guitars over the course of a show so they never have to change tunings between songs. Normally that wouldn't cause an issue with APFMH, as Somewhere I Belong was always in the setlist up until this tour. Now that SIB has been dropped though, Brad most likely doesn't have a guitar tuned to Eb in his touring rig.

So basically, if it was planned, they probably would have had the guitar/bass techs re-tune one of Brad and Phoenix's backup instruments to Eb prior to the show, just so they could play that song. If it wasn't planned, they either would've had to re-tune between songs (unlikely, considering the song's positioning between two drop-tuned songs, Crawling and One Step Closer), or they would've had to figure out how to play the song drop-tuned on the spot, which is possible, but also somewhat unlikely if you ask me.

I don't have a definitive answer, but I'd say it was probably planned.

I'm going to kill a thousand sons if I don't get to catch them on tour next year. This stage design is great and I really love to hear the new album in a live atmosphere. >:D

Edited by rav0k

The only video so far :

this is why i want more older songs to be played. pure energy, i love it ! i am happy enough with APFMH <3

thanks for posting

so it's been played full

and another info from antinea:

the show lasted 105min which marks the longest show to date x)

Edited by sckofelng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OpkjZInsw

Look Chester in the beginning :)

And i think its the first time that Chester sang the ending part of the chrous of BITS on the bridge.

Yeah, thanks at least for Bleed It Out video.

It seems to me that Chester every year spends more and more time to thanking the fans after the show. Which is of course well, it is amazing to watch, whether on video or in concert.

Burning In The Skies bridge in Bleed It Out was classified according to me the most interesting and most beautiful moments LP shows.

Several small, but professional photos appeared on the LPA:

http://www.lpamerican.com/galeria/thumbnails.php?album=461