Win A Signed Copy Of “Out Of Ashes”!

LPxDC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! It's been one year since OOA's release, how time flies. Several years ago, when that incredible voice of Breaking The Habit haunted me day and night, I'd never thought I would be so close to that voice today.

I think it's "Into You" that most impressed me. You say just look how far you've come / Despite all the things you've done / You'll always be the one to catch me when I fall. Honestly, I was a little surprised that Chester would put such a positive emotion to his song. After all these years' screaming about hate, hurt, desperation and all those things, this little piece of gratefulness just made me believed that he really managed to go through all the shit happened to him. And I'm really happy for him that there was someone besides his side all along to watch his fall, his laughs and his tears and tell him to carry on. I once used this line - You'll always be the one to catch me when I fall, as my signature for a rather long time, till many people started to ask me what the meaning was behind it. Well, I stuttered and could not say a thing, then I deleted that one, cause I knew I'd not had someone like that to thank for, and I would never have one. You're lucky to be grateful.

Somebody is just not very skilled to express his true inside feelings, once they were put out as in this song, I bet it was from the deepest of his heart.

--walking in circles--

I remember when I listened to the live, low quality record of this song, back in 2008. At that point i felt like i was really walking in circles. My life was really messed up and i though that this song consisted of my problems, wrapped in beautiful verses sang by my idol.

A year ago the album came out.

Walking in circles was just a single flower in that beautiful bouquet of songs, but it was the most special one. I felt like this song poured into my soul with its combination of acoustic verses and heart-piercing solo. There are nice songs like Fire, Too Late and In the darkness, but if those songs are excellent, Walking in circles is like the hymn of my soul.

enough bullshit? nao gimme teh cd .. -.- xDD

I can relate to most of the album, but right now I'd say 'Into You'.

It's a description of the situation I'm going through right now, not only with a girl, but also with my friends, who I've been having problems with recently. Waiting for that person to come, waiting to go back to a place where I'm not alone... waiting to fix everything. The lyrics of the song are the way I feel and feel very magical, specially the line "I'm a man whose tragedies have been replaced with memories tatooed upon my soul"

The Dead By Sunrise song I relate to most is Crawl Back In...because I first heard it when I was going through a really rough time, and the lines "I see a piece of everyone I know buried underneath my skin, I don't wanna be like them, I wanna crawl back in," really hit home. And in some way, the song made me feel better, and it inspired me to get things back on track.

The song I relate most to is "Let Down". I have listened to it all since it was first played accoustic on TV, and that was about the same time me and my first love broke up. And she gave me problems getting committed into a new relationship again.

It's about the song Inside Of Me. For one simple reason. Although not a single melody, which would be easily remembered, but it's so vivid that pulls the listener. It is very energetic, which is mainly credit fast drums.

Originally I wanted to write about Crawl Back In, because CBI most closely resembles the creation of Linkin Park, but I have a deep-seated aversion to singles.

Inside of me, reminds me when I was going through a rough time and pushed everyone away.

I'll never get back the things I lost along the way - the people i pushed away

What the hell is wrong with me?

This isn't who I'm suppose to be - this is not the 'me' they know

"Too late" is the song that related to me most. It somehow reminds me of my ex, and I see myself in the song. Well, yes, I haven't met her since we separated, I know I still love her, also know that it's too late for us to come back. Sad.

When Out Of Ashes came out, the song that spoke the most to me was Inside Of Me. I had that mixed feeling of relief that I wasn't the only one who felt that way, and being creeped out because it felt like someone had looked inside my head when writing the song.

In my early teens, my best friend and I fell apart suddenly and quite violently, which fucked up my head. I got a depression and obsessive compulsive disorder. My disorder was always mostly obsessive, meaning I had all these thoughts that I could not let go off. I had these really dark, ugly thoughts and I thought I was going bad. I thought I was losing it. I tried really hard not to think, because it would always end up being ugly thoughts. Kind of like when you tell yourself not to think of a zebra, and then zebras keep popping up in your mind no matter what you try to think about. My head felt like a mess, and I couldn't really explain exactly how. When I heard the lyrics to Inside Of Me, especially the lines "My head is like a loaded gun, every thought is trapped inside this web I've spun", I was like 'That's it! That's just what it feels like!". The song was a great support for me, because despite my family and friends being really supportive, I did feel all alone. That's the damn thing with mental problems. Because it's going on inside your head, it really does feel like it's your own battle. No matter how great the people around you are, you feel on your own. I felt a little less alone when listening to Inside Of Me, and I could play it to people and say "That's how it feels". Today I'm better, but the song still means a lot to me. Thank you for writing down exactly how I felt, Chester (:

I think the song I can relate to the most is "Fire". Everytime I listen to this song I have to think about my grandfather who died in April 2009. We all, especially my grandmother of course, miss him but we know he's gone and isn't able to come back.

When I look to the stars / I know just where you are / You're looking down upon me...

This song gives me hopes he might be up there and watching his family. Hopefully he is proud of us what we're doing right now...

Edited by DecanoLP

The song i can relate the most to is probably "Walking In Circles" because there was a time in my life where i felt really really bad and the song kinda describes my feelings at this point and it kinda helped me out a lot at this time. Also i love it because the lyrics seem so deep and profound and are actually true in some ways.

Mature Content Ahead. Readers Discretion Is Advised, por favor.

I wasn't happy whatsoever with the Out Of Ashes album, however, I did relate to one song very well. It actually was a splitting image of my life. If I was to make a song to match my life and put it on an album, it would be this shitty ass song on this shitty ass album. Crawl Back In is my life in song form. And might I say, my life isn't all that interesting. Or is it?

Back about 47 years ago, I was raised by a very abusive family. They would beat me, burn me, starve me, and mentally abuse me. It was brutal. It sucked waking up every morning, knowing I'm about to get a whipping with a leather belt because I wouldn't eat my shitty expired Raisin Bran. I cried myself to sleep every night, hoping for my escape. My escape from this world. I thought of suicide. No. I was too scared to swallow bleach. I thought of running away. No, I was too scared of playing frogger in city streets. I didn't know what to do. So there I lay, every night, depressed, abused, alone.... flooding my soul with never ending tears. I woke up one morning with a purring sound on near my window. As I poke my head out a window, I see the most gorgeous sight I have seen in my life. It was a little Kitten! This little grey kitten looked up at me, and stared at me. Not budging an inch, just gazing at my eyes. As I gazed back at this poor kitten, I knew we had a connection. His eyes gave me life. The best day of my life and the worst day of my life was seeing this kitten. I knew I had a friend in this kitten, however, I was saddened to see his glossy glass eyes, making me remember my depression and sadness every night as I lay there crying. I instantly took this kitten under my wing. As my friend. As my family. I gave him a proper name of Milky Way. Because I like Milky Ways. This was by far the most amazing and longest lasting Milky Way to stay by my side. I knew we were meant to be.

Milky Way and I were the best of friends. We would spend all night telling each other ghost stories, and we would spend all day playing tag. Milky Way would always win. I don't know what it was, but I think me running in my rain boots to chase Milky Way slowed him down. Milky Milk didn't see it coming that day when I was wearing Rocket Skates! The little bastard still outran me. :( . Milky Way was the happiness in my life. And then the most dreadful event of my life happened. I went to bed, Milky Way by my side. And I was happy, knowing that all the depression and abuse my family would give me was gone once the Milkster was around me. As I woke up the next morning, ready to rub The Milkinators tummy, he was gone! All that lay there was a ransom note. "If you want you're fucking cat back, come in the kitchen... bitch."

Was this a sign? Was this a joke? Did Milk Mak-A-Lot leave this note for me? I put on my Superman T-Shirt and a red cape and I run to the kitchen. And then it happened. I fell on my knees and started crying. My Milk Man was a gonner! My Milkwilky was DEAD! He was beaten to death with a 2x4, my family standing there, laughing at me crying my eyes out. I was so depressed. I couldn't take it. My only happiness in life was taken away by my abusive family. What could I do? I didn't know what to do. I start gasping for air. I can't breathe. It felt like my lungs were collapsing. My vision starts to blur. I close my eyes. It felt like my eyes were closed for ages. I remember opening my eyes and seeing blood everywhere. My family members, dead on the floor. I look at my hands, I had blood drenched all over them. My clothes were soaked in red liquid. Did I do what I just think I did? Did I completely massacre my family? I didn't believe what just happened. Their helpless bodies just lay their on the floor. Holes in their bodies. Holes? It seems like a hole was dug in each of their bodies, right into their heart. Their hearts were gone.

I look around, and I see a bowl of fresh meat. Yes, it was the hearts of my family. I was about to destroy their hearts, just like they destroyed mine. The anger I had towards them built up inside of me, and I did what any pissed off mother fucker would do. I sat myself down to their helpless bodies, and I ate their hearts like it was the most tender cut steak I've had in my life. And I enjoyed every minute of it. This was revenge! This was my revenge for what they did to Mr. Milky Johnson. This was a very tragic part of my life, but it was so important to me because it showed just how crazy love can drive a man. This event made me finally get rid of all of the pain over the years, and connect with my only love in my life, Milky Way.

Sometimes I look at my own face, And I don't know who I am: These lyrics have a lot of meaning to it. It signifies how whenever I looked in the mirror, I couldn't recognize myself. I could never picture myself as a strong, brave, sexy human being like I am now. I was always a little pussy bitch. But now, I'm a man! Hear my roar! I see a piece of everyone I know, Buried underneath my skin: This refers to my carnivoristic characteristics in my life, of my families flesh and blood swimming in my body. I don't wanna be like them, I wanna crawl back in: Refers to me not wanting to be horrible, abusive, human beings. I just want to crawl back into my quiet little hole of a bedroom with My Milker and lay in peace forever. I hear them telling me who they think I should be, Why won't they leave me alone? I can't deny it, I try to fight it, But I'm losing control Refers to my family abusing me, telling me that I would be a nobody in life, and that I should be just like them. I just wanted them to leave me alone for good. I tried to fight it for as long as I could, but eventually I turned green and muscular, and ripped through my jeans, and went incredible hulk on their asses. Don't wanna lose my innocence. Don't want the world second guessing my heart. Won't let your lies take a piece of my soul. Don't wanna take your medicine. I wanna crawl back in Refers to me being such an innocent, sweet, cute young man. I didn't want people to guess how I felt about my family. I didn't want my families abusive goals in life take over who I was. I didn't want to take their laced Advil pills. Whatever the fuck was in it, it killed my dog Peppy. And lastly, refers to my bedroom.

I hope this story touched your hearts as much as it touched mine... and my families. I love you Milky Way. DBS made this song for us! Never forget!

Posted Image

Posted Image

hi :)

i felt in love with out of ashes the first time i heard it.. dead by sunrise is my favourite band!!

after see them live in brussels and cologne, i knew dbs will be always a part of my life.. it changes it in a better way! especially the song "into you".. it's my favourite song of all times!! always when i hear this special part "...despite all those things you've done, you'll always be the one to catch me when i faaaaaall into you...." i have to cry, because it's so magical, it's a moment where i forget all my problems and i feel sooo good!! and i hear this song every day...

The song that I feel the most connected to is Into You, I suffer from a lot of depression and anxiety issues, and there's one person that really supports me through all of it, and that song reminds me of him so much. I don't think anything else comes as close to describing our friendship as that song does.

The song I relate to the most is "Walking in Circles". A lot of times I am afraid to say what actually needs to be said or ask what needs to be asked. This song made me realize that not only is it unhealthy, but also paralyzing to your mind to not pry at life's mysteries and riddles. It limits what you know or what experiences you may have in life. If I have a question now, I ask it. If I have a statement now, I say it. Life is too short to sleep through it. I no longer walk in circles, I walk straight ahead, in hopes of finding better and more exciting things than I have had in the past.

I also believe it is one of the best written songs on the album because it has a deep message to the people who are "Walking in Circles" and to the people who aren't. It is a awakening for the people who "walk in circles". It is also a cry for help to the people who are awake, to help the people who are sleeping.