Win A Signed Copy Of “Out Of Ashes”!

LPxDC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Into You FTW. This song makes me think of all the rough times my wife and I have been thourgh. After moving from one home to another, money problems, fights that we never intended to aim at each other, and the loss of our 6 month old daughter. I/we know that we have one another to fall into when the pain of the past haunts us from time to time...

So yeah love this song... Thank you DBS for an awesome album!

The song that I relate to most is "Let Down". In my life I wasn't wronged by a significant other, but a parent. This parent left my younger sister and I when we were very young. I always hoped for her to come back into our lives and she did. However, when she came back it was just by phone calls saying she would see us again someday, come visit. It hasn't happened. It has been so long that I have nearly forgotten what my mother looks like. This song expresses exactly how I feel. I do not want to become attached to anyone so that when they do just vanish from my life I will not be let down again.

Hi everybody! My favourite song in Out of Ashes is Crawl Back In. Mainly because I really like the lyrics of it, that sense of 'I don't wanna do what they want me to, what they expect me to' is amazing. I feel related to that feeling of going against what people try to impose you and you want to be different.. I really love that :D

My fav DBS song= Crawl Back In

I feel like it's a lot like me whenever I feel like the world doesn't make me happy. I just want to do my own thing. But the world forms us to be someone who we may not be. So I follow my heart and try to CRAWL BACK IN!!!!!!!! I want this album soo bad!!! gotta jam to it in my car!!! ;)

my favorite song from the album Out Of Ashes is "Too Late" is a song that you can relate to is an amazing song i like the part when chester sings "its hard to focus when your life is a blur" what an awesome song I LOVE ALL THE SONGS FOR OUT OF ASHES AND I LOVE DEAD BY SUNRISE... <3 =] :D

In all honesty, it's pretty hard for me to relate to most of OOA. I'm young, and so far my life has been pretty sheltered and relatively problem free. But my favorite song is Let Down, the lyrics have always clicked with me.

Great idea to do this giveaway by the way.

In all honesty, it's pretty hard for me to relate to most of OOA. I'm young, and so far my life has been pretty sheltered and relatively problem free. But my favorite song is Let Down, the lyrics have always clicked with me.

Great idea to do this giveaway by the way.

I was wondering how you can have 1,5k posts without being a Contributor?!

I was wondering how you can have 1,5k posts without being a Contributor?!

Well, beyond posting on the site I haven't really contributed. I did attempt something with Mark over the summer but Adam said it wasn't allowed.

So in other words, I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't mind. ;)

Well, beyond posting on the site I haven't really contributed. I did attempt something with Mark over the summer but Adam said it wasn't allowed.

So in other words, I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't mind. ;)

ah okay ;) What you attempted, if it's not a secret?

ah okay ;) What you attempted, if it's not a secret?

Oh hey, 1500 posts. xD

I don't really know if I'm allowed to talk about it, but I made FLAC rips of a track that isn't widely available on the internet. Mark thought we could share it, but according to Adam we couldn't.

Oh hey, 1500 posts. xD

I don't really know if I'm allowed to talk about it, but I made FLAC rips of a track that isn't widely available on the internet. Mark thought we could share it, but according to Adam we couldn't.

again, congrats :P

Can you tell me what song you are talking about? Please!

In some way I can relate to any of the songs, I guess, but my favorite (and the one I can relate to most) would probably be In the Darkness because it talks about how you can't live up to how people always want you to. "All that you want from me is all I have to give." No matter what I seem to do my mother always seems to find something wrong or find something stupid to get mad about, along with people at my school, they complain about everything I do and have. I wear sweatshirts all the time, it's bad, I wear shoes I like, it's bad, I want my hair long, it's bad.

The song from Out of Ashes that I can relate to the most is Let Down. We all first heard Let Down back in 2005, and while the final version was different from the live version that Chester first sang, the lyrics remained unchanged. Let Down's lyrics to me were about breakups/failed relationships and the regret that comes with it when going through those things.

Back in 2005, I got really depressed for an extended period of time after breaking up with my high school girlfriend. Yeah, I was younger back then and that was my first relationship so I really had a hard time handling the pain/sadness of going through a break up. And I also thought that I didn't want to go through all of that again.

So when I first heard Let Down back in 2005, I immediately related to it. It really captured how I felt back then. Even today, I still listen to Out of Ashes version from time to time and think about how perfect the song was for my experience 5 years ago.

The music of Dead By Sunrise with more than I relate is "Walking in Circles", because I'm Alone In The World, With Millions Of Souls, I feel Walking In Circles, now do not disturb, give me the the copy of "Out Of Ashes and make me happier!

Edited by Gabriel Teixeira

This project, I mean Dead By Sunrise, has made a quality rock album Out Of Ashes with songs that have different sounding but so amazingly done so you can said its brilliant work! I love all songs from this recording very much, each song has own greatness, some are EPIC like Walking In Circles and Let Down for me. These songs can be most relate to hole album. In this band is ALL Chester, all his tastes and knowledge in rock industry. We know Chester as singer of any genre of rock and we always love to hear when he cover some rock musicians or sing something from not-LP soundings. So I believe the day will come when they will back again with new stuff and we will love it !!!