Win A Signed Copy Of “Out Of Ashes”!

LPxDC

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the song I feel I relate at the most is End Of The World, because I know how's like living fearful of what's happening (specially in my country) and in the end everything you can do is say "God save me please" while you see on TV or the news paper all the abductions, the robbery, deaths, violations, corruption, etc.

For me, i find "Walking in circles" the most relatable on the album, in a different way to you might think.

its lyrics illustraite how people are lead like mindless sheep, believing everything we see, hear and read in the media - spoon feeding us information that disguises what really is happening in the world around us. "afraid that their questions just might have answers" proves that some of us would rather not know what really is going on in fear that the truth is far more horrifying than we're led to beleive.

"careful of what you might say..." could easily relate to the recent debacle with Prince Harry and the "racist" coments. What ever you say, no matter who you are (even if your the bloody prince of England!) the media will twist your words, and have you by the neck.

No matter what we think of the media, it controls an astonishing portion of our lives, some of us will shut up, sit back and do as where told, while others will be locked away for saying what we believe in. We really are "walking in circles"; Traveling great distances but never getting anwhere. For our sake, lets hope it will never stop us from living our dreams.

The song I related to most was too late it helped me let go off regrets that I had and helped me forgive and forget about people who have hurt me in any way in the past. It basically helped me move on with my life when I was stuck in a bit of a rut I have been pretty happy mainly since that album and It helped me a lot especially "too late".

The song I can relate to most is "Crawl Back In" Because This Song expresses all the feelings what I feel, the line of "I Don't Wanna Be Like" is the most important for me because i don't wanna be like them, I wanna be ME! I choose my style, my thoughts, my religious beliefs, etc. and shows that I am not a man who follow the mode, this song make me free of everything that to the people say.

PD: I want to Win the prize! haha!

Though Walking In Circles is my favorite DBS song, Crawl Back In really helped me out during a rough part of my life.

"Its hard to think of anything that I haven't heard before

I hear these voices in my head

They could be mine but I'm not sure

I hear them telling me who they think I should be

Why won't they leave me alone

I can't deny it I try to fight it

But I'm losing control"

My parents were fighting and trying to make me choose sides. Instead I'd just go to my room and blast my iPod. This was one the songs that I'd sing too because it really touched me.

Thanks LPxDC for doing this!! It's an awesome contest and congrats to whoever wins!

The song I relate the much on the album is Let Down. The first time I heard the acoustic version I was totally blown away. It was describing my life in a very powerful way. I could just close my eyes while listening to this song and feel the pain go away. It was like someone was there to take my hand and help me. The studio version on the album is beyond amazing. Thanks DBS for making such an awesome album !!! and thank you for the contest LPXDC its pretty cool :P

The song I can relate to the most is "Let Down".

I loved my ex more than anything else in the world and we were together for more than 2 years but then things suddenly started to break down between us. Later on I found out it was another guy, but she just refused to tell me anything at that time. It was much later that I found out it was another guy. She never told me anything directly, instead she behaved in a manner that would make us fight, even trying to make me hate her, so I thought I'd be the one to leave. And the reason she gave for that: she didn't want to hurt me.

And now my current gf behaves in a similar manner. I don't want to lose her so I want to use my previous experience to try to work things out but I don't want to hurt myself again either. So the song totally fits.

Thanks, DBS for making such a song and thanks LPxDC for such a cool contest!

Edited by ThunderStrike

The song ill like to relate as a part of my real life would be "My suffering "

This one played a vital part in my day to day life , it showed me solution for me outcome the pain , suffering , parody ive suffered in my life . It reminds me the day when i came out of it and made me turn a bad ass!!!!! ;) and the then things changed it started all in a reverse cycle and itz me who is doing all these things now !!!!!!! i always thank lp as being as a vital part of my life in my early stages , i had a real worse time and things became better when i started to hear DBS , im grateful chester and Jk for making such a huge impact in my life and make me feel better until today !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by aravind221

The songs i can relate to most is "Crawl Back In" and "Too Late" (They have similar meanings to their lyrics which i can relate to lately).

Lately ive become a different person, went from not being in trouble with the law to well i think getting put in jail because of all the charges ive recieved recently. Its just not me, and its something i want to break free of.

"Walking In Circles"

The music represents the world, our fears, our desires and everything we do, to just sleep in life and not think of answers, we live for a moment alone on the chance of trying to change, we pretend to be calm and even happy to keeping sadness for ourselves. This song means to me the main point of our lives, the courage to start again and wake up without fear of being or not being understood.

"Everyone's sleeping through life afraid that their questions just might have answers"

Edited by Kevelyn

The song I relate to the most is Into You.

because when i'd heared it for the first time, i realized that it perfectly describes the way i felt at that moment

"Smoke another cigarette it kills the pain

That's all that's left of me anymore"

Edited by No_sense

My most valuable song of Out Of Ashes is for sure, Into You :)

just the lyrics:

"I'm a man whose tragedies have been replaced

With memories tattooed upon my soul."

C'mon, aren't they beautiful? jajajaja

weel, here's my message, let's see if I win that signed copy, wow, an aothograph of chester bennington and co jajajaja

(sorry for my english, i'm from spain so, my language is spanish lol )

Inside Of Me

Because can describes something that, of course, all felt some day.
As if something was wrong, as if you were alone there, thinking something to change inside yourself.
And without forget that what you lost one day never will back.

"I'll never get back the things I lost along the way"

My favorite Dead By Sunrise song is "Morning After". It catched me at the first time I listened to it (When I was listening to the whole Out of Ashes album for the first time.) The name of the song was familiar to me as I knew that I have seen this title in Linkin Park fansites before but I never paid attention to it. When I listened to the song I was cathed by it immediately so I listened to it many times that night. I don't understand why this song is not on the main track-listing of Out of Ashes. It must be on the CD, not only as a bonus track and I think it would be the best single of the album with a music video. I believe it would be great if it was a Linkin Park song.

I think the song I most relate to, partially due to the fact it was "released" a good while beforehand and was available to me for more life experiences than just this past year, is Let Down.

"Oh the words you wouldn't say

And the games you played

With my unfoolish heart

Oh I should have known this from the start"

I always seemed/seem to find myself in a position of thinking something between me and someone is there, and soon find I was wrong. I would want so badly to hear them say what I wanted, but they never would, and I'd find myself looking back afterwards and seeing all the little things that were clear signs that it was going to result in the way it had, and it was obvious afterwards.

"Ohh the winter and spring

Going in hand in hand

Just like my love and pain

How the thought of you cuts deep within the vein

Oh this brand new skin stretched across scarred terrain"

Winter and Spring. Cold and Warmth. I would let myself get so attached to someone, that the mere thought of them was overwhelming - heart would beat so heavy it felt like it was coming out of my chest, etc, but it felt great. The same person would then be able to create a similar but opposite reaction after things went wrong. The heart would still beat as heavy, but the feeling of warmth was replaced with a cold void. And, after I "got over her" I still get almost the same way, even today, years later, showing that I still have scars I hide beneath my skin.

"I don't want to be let down

I don't want to live my life again

Don't want to be led down the same old road

So I don't want to be let down

I don't want to live my lies again

Don't want to be lead down the same old road"

It seems I'm in a constant circle of getting my hopes up, and having them torn away like so many times in my past, and I don't want to go through this cycle again. I don't want to have my mind and heart to be led down the same path they've been led down before, leading to being let down yet again. I don't want to relive the feelings I had, only to find out they mean nothing.

"Ohhhh..."

In the acoustic/live version, Chester's vocals during this part always have a great effect on me. I just collapse almost, somewhat relaxed, but also consumed by thought on the situation.

As I write this, I've realized I'm in the possibly the same position, trying to find out if the feelings I have are reciprocal, but I'm literally "paralyzed with fear". I'm too afraid to just take the chance because of my past.

Edited by MrCinder

i would have to go with walking in circles because a lot of times i feel like i am just one lone person in the world, and everyone is just focused onb themselves and don't care about me. Also, i feel like sometimes i am walking in circles. Doing all this stuf to end up getting nowhere, or walking in circles by constantly not doing anything of value but i like doing this stuff and so i feel like I am walking in circles in a world full of souls and i feel like a lot of times nothing matters