New preview(s) of The Catalyst!

linkinparkfan17

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is completely different oO

I love Chester's voice, I love the lyrics and I love Joe's scratching but I don't know... This "techno" beat after Chester finished singing is really weird.

The guitar makes this preview a lot better and I think the whole thing starts growing on me.

Can't wait for the full song :)

You guys who are saying this is dance music are idiots.

is dance music. And I've heard some bands do even that extremely tastefully as part of a song. (Obsession by Innerpartysystem culminates in a full trance feel.) As far as the electric drums go, it sounds more like a punk feel, just made with an electric drum kit instead of an acoustic one--just like breaking the habit or even given upt. I'm personally not a huge fan of that style of rhythm, but it sounds as if that's going to be the tension before the release of the "lift me up, let me go" section, which is ultimately going to sound absolutely great in the song.

is dance music. And I've heard some bands do even that extremely tastefully as part of a song. (Obsession by Innerpartysystem culminates in a full trance feel.) As far as the electric drums go, it sounds more like a punk feel, just made with an electric drum kit instead of an acoustic one--just like breaking the habit or even given upt. I'm personally not a huge fan of that style of rhythm, but it sounds as if that's going to be the tension before the release of the "lift me up, let me go" section, which is ultimately going to sound absolutely great in the song.

ips is amazing. just needed to get that out there.

Innerpartysystem are dancey though. What am hoping for is lots of guitars with lots of electronic distortion and effects, something like New divide, but a bit more. Would be happy with that.

Edited by Smarky

So I was in work all reading what all you folks had to say about this new clip. Some like and some don't like which is OK as everyone is of course entitled to their opinion.

Finally got home and had quite a few listens of it myself. First couple of listens, I didn't really like but after a few more listens it kinda grew on me.

As most as saying, we cannot make any conclusions or judgements on what the finished project will sound like based on the short previews we've heard. I am however very optimistic about this new sound from LP!

Furthermore, I think its awesome that what we've heard so far adds further fuel to the fire that LP cannot and should not be pigeon-holed into one specific genre of music.

Between fans, non-fans or critics calling LP's sound as being rock, pop, hip-hop, nu-metal or even worse...RAP-ROCKERS, personally I've never held them to a particular sound!

We may get new genres thrown about such as dance, techno, electronic etc as a result of ATS but I will ignore them all as I've done every single time I've heard the term "nu-metal" (insert cringe here!)

LP have always had there own unique sound IMO and will continue to do so with the release of ATS.

Linkin Park is....Linkin Park and always will be.

My two cents

i lol'd at all the cool stories on here.

I cant wait for next Tuesday to be honest. As Astat said some of you will slip up. I can already imagine the countless threads about it sucking or being the best/worst thing LP has ever made. And then fighting will ensue over a song from the album. Oh man i need to go get a coffee. But DAMNNN Mike just sounds ill with his verse

So I was in work all reading what all you folks had to say about this new clip. Some like and some don't like which is OK as everyone is of course entitled to their opinion.

Finally got home and had quite a few listens of it myself. First couple of listens, I didn't really like but after a few more listens it kinda grew on me.

As most as saying, we cannot make any conclusions or judgements on what the finished project will sound like based on the short previews we've heard. I am however very optimistic about this new sound from LP!

Furthermore, I think its awesome that what we've heard so far adds further fuel to the fire that LP cannot and should not be pigeon-holed into one specific genre of music.

Between fans, non-fans or critics calling LP's sound as being rock, pop, hip-hop, nu-metal or even worse...RAP-ROCKERS, personally I've never held them to a particular sound!

We may get new genres thrown about such as dance, techno, electronic etc as a result of ATS but I will ignore them all as I've done every single time I've heard the term "nu-metal" (insert cringe here!)

LP have always had there own unique sound IMO and will continue to do so with the release of ATS.

Linkin Park is....Linkin Park and always will be.

My two cents

+1

i lol'd at all the cool stories on here.

I cant wait for next Tuesday to be honest. As Astat said some of you will slip up. I can already imagine the countless threads about it sucking or being the best/worst thing LP has ever made. And then fighting will ensue over a song from the album. Oh man i need to go get a coffee. But DAMNNN Mike just sounds ill with his verse

it out on monday