New preview(s) of The Catalyst!

linkinparkfan17

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a 34-second preview cant judge the whole thing,

it's just abt 1/6 of the song which is a small portion.

It's just 1/11 of the song! So there is no way to say how the whole song is going to sound like.

When I heard the snippet for the first time I was very surprised. I didn't like the beginning that much but when the syns starts after "...into the sky" I really like it and I also love those electro drums that starts shortly after. And after listening to it for about 50+ times it grows on me and now I want to listen to the full song!

Here is the download of it: http://www.mediafire.com/?pr714775aa6y7p9

I am actually in a mix in one hand I really love the way the song sounds and on the other I do want classic LP at the same time. Like as a side new test project I think this sounds awesome and most bands fail when they stray away, yet this sounds actually awesome and will tap into a whole new fan base.

The real problem I have is I love old Linkin Park so much and miss them a lot and hope on the album some of that Linkin Park is in there. I can feel in the song Linkin Park, but I also can hear this song in a club possibly and not getting me out of my messed up head, that I usually love that Linkin Park does for me.

Regardless new good music is something I love and everything seems promising so far.

I think the problem is, that Linkin park songs are on the most part:

1) Songs you can rock out to

2) Songs you can sing along too at the same time.

This is the killer combination that has served LP so well, built the fan base and sold the zillions of records. So far all that looks to be gone. The underlying track is just distracting and the vocals are not very clear, too distorted.

To me, you can mess around and experiment with as much as you want, you don't need to recreate another Hybrid Theory, you can evolve and evolve hugely, but don't mess with this formula. Mike talked about wanting to create music with meaning, you are not going to create a meaning if the song fails to make an impact because it has too many over produced crazy sounds.

I was hoping the more 'Electronic" sound would be something along the lines of New Divide and then some. Hoping for a bit more heavy than what this offers so far. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Smarky

[Chester]

Far from the world of you and I,

Where oceans bleed in to the sky.

[Chester & Mike]

God save us everyone,

will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?

For the sins of our hand

the sins of our tongue

the sins of our father

the sins of our young

NO!

God save us everyone

will we burn inside the fires...

fixed with lyrics from the new preview

Adam:

"I heard the song completely, and it is cool. I'm not saying this because I work at a group. At the video shoot, I stood with a protruding jaw in amazement. It was completely unexpected, but I was glad because if the LP has been my most-most favorite band of all time. This is my opinion and I do not expect all to agree with him, but, in my opinion, it's cool. It's cool. This is not what you expect from Linkin Park, but at the same time, this is what you need to expect from Linkin Park, is a truly high-quality song."

Adam:

"I heard the song completely, and it is cool. I'm not saying this because I work at a group. At the video shoot, I stood with a protruding jaw in amazement. It was completely unexpected, but I was glad because if the LP has been my most-most favorite band of all time. This is my opinion and I do not expect all to agree with him, but, in my opinion, it's cool. It's cool. This is not what you expect from Linkin Park, but at the same time, this is what you need to expect from Linkin Park, is a truly high-quality song."

It's been posted in th thread I think

In my opinion the remix contest was a bad idea, at least with this song.I heard so many "bad" remix's and now I don't know is it the real song or a fan-made song. <_<

But let's get back to the snippet.I like the new style and you have to compare the "Mike snippet" with this one.I'm very excited about the whole song. :)

I can't say the entire song is good because I haven't heard it in its entirety yet but I can say that this small sample is really Great.

This is something different, it's definitely not something we would expect from Linkin Park.

and that folks, is a good thing.

just like mike said in the billboard interview:

"But we want to make this record a record with identity, hopefully not one you've heard before. One you can listen to and say, 'That's brand new... It's definitely Linkin Park, but it's definitely different.'"