New preview(s) of The Catalyst!

linkinparkfan17

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really worried about this song, and now this album. The song is way too busy, it sounds like they didn't know what to make it sound like, so they put everything into one song. I'm all for experimenting, I just hope it sounds better when you hear it start to finish.

Hmm.. now what to do.

I am not sure if it's a good idea to keep listening to all these little clips and possibly a link or just wait for the full version on Monday.

It will be easy for me since i am away from Thursday, but I keep playing to clips, i can't help myself lol

I've been kind off and on through each clip, but everyone makes me like the song more and more. After the MOH clip I now know this song will kick some ass. That trailer gave me chills! And im still a fan of Mike's voice good to hear it with no effect on that part.

I've been kind off and on through each clip, but everyone makes me like the song more and more. After the MOH clip I now know this song will kick some ass. That trailer gave me chills! And im still a fan of Mike's voice good to hear it with no effect on that part.

Mikes part does have the effect on it

This is where many LP fans and I differ, in the fact that I absolutely loved nu-metal. What's wrong with it? It was usually heavy as fuck. lol

I completely agree with you. Nu-metal is awesome! The heavier, the better.

I've been getting into trance and house music (Kaskade, Guetta, Tiesto, Armin) over the last year and I LOVE it. However, I do NOT think LP should start sounding like trance music. I wanna headbang to LP, not rave to it. :/ I'm not against people trying different genres (e.g. Sharon Den Adel from Within Temptation sings with Armin Van Buuren on 'In and Out of Love' and both are amazing). If you're gonna do it though, do it under a different moniker.

Last night, I was still feeling 50/50 on whether the song would be amazing or mediocre. Wow, isn't it amazing how one or two previews can change a perception. After hearing these new previews, my excitement has doubled. It's now more like 70/30, awesome or mediocre. I now believe this has the potential to be the best song since New Divide. I know some people will say "you're overreacting! It's not that amazing. Wait until the whole thing!"

Still, I think I had an orgasm hearing the third preview. The "Lift me up, Let me go" sounds COMPLETELY different than it did in the snippet Mike posted, in terms of production. Thank you Mike! This is how you should sound and how I love your voice. Completely raw and emotional. The production was NRL like. And the guitar in the third preview, even though somewhat subtle, adds a WHOLE new feel for me. It actually had a familiar LP feel, maybe a bit like ATL. I know why I love the third preview. It's the first preview that combined some things I love about Linkin Park. You've got the strong guitar. You've got Chester's singing which he has once again taken to another level. You've got some Mr. Hahn. You've got the piano. And you've got Mike's singing, not overproduced.

If nothing else, the third preview is a sign of hope for me. It tells me that the band I grew to love is not completely gone. They didn't change into a completely different entity that I can no longer recognize. There's still some Linkin Park here. At least to me. I think it might stay.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

I have no words...seriously - Mr. Hahn is back, chester and mike will sing TOGETHER!! , it will have both slow and fast parts..

Now I understand why I put LP as the 'most important thing in my life' after my family and friends.

I fucking love lp to death, and I hope the song will leak tonight...

now that i've listened to it more and more, it is slowly growing on me. i'm still not a fan of the auto-tune esque parts though :\ but i loooovvveee when chester and mike sing together. i can't wait to hear the whole thing and see the video when it's released.

At the video shoot I stood there with my jaw open.

:P lol amazing

i cant wait for this song, the combination of mike and chester singing, the way rob is just pounding away on the drums and mr hahns scratching is giving me a feeling in my brain like if i just had sex haha

I have no words...seriously - Mr. Hahn is back, chester and mike will sing TOGETHER!! , it will have both slow and fast parts..

Now I understand why I put LP as the 'most important thing in my life' after my family and friends.

I fucking love lp to death, and I hope the song will leak tonight...

Yes! I agree 100%

LINKIN PARK!!!

I completely agree with you. Nu-metal is awesome! The heavier, the better.

I've been getting into trance and house music (Kaskade, Guetta, Tiesto, Armin) over the last year and I LOVE it. However, I do NOT think LP should start sounding like trance music. I wanna headbang to LP, not rave to it. :/ I'm not against people trying different genres (e.g. Sharon Den Adel from Within Temptation sings with Armin Van Buuren on 'In and Out of Love' and both are amazing). If you're gonna do it though, do it under a different moniker.

Are you from The Netherlands ?