Remix Contest....FAKEOUT

hahninator

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god that was fake. Downloading the stems now from MySpace.

Gave the rules a skim, UK people can enter (yay), minimum of 2 mins, can submit entries from the 12th July. Sounds good :)

edit: on a side note, I guess the thread for our entries will be remade on the 12th?

Edited by GigaScythe

2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal residents physically residing within the fifty (50) United States, Washington D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Mexico, Turkey, Poland, Spain, France, Italy, Brazil, Argentina (excluding residents of the province of Mendoza), Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panamá, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Austria, Japan, and China

^^

Unfair!! they didn't mention The Netherlands, bummer

FUCK!! I feel like crying!! :( I was surely entering, though I didnt expect to win, it's kinda sad that they left India out. :(

That's not fair LP :(

I don't understand why some of the coutries are not included o.O

I would understand if it was open for the USA only (then, it would be a matter of ticket for a flight) but if some of European/Asian countries are included... It doesn't make any sense.

I hope I'll be able to vote for more than one remix because I've heard at least two good remixes, and it's so far ;)

Reasons include a nation's competition laws, government legislations...

after all and still was working hard and now itz dust :( ,wish mike announces 1000 suns album art cover contest :D

I wouldn't like if that were a real contest. I like the band to pick out how the songs are written and arranged, as well as the tracklisting and album artwork and all that sort of stuff. I don't like the idea of a fan choosing something huge...this is a cool contest I guess, but I still don't particularly like the idea.

hmm the official release doesn't have Chester's Vocals? So maybe we did gain something from that crappy site!!!!

At least the country list is more than just the US, it was for that reason I left the LPU earlier this year.

hmm the official release doesn't have Chester's Vocals? So maybe we did gain something from that crappy site!!!!

At least the country list is more than just the US, it was for that reason I left the LPU earlier this year.

I downloaded the thing from myspace and I have chester's parts included in it

I really wish I didn't listen to those tracks. I hope the song sounds a lot different when they're all put together, cause right now the song just doesn't seem like it'll live up to expectations. The effect driven vocals by Mike are weird, the keyboards seem very mellow, and the lyrics in general seem like these guys are going in a very different direction.

This is good. If someone could add some nice guitar to it, i think itd be a winner

Declaring a winner so easily?? Out of all the people who will submit, about only 5% must be finished by now (and that too with a DEMOish version)!!

Well we probably don't even have all the instruments, and layering all of these together doesn't make sense since all the tracks are different lengths, so I'm waiting till we hear the full song to say whether this is good or not.

Hey Alex (gigascythe), I'm not sure which stem you plan on using for your remix but if you decide to record vocals, make sure you use your sennheiser E825 and not your AKG Perception 220 ^_^. Cause yea, it'll sound SO MUCH better :lol: Just joking ha. I wonder though seriously how much the band will judge the submissions based on quality/production vs musical creativity/composition/execution.

Hey Alex (gigascythe), I'm not sure which stem you plan on using for your remix but if you decide to record vocals, make sure you use your sennheiser E825 and not your AKG Perception 220 ^_^ . Cause yea, it'll sound SO MUCH better :lol: Just joking ha. I wonder though seriously how much the band will judge the submissions based on quality/production vs musical creativity/composition/execution.

Actually the rules state that original vocals/lyrics aren't permitted. So there you go! :P

Actually the rules state that original vocals/lyrics aren't permitted. So there you go! :P

Are you serious? I guess the rules changed. I thought I remember him saying on his blog post that the only real rule was you had to use one of the stems. Oh well, there goes my idea...or at least part of my idea. :rolleyes:

Edit: http://www.myspace.com/pages/linkinparkofficialrules wow...ok ^_^

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

The Submission must meet the following content restrictions:

- Personal Assets must NOT include use of lyrics or singing; vocal enhancements, if any, must be strictly limited to sound effects (i.e., beat box);

So, I guess singing is not allowed

Are you serious? I guess the rules changed. I thought I remember him saying on his blog post that the only real rule was you had to use one of the stems. Oh well, there goes my idea...or at least part of my idea. :rolleyes:

"Personal Assets must NOT include use of lyrics or singing; vocal enhancements, if any, must be strictly limited to sound effects (i.e., beat box)"

Yeah, there goes my main idea too!

Reasons include a nation's competition laws, government legislations...

It's a pity. A real one.

I wish I could swap with you (who are not allowed to participate) guys. I really do. Damn...

This time I am allowed to take part in LP's contest but I have skills.

I downloaded the thing from myspace and I have chester's parts included in it

Hmm appears my bad, what was playing was some snippets i downloaded earlier rather than the ones i just downloaded.

I give up with the remix.

Im gonna write a song over the keyboard part...and sing it...good luck to you all!

Here's my take on the track.

I added stereo effects and worked on the song with Logic Express 9.

Enjoy

http://soundcloud.com/jdablemont/catalyst-remix-entry

its really nice. Lol I used strings as well but I had no idea for the rest...

yes true a guitar solo or track and you're the winner1