Remix Contest....FAKEOUT

hahninator

Just received a call from Adam. He wanted me to inform you that he saw our link to the contest and wants us to know that...

THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT CONTEST.

This is a site they were THINKING about going with but they didn't end up using it. Hence why it is not on LP.com. Please wait until the OFFICIAL contest is announced on LP.com for remixing The Catalyst.

We are sorry about the confusion we may have caused. We posted a link sent to us via IM, and it seemed like it was legit (well it was in a way, haha)...but this is NOT the OFFICIAL remix contest for The Catalyst. Thank god, huh? The REAL one will be announced on LP.com SOON and hopefully the mixer is better, ha!

Thanks Adam for the heads up and sorry for the problems!!! Wow, what a fakeout.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. My browser actually warned me, I would be on a homepage, that would imitate the real one, but I was just like "nah.. shut up, thats bullshit" and didn't think about it anymore. I should start trusting my browser, lol!

wow who'd have thunk it?

I must say I'm glad, that website was totally confusing & the mixer was slow and basically crap lol

Hopefully mike will upload lossless mp3/flac's for us to use in our own mixers &/or link us to a better online one.

Well cool, but it's already pretty much into Friday no matter what time zone your in, so about time they released it if they said they would!

Mike did say that you could use whatever recording software you want remember, so don't worry. Would be awesome if the snippets were somehow different. Or it might be cool to release just the snippets without any stupid web recording software, so that people that have no clue what they are doing don't just hit random buttons and submit. You would end up with thousands and thousands of entries and not possible to listen to them all, might miss so proper remixes in there.

I'd love to enter, truely would love too. I am a very creative person. Trouble is, I can't play any instrument and I have only messed around with audio software very slightly in the past, so i don't think it's worth me submitting an entry.