Remix Contest....FAKEOUT

hahninator

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i bet they wanted to use this website for the contest and the guys at warner / bandmembers where reading all those posts spreading around after the website launched and quickly changed it because no one was realy happy with this.

many of u guys where sayin they should just give a download etc. and here you go...

All this changing is holding up the new album -.-

haha i bet they wanted to use this website for the contest and the guys at warner / bandmembers where reading all those posts spreading around after the website launched and quickly changed it because no one was realy happy with this.

many of u guys where sayin they should just give a download etc. and here you go...

All this changing is holding up the new album -.-

no, i don't think so. when i was on their myspace side yesterday, my browser was like "This homepage is imitating another homepage" kinda, so it wasn't the real one = the "sound program" wasn't linkin parks idea.

Edited by Teagan

FUCK!! I feel like crying!! :( I was surely entering, though I didnt expect to win, it's kinda sad that they left India out. :(

That's not fair LP :(

man i was half way thru i jus started off yesterday and crap we r not in again this time either i thought only for concert we r not , not even for competition :(

Edited by aravind221

2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal residents physically residing within the fifty (50) United States, Washington D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Mexico, Turkey, Poland, Spain, France, Italy, Brazil, Argentina (excluding residents of the province of Mendoza), Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panamá, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Chile, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Austria, Japan, and China

^^

Unfair!! they didn't mention The Netherlands, bummer

Oh my god !!! Uruguay is inclusive !!! this is unbelieveble !!! Thank you Linkin Park for think in Southamerica, thank you for think in my country i will do the best Remix i ever done in my fuckin life !!!!

I don't have enough words to thank this.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there are some issues with these "stems":

1) The piano is played on an out of tune piano. Its about a half pitch up from C.

2) The song is a tad out of perfect time, about an eighth beet every measure.

Here is how I was able to fit them all together. Its certainly not ideal, but the best way I can find. No additional instrumentation is added as of yet:

http://soundcloud.com/das-1/cat4

Link Fixed

Edited by Das419

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there are some issues with these "stems":

1) The piano is played on an out of tune piano. Its about a half pitch up from C.

2) The song is a tad out of perfect time, about an eighth beet every measure.

Here is how I was able to fit them all together. Its certainly not ideal, but the best way I can find. No additional instrumentation is added as of yet:

http://soundcloud.com/user608625/cat4

Broken link. I bet the audio is finalizing just like my UPDATED REMIX, OMG SPOILER.

im doing some guitar part...

i recommend to all of you to tune your guitar down to drop D.... :D

I swear I wont change it ever again.

final remix with guitar (yeah sounds like crap, I had to use my webcam's microphone to record that...its easier for a cello tho)

http://soundcloud.com/anaphx/the-catalyst-...anaphx-w-guitar

Edited by ana

People, great remixes!

But I have to say one thing, you ARE aware that you can ditch parts of the stems and add your own, aren't you?

You just have to have at least one of them! After all the remixes I've listened to, (and I've listened to A LOT) I haven't heard not but ONE that ditches vocals, (was Ana's) (Don't worry, I love mikes part on this song :) Chester's a bit bland, sorry. ) But really, it's suppose to be a remix contest, make it REALLY different, add your own voices! Write your own lyrics! For Heavens Sake, make things a bit more interesting.

Oh and Ana, I liked your first remix without the vocals the best. What I'd personally would like to hear is maybe you recording your own voice (I dunno if you can sing) Or just ditch the vocals entirely and add the guitar part to the old remix you had. Because OMG it was awesome. :)

-J

Edited by Annoy

People, great remixes!

But I have to say one thing, you ARE aware that you can ditch parts of the stems and add your own, aren't you?

You just have to have at least one of them! After all the remixes I've listened to, (and I've listened to A LOT) I haven't heard not a ONE that ditches vocals, (I love mikes part on this song :) ) But really, it's suppose to be a remix contest, make it REALLY different, add your own voices! Write your own lyrics! For Heavens Sake, make things a bit more interesting.

Oh and Ana, I liked your first remix without the vocals the best. What I'd personally would like to hear is maybe you recording your own voice (I dunno if you can sing) Or just ditch the vocals entirely and add the guitar part to the old remix you had. Because OMG it was awesome. :)

-J

Your such a big reply is almost a waste!! Only If you had read the rules!! Original lyrics and vocals are not allowed.