Remix Contest....FAKEOUT

hahninator

Your such a big reply is almost a waste!! Only If you had read the rules!! Original lyrics and vocals are not allowed.

I'm pretty sure that mike said that they are. he said use YOUR voice, what do you think that means? ALSO the "rules" state that you HAVE TO USE THE WEB SITE TO MIX THE SONGS. You don't have to do that either. Really, those rules are kind of outdated ever since the contest went officially live.

And here is something from Linkin Parks twitter.

RT @m_shinoda: Heard some "official" versions of The Catalyst on Youtube. I didn't know I could listen to so much bad in so little time ...

They're basically saying, a lot of you suck. I'm not trying to be mean, but a LOT of them do. I personally am not going to vote for anyone because they're popular in the LP fanbase. If you suck and you have friends who vote for you, good, but I'm not. I'm voting for the best, no matter how damn popular they are. :)

- J

EDIT: Maybe you can not use your vocals, but I thought that according to This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzuR7RRlsJA you were.

Geeze. This contest isn't put together very well, anyway.. My apologies!

Edited by Annoy

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken link. I bet the audio is finalizing just like my UPDATED REMIX, OMG SPOILER.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there are some issues with these "stems":

1) The piano is played on an out of tune piano. Its about a half pitch up from C.

2) The song is a tad out of perfect time, about an eighth beet every measure.

Here is how I was able to fit them all together. Its certainly not ideal, but the best way I can find. No additional instrumentation is added as of yet

http://soundcloud.com/das-1/cat4

Link Fixed

A little info before you listen.

1. I have ZERO musical talent

2. I do not play ANY intruments

3. All samples besides those provided by Linkin Park were created by me

4. This is not a serious remix but just something I threw together to see if I could

5. It's only a Demo

6. Enjoy (Not really, it's damn awful) :)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/78167977bb68d1a5/

Edited by Annoy

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but there are some issues with these "stems":

1) The piano is played on an out of tune piano. Its about a half pitch up from C.

2) The song is a tad out of perfect time, about an eighth beet every measure.

Here is how I was able to fit them all together. Its certainly not ideal, but the best way I can find. No additional instrumentation is added as of yet:

http://soundcloud.com/das-1/cat4

Link Fixed

Those still having trouble with editing the remix should take this advice that mike posted from ms.com:

"A bunch of people are asking about key and tempo. It’s in D minor, and the BPM is 135."

Plus dont forget to read the rules from their 'my space' page. In the meantime i cant wait to try to hear some entries tomorrow (coz of tifficult australian time that ill be busy sleeping atm lol). :rolleyes:

Keep closing Logic and then opening it back up again 5 mins later to work on it some more :) addictive stuff.

Giga I have to say out of everyone I am extremely excited to hear your remix. I have been listening to your band for a year now and I love your LP covers. I have a feeling you are gonna do something awesome with this remix. Good luck dude I am pulling for ya