The Catalyst Remix Contest

hahninator

I hope better sense prevails. You know what!! I hope you are promoted to the rank of STAFF for this. You have my RESPECT brother. :D

EDIT: These comments were on which site??

They can be found on his youtube video.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best posts I've ever read.

You know, I'd heard that he was bribing people away from me with promises of free albums and such, but alas - I had no proof. It annoyed me so I sent him a message about it, and he even replied saying he hadn't done anything of the sort.

If you're going to lie about something, don't leave the evidence up in plain view for everyone to see.

B)

Legend, you are the angel of the lord XD (from Supernatural)

OK, DangerSilent is taking his own work as something priceless so he could give it away freely (which mean he thinks that his works are worthless).

I met a lot of people like DangerSilent, they are very annoying + make themselves lower than normal human. Begging people to take their vote out of someone to vote for you =), I don't make joke around the beggar but you must be one.

I thought I won't post something about him after seeing it idiotic...but I must...or else I'll blow my room up.

this has turned into one big personal war....

you people do know that tuning him back makes you all hypocrites right?

Considering I don't like Alex's remix. (I'll probably get attacked for this 7 score and eighty nine) and I think DangerSilent is too much of an arrogant asshole to vote for I haven't voted for either and thus can not be biased or hypocritical towards one over the other.

DS's remix is good but he clearly broke the rules and I'm sure as hell not going to vote for him to support a band full of assholes.

Alex's remix I initially thought was good but after later listens I just do not enjoy it. It's my opinion that the vocals are shit and it sounds too poppy IMO. And if you all get upset about me saying that, then oh fucking well. I don't care. lol.

That's the thing. I don't have a problem with people who like it. It's just that I myself don't. I'm not going to say "Do not vote for Alex" because that's just plain old stupid.

Vote for the remix that you think is the best. Do not vote the 'people' you think are the best. Do not vote for anyone because it's "the popular thing to do" I'm not saying anyone has done that and I'm not saying that anyone hasn't because honestly I don't know if anyone have or have not. I'm just saying Don't do it. And please for sake of all woman/mankind do not vote for anyone who is a complete jerk or anyone who has the balls to say things like (paraphrasing) "My remix is better than yours" or "Hey! it's okay you can change your vote. Don't vote for the person you like and vote for me! cause I'm a arrogant prick and I deserve it but I don't care if you vote for me because I don't want to win I just want exposure even though we'd get exposure even if you didn't vote for us because you still listened to it and we don't care about a collab with LP oh wait yes we do, oh wait no we don't ." Cause, that's just stupid too.

I guess what I'm basically saying is Don't vote for Alex if you're just gonna vote for him because he is Alex. Vote for him if you think his remix is the best.

Don't vote DangerSilent because he's well, I don't need to say it again. Legend summed it up pretty well this time around.

Edited by Annoy

Considering I don't like Alex's remix. (I'll probably get attacked for this 7 score and eighty nine) and I think DangerSilent is too much of an arrogant asshole to vote for I haven't voted for either and thus can not be biased or hypocritical towards one over the other.

Um, not to be rude, but that's not really what hypocritical means.

The background music is really good but doesn't fit the vocals as much as other remixs do imo. Still a good work.

Before Mike anounce the key and the bpm of the stem i already tapped-tempo it

and sat down how i could make it make the drums sound and the layer of instruments.

I decided to come up with my own ideas rather than using more stems, so i just took the vocals and chopped them and arrangent them the way it would fit nice with the song.

But i really do appreciate you checking out and leaving some feedback.

Did you also made a remix ? cause i wanna check out yours 2, it'll be great to bounce of ideas.

thanks for checking out haha :P

It sounds like its going offbeat to me once it reaches the chorus, but it could be me going insane after hearing this song way too much.

Either way good job on the song overal.

That's because your hearing it speeding up a tiny bit, i understand what you're saying.

The hi hat is giving you a rhymth and the drums, that kinda plays games with your ear haha.

But the vocal are in sync with the metronome :P

Thanks for checking and giving feedback i really appreciate it.

Um, not to be rude, but that's not really what hypocritical means.

That's okay. That's why I included the Or part because I thought that I may have probably misinterpreted.

If I have it's my bad.

But still my opinions about the matter are the same. :lol:

How would it be rude anyway?

You guys are fucking hilarious. LoL

If only you could see the people you're talking to...and all the people that wonder how any set of people can be such doushebags? You really spent that time screen capturing all those comments? ROFL

Dude...you losers need to get off your computer and go breathe in some fresh air. You're a bunch of idiots who don't have one musical bone in their body. Sorry...I've played classical piano since i was 4...guitar since i was 11...and now I'm 23...do the math.

Stop being a bunch of pussy's...here...i have a better idea. PM me your addresses, and I'll visit you on our next tour, and we'll see what you have to say to us to our faces. I'm doubting that your going to say shit to me...or especially to our new manager lol. He'll break your skulls. Anyway...Alex...I'm not swaying people from voting for you...I said if you do vote for us instead of him...that'd be cool. And by the way...you fucking lie, cause you pm'd me saying that you voted for me...then I see on the forums you saying you voted for some other dude...when in reality, I bet you voted for yourself.

Legend...I thought you were cool in the beggining, but now we all think your a god damned nerd. Who gets this angry about a fucking drunk pissed-off post. Like really...I check this once every day or two...and you guys have like 30 posts in between ranting about how you GODS of these forums...like anyone gives a fuck lmao. Get a life.

- Chris

now my gf wants to say something...

How can you people even call yourself Linkin Park fans, or even fans of music in general? All you do is attack someone who attacks you? That is pretty hypocritical, since you guys like using that word so much. It's funny...you told him to use his own lyrics? He purposely did not use his own lyrics, because he knew you faggot nerds would complain about it. We even talked about it. You want to hear his lyrics? Go to their myspace and listen to his music. They are amazing. They don't swear, they don't talk about anything stupid, they just talk about how to make your lives better...and Chris writes pretty much all of them. And you attack his voice? You and I both know he is a great singer...better than most. He was saying his vocal pattern fit the song better than their sound clip did...he didn't say he's a better singer than Chester...even though in my opinion he is. He loves Chester. And knows him pretty well. He owns Club Tattoo, and we go there from time to time and hang out with him. So stop attacking about stupid bs, when your the morons instigating it.

- Marissa

(ok Nick's turn)

Don't hate...don't be jealous. It's ok that you aren't talented...and have to resort to sitting on forums instead of playing music. You are a blip on our radar of life, that lasts for a couple seconds. You don't matter. Ok, now I'm off to the recording studio, goodbye.

- Nick

sigh. retards.

Edited by DangerSilent

You guys are fucking hilarious. LoL

If only you could see the people you're talking to...and all the people that wonder how any set of people can be such doushebags? You really spent that time screen capturing all those comments? ROFL

Dude...you losers need to get off your computer and go breathe in some fresh air. You're a bunch of idiots who don't have one musical bone in their body. Sorry...I've played classical piano since i was 4...guitar since i was 11...and now I'm 23...do the math.

Stop being a bunch of pussy's...here...i have a better idea. PM me your addresses, and I'll visit you on our next tour, and we'll see what you have to say to us to our faces. I'm doubting that your going to say shit to me...or especially to our new manager lol. He'll break your skulls. Anyway...Alex...I'm not swaying people from voting for you...I said if you do vote for us instead of him...that'd be cool. And by the way...you fucking lie, cause you pm'd me saying that you voted for me...then I see on the forums you saying you voted for some other dude...when in reality, I bet you voted for yourself.

Legend...I thought you were cool in the beggining, but now we all think your a god damned nerd. Who gets this angry about a fucking drunk pissed-off post. Like really...I check this once every day or two...and you guys have like 30 posts in between ranting about how you GODS of these forums...like anyone gives a fuck lmao. Get a life.

- Chris

How can you people even call yourself Linkin Park fans, or even fans of music in general? All you do is attack someone who attacks you? That is pretty hypocritical, since you guys like using that word so much. It's funny...you told him to use his own lyrics? He purposely did not use his own lyrics, because he knew you faggot nerds would complain about it. We even talked about it. You want to hear his lyrics? Go to their myspace and listen to his music. They are amazing. They don't swear, they don't talk about anything stupid, they just talk about how to make your lives better...and Chris writes pretty much all of them. And you attack his voice? You and I both know he is a great singer...better than most. He was saying his vocal pattern fit the song better than their sound clip did...he didn't say he's a better singer than Chester...even though in my opinion he is. He loves Chester. And knows him pretty well. He owns Club Tattoo, and we go there from time to time and hang out with him. So stop attacking about stupid bs, when your the morons instigating it.

- Marissa

(ok Nick's turn)

Don't hate...don't be jealous. It's ok that you aren't talented...and have to resort to sitting on forums instead of playing music. You are a blip on our radar of life, that lasts for a couple seconds. You don't matter. Ok, now I'm off to the recording studio, goodbye.

- Nick

sigh. retards.

you should give up.

edit: your remix/remake is great but you should stop replying here , it won't get anyone anywhere.

Most likely people will not vote for you because of it.

Edited by XefuzioNr

Anyway...Alex...I'm not swaying people from voting for you...I said if you do vote for us instead of him...that'd be cool. And by the way...you fucking lie, cause you pm'd me saying that you voted for me...then I see on the forums you saying you voted for some other dude...when in reality, I bet you voted for yourself.

You can place multiple votes, you know. :rolleyes:

And with this, your days of posting here at LPL are finished. You've said your part, you joined here to get yourselves noticed and you've certainly done that.

I'm not going to have this go any further.

If only you could see the people you're talking to...

I'm sure the majority of us couldn't give a fuck about who you are. You're a joke - which is why we don't give it a shit.

Fresh air? I'm suprised you even know what that is. And do the math? 4+11+23 = 38. And this matters because..? Or is this your homework and this is a cheap way for you to get other people to do it for you - afterall, it does seem like a looooong equation.

PM me your addresses

Pedo.

I'm doubting that your going to say shit to me...or especially to our new manager lol. He'll break your skulls.

Oh shit. Internet threats.

Get a life.

Hey your next song with your big ass band should be "Hypocrisy" - would be a total winner and have meaning at the same time!

Yeah, you keep bringing up this girlfriend of yours... to be honest I don't even think she exists. You're just a desperate guy trying to look cool with this "Hey look I got a girlfriend."

[Pretending that there IS a girlfriend and I am replying to "her"]

So being LP/music fans mean we're not supposed to attack people? Sorry but I believe our music tastes have nothing to do with our individuality in a personality perspective. Well if we "faggot nerds" complained about his shit lyrics, then why didn't he post them anyway 'cause us nerds are complaining about him in any case.

So they don't talk about anything stupid, are bands not allowed to? If I wanted self help I would buy a fucking book.

ROFL yeah sure he knows Chester pretty well. I'm sure Chester hasn't got a clue who he is.

And yeah, I expect a ban or warning, but I think you should too. ;)

Edited by Jen