2010 Opening Song

hahninator

Opening Song For 2010  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What song is going to open the 2010 shows for LP?

• New Divide
    • One Step Closer
    • Given Up
    • No More Sorrow
    • What I've Done
    • New Song
    • Other Song (please specify)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they won't open with OSC again. It's not bad at all but this is a song to close the show, especially with the extended bridge.

So... I'm not really sure. My all time favourite opener is With You but I highly doubt this. My bet No More Sorrow :)

I say New Divide, the success of that song has been tremendous, and it's still relatively new. (And for the US shows, it's never been played in the states before, excluding the Transformers premiere). So ND, with a new intro, the one they used in 09, as cool as it is, doesn't have the energy needed to open an entire show. If they rotate setlists, which I hope they do, I say ND, OSC, and a new song. GU opening the set doesn't make sense to me since the MTM touring cycle is over. Same with NMS and WID.

Edited by ProjektCharlotte

I hope they won't open with OSC again. It's not bad at all but this is a song to close the show, especially with the extended bridge.

Please don't open with OSC. It's soooo much better closing. Reani bridge, Reani intro and the extended outro...oh shit. It'd be so sweet.

I really don't see OSC in the rotating setlists. This is a big touring cycle so I do see LP using the rotating setlists again. I hope they start in Europe but they might not....I dunno. I certainly think they would lol.

I don't see Don't Stay being played again in a very long time. I doubt they'd open with any MTM songs.

I voted for New Divide, but I hardly see it happening. Actually I don't expect that Linkin Park will change their Openers/closers, because they are quite nice for now. Especially No more sorrow and What i've done with their extended intros.

But nobody knows what is in LP's heads and nobody can tell what will happen. But I am sure that it will be either the well-known openers or some new song. Sadly, but I think there's not an 1% chance that they will bring back With You or Don't Stay at all.

Opening with an instrumental track seems a good way to me, too. Cfti or Session are great, but it will be nice if Joe has something new for us.

Anyways this poll is a good way to wait for the new message.. O M G MIKE ITS MONDAY WHERE IS IT !!? /trolloff

I'd like to see a new song opening the show. Faint would be a cool opener if it had some sort of extended intro with the stuff kind of building and then everything drops out and the string intro starts. Also, I've always thought starting a set with the Bleed it Out drum solo into (of course) Bleed it Out would be a nice way to start a show.

To everyone who said New Divide: I think it has much more impact as the first song in the encore. People will be looking for that one, so it would be better to throw it in near the end.

I think they'll use a new song for an opener. Maybe not for the new dates, but for the next US tour or something like that, I think they will. Basically once the album is released and everything since we still don't have a definite confirmed release date. New Divide would be a really cool opener though, IMO.