2010 Opening Song

hahninator

Opening Song For 2010  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What song is going to open the 2010 shows for LP?

• New Divide
    • One Step Closer
    • Given Up
    • No More Sorrow
    • What I've Done
    • New Song
    • Other Song (please specify)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first vote :3

I say new song. Dunno why, just feels like it. I found it odd that the setlists after M2M didn't open with a new song. Then again, there wasn't a really good opening track on M2M live show-wise.

I'll go ahead and predict New Divide, just because it'd be something different. They'll probably have a new song that they use as an opener at some point too.

If they go with the rotating setlists right off the bat with the first shows, I'll say New Divide/New Song/One Step Closer will be the 3 openers.

first vote :3

I say new song. Dunno why, just feels like it. I found it odd that the setlists after M2M didn't open with a new song. Then again, there wasn't a really good opening track on M2M live show-wise.

Well, they did. In 2007 for the promo shows and the first tour (European Tour) they opened with One Step Closer. After Berlin I was like WTF and said that was the worst idea ever. I finally saw OSC open and I know it's a riot and I liked it, but I really prefer it closing. Anyway on PR07 they had 3 setlists with 3 different openers - OSC, No More Sorrow and Wake/Given Up. That continued for the rest of 2007. In 2008 they finally threw in What I've Done so the 3 openers were NMS, WID and W/GU. 2009 had Session/Given Up opening. New Divide was in the encore. I say New Divide opens this year. I'm not a big fan of a new song opening because I like the crowd to blow the fuck up and know the first song and go crazy to it.

EDIT: Rotating setlist guess after I read Astat's post: New Divide for one and the other 2, previous LP singles that have never opened. Breaking The Habit, Faint, Crawling...something like that.

New intro into Don't Stay. So powerful and gets everyone going.

Only problem is that it isn't a single, and the non-single songs unfortunately don't seem to have much hope now-a-days.

I'm going with a new song.

I'd say New Divide too even if i hate the song and don't want it to be played on the upcoming touring cycle. The reason is simple. If LP does shows like Joe Hahn recently said then there could be laser effects for that one. I'd love to see With You/Session->GU opening again though...

Edited by sckofelng

EDIT: Rotating setlist guess after I read Astat's post: New Divide for one and the other 2, previous LP singles that have never opened. Breaking The Habit, Faint, Crawling...something like that.

edgefest 08 was with BTH opener!

I personally hope for No more Sorrow as i haven't seen it as opener yet and i think it is 20 times more powerful as the first song than just in the mix with other songs somewhere randomly in the setlist. So one time plz!:D

I have seen them open with WID and session/GU and i'd say both didn't seem as good as OSC and NMS judging by videos

Edited by Derbyster

I'd say New Divide too even if i hate the song and don't want it to be played on the upcoming touring cycle. The reason is simple. If LP does shows like Joe Hahn recently said then there could be laser effects for that one. I'd love to see With You/Session->GU opening again though...

I missed him talking about this, any insight, just some more effects or?

Regarding the poll, it seems New Divide would be a likely canidate for sure (based on already stated reasons it being an immensely successful single, newer, etc) it would get the crowd hyped right off the bat. I can tell you one think though, their NOT going to open with One Step Closer, anyone who thinks they honestly will needs to have their head examined.

Edited by cstebila

isn't that what joe said like in late 2008?

Yeah, but I'm thinking the reason it wasn't put into place for the 09 tour is because that was sort of a tour-on-a-whim because of the success of New Divide.

I think it will be a new song, however new divide will be awesome as an opening song.

I think they will change setlists around, for example, the two nights at the o2 london will probably have different opening songs.