Mike's New Tease

Jay_Sensei

Poor Rick Rubin lol seriously no one leaves the guy alone.

it seems nowadays Rick Rubin produces just about anything, especially from dead artists, like Johnny Cash (yes he is rumored to do ANOTHER album)

Now all we need is Rick Rubin to produce Gary Coleman's lost album Whatchutalkinbout?

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.. :lol:

For the hell of it I've tried random LP bits but I haven't had any luck, as I expected.

:(

i tried HT anniversary but not :(

I sure YOU ARE Right !

the gif image For sure i believe it hides another image ...

I'm just not going to check back for another week.

Edit: If you guys feel like listening to some LP remixes to hold you

over until more news reaches the surface, check out the links in my sig.

Edited by Jack

Y'know guys, not to discredit everything everyone is doing trying to crack this... but how are we certain that there's something to crack at all? For all we know it could just be a GIF with no strings attached.

I'm really starting to think there isn't much to this GIF at all. :P

Edited by Spin

Y'know guys, not to discredit everything everyone is doing trying to crack this... but how are we certain that there's something to crack at all? For all we know it could just be a GIF with no strings attached.

I'm really starting to think there isn't much to this GIF at all. :P

Because that's too boring? :lol:

We from Linkin Park Italy tried EVERYTHING, with every password on every frame...we did everything about steganography, and that's what we obtained: nothing.

I myself tried also to crack the gif's password, replacing the last 20 hex codes with other "custom" 20, but still nothing.

So we stopped to work on steganography and started to work on the graphic side. We honestly don't think that Mike would bring us to crack passwords or stuff like that, and every password we tried isn't correct, so...

I'm 101% sure that this game IS easier than we think it is to solve , a kind of game who also the "n00b-est" guy on this crazy planet can solve, even if it's hard to find the correct way to solve it.

Anyway, we all are still working on this easy but hard (?) game.

Edited by Renji

We from Linkin Park Italy tried EVERYTHING, with every password on every frame...we did everything about steganography, and that's what we obtained: nothing.

I myself tried also to crack the gif's password, replacing the last 20 hex codes with other "custom" 20, but still nothing.

So we stopped to work on steganography and started to work on the graphic side. We honestly don't think that Mike would bring us to crack passwords or stuff like that, and every password we tried isn't correct, so...

I'm 101% sure that this game IS easier than we think it is to solve , a kind of game who also the "n00b-est" guy on this crazy planet can solve, even if it's hard to find the correct way to solve it.

Anyway, we all are still working on this easy but hard (?) game.

we have just to wait .... ;)

Good Job anyway ! ;)

Hey guys, first post here, so have mercy, lol

but i was looking at some stuff, and could the image be reversed sstv stuff? (sstv is this thing that amateur radio jockeys use to convert images to sound, and then send the sound out so other radio jockeys can convert the sound and see the pictures they were sent) So what if mike took a song or sound file and converted it to a .gif? is that plausible at all?

(an example of this in action: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSTV#Media, the sound file is converted into that picture).

Edited by skamal

does this help with ANYTHING? it tells about how messages may be encoded into a GIF

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/oldstuff/secretgif/

Interesting..

So what if mike took a song or sound file and converted it to a .gif? is that plausible at all?

Wouldn't it just be in one image and not a 13 frame animated file?

But yes, we're probably over-thinking this whole thing. That doesn't mean that I'll stop over-complicating things for myself. :lol:

just thinking... this hidden file stuff people are talking about...

do we even know if there's a file?

what i mean is.. surely if you need a password, you've gotta know that there's a file to need a password for in the first place??

if there's definitely a file, we know that that's what we gotta crack and can stop pworrying about everything else?

anyone following? haha!

just thinking... this hidden file stuff people are talking about...

do we even know if there's a file?

what i mean is.. surely if you need a password, you've gotta know that there's a file to need a password for in the first place??

if there's definitely a file, we know that that's what we gotta crack and can stop pworrying about everything else?

anyone following? haha!

No, we don't. We're just wingin' it..

As a placeholder/something that will be updated in the next few days/something to generate excitement? It's obvious there's nothing in it.

It's called Message. I don't think they would call it that if it wasn't an actual message in some way.

If it were called Message, it would be a really cheesy and uncreative title. LP can do better and (hopefully) will do better.

I'm not talking about the album title. This gif animation is called "Message."

For those saying "blarg there's nothing there stop being so weird" you could very well be right, but I don't think Mike would call the animation "message" if that isn't what it is.

It has to have some type of meaning to it.