News

hahninator

Well, apparently Japanese TV showed Milton Keynes today on TV, and it was webcasted.

Noone really told me about this, so I had no idea, or else I would have recorded it for you all. Oh well, the DVD comes out in November, so we'll see that anyway.

Next, Linkin Park is planning to do a concept album for the next CD. For those of you who don't know what one is, a concept album is a CD centered around one idea or one theme. The only disadvantage I can see with doing one is that you won't have such a wide variety of songs on the album, like 'Hands Held High' talking about Iraq, 'The Little Things Give You Away' talking about New Orleans, and 'In Pieces' talking about Chester's divorce with Sam. I'm interested in seeing what the theme is for the 4th album.....

"Bennington is mum on details -- "I'm not sure I'm allowed to say what the big plan is," he notes -- but tells Billboard.com that Linkin Park "never envisioned ourselves doing a concept record, but we see an opportunity to do something really cool so we jumped on it, and we'll see how it comes out. I think it's a challenge and we'll see if we can rise to the occasion.""

Concept album? My favorite is Year Zero by Nine Inch Nails...go check that one out. What are your thoughts on this? I think it will be excellent....sounds really cool.

More news coming soon. I have a sad story to tell sometime soon too. No, it's not about me and the world is not coming to an end, but I thought it would deserve it's own post.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please explain to me what a "concept" album is? I will have a better understanding of what the band are going to be doing in the future.

concept album means its an album that pretty much tells a story through the lyrics

like the black parade from MCR that told the story of a cancer patient who died at a young age

coheed and cambria's albums are ALL concept albums.

wikipedia definition

Jump to: navigation, search

In popular music, a concept album is an album which is "unified by a theme, which can be instrumental, compositional, narrative, or lyrical".[1] Most often they are pre-planned (conceived) and with all songs contributing to a single overall theme or unified story, this plan or story being the concept. This is in contrast to the standard practice of an artist or group releasing an album consisting of a number of unconnected (lyrically or otherwise) songs performed by the artist. Given that the suggestion of something as vague as an overall mood often tags a work as being a concept album, a precise definition of the term proves problematic.

OK so what a concept album is is an album that tells a story or is just one big song that is split into other songs. My favorite is Coheed and Cambria's four part concept album. What they did is take one big story split it into four albums and then split that into different songs. each album was a different genre too. usually bands stick to one genre when concepting but some mix it up. year zero was pretty good though.

The only disadvantage I can see with doing one is that you won't have such a wide variety of songs on the album, like 'Hands Held High' talking about Iraq, 'The Little Things Give You Away' talking about New Orleans, and 'In Pieces' talking about Chester's divorce with Sam. I'm interested in seeing what the theme is for the 4th album.....

I am not sure, but isn´t No More Sorrow against George Bush? Only a guess.

September 04th, 2008 posted by Hahninator

"LPTimes reports that the Milton Keynes Linkin Park show will be broadcast on a Japanese TV station called "WOWOW" on October 28 at 1 pm. Does this mean there's no DVD of the show like the rumors said? Can anyone record this?

Hopefully it'll show up on other TV stations...."

October 28th, 2008 posted by Hahninator

"Well, apparently Japanese TV showed Milton Keynes today on TV, and it was webcasted.

Noone really told me about this, so I had no idea, or else I would have recorded it for you all. Oh well, the DVD comes out in November, so we'll see that anyway."

=/ :( Unless you meant....no one told you about the webcast...then I might not cry so much. lol Anyone record this? Seriously? Please say yes?

Edited by rav0k

=/ :( Unless you meant....no one told you about the webcast...then I might not cry so much. lol Anyone record this? Seriously? Please say yes?

Of course that's what I meant, silly. I had no idea it was webcasted. I knew it was on TV today but not webcast.

Of course that's what I meant, silly. I had no idea it was webcasted. I knew it was on TV today but not webcast.

I was just giving you hell man lol Do you know if they aired the whole entire show or just a few songs?

Inhuman Rampage by Dragonforce and American Idiot by Green Day are also concept albums.

Really? I never knew that about Inhuman Rampage. American Idiot I guess is considered a concept album, but I usually use concept album to refer to an album that tells a story, not just one who's songs all have the same theme.

i was wondering about this "concept" and i conclude which the theme for this album will be the skeleton of glorious excess, he is a caracter and would fit pretty well in a record

but personally, i don't like this kind of a record =/

lp will become boriiiiiing doing this

It's great that M2M has left LP feeling confident enough to try another experiment with their music, can't wait to hear it!! Also for those of you who haven't yet read, or don't have time to read the full article, Chester Bennington stated that he is about finshed with his solo album and...

Bennington also hopes "to do as much touring as possible" to promote the solo album but adds that he's wary of "putting myself in a situation where I can't finish the Linkin Park record because I'm supposed to be on a tour. It's a really delicate kind of balancing act I'm gonna try to pull off here."

This particular quote kinda sounds familiar, did he already say that he wanted to tour w/ DBS in another interview? And C. also has to remember that Julien-K has a tight schedule now too, once their album comes out they will be performing full length shows, not just the few songs they have out now.

albums which howard benson produced

Apocalyptica - 'Worlds Collide'(2007)

Adema - Unstable (2003)

AM Radio - Radioactive (2003)

Bang Tango - Psycho Café (1989)

Blindside - Silence (2002); About a Burning Fire (2004)

Body Count - Violent Demise: The Last Days (1997)

Cold - Year of the Spider (2003)

Crazy Town - Darkhorse (2002)

Daughtry - Daughtry (2006)

Dead By Sunrise - Dead By Sunrise (2009)

Depswa - Two Angels and a Dream (2003)

Dislocated Styles - Pin The Tail On The Honky (2001)

Far Too Jones- Shame and Her Sister (2000)

Flyleaf - Flyleaf (2005)

Gavin Degraw - Gavin Degraw (2008)

Grinspoon - Thrills, Kills & Sunday Pills (2004)

Hawthorne Heights - Fragile Future (2008)

Head Automatica - Popaganda (2006)

Hoobastank - The Reason (2003); Every Man for Himself (2006)

Less Than Jake - Hello Rockview (1998); In With the Out Crowd (2006)

Lucky Boys Confusion - Throwing The Game (2001)

Mae - Singularity (2007)

Masi - Downtown Dreamers (1988)

Meriwether - Sons of Our Fathers (2008)

Motörhead - Bastards (1993); Sacrifice (1995); Overnight Sensation (1996); Snake Bite Love (1998)

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (2004);

Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder (2004); The Paramour Sessions (2006)

PAX217 - Twoseventeen (2000)

P.O.D. - The Fundamental Elements of Southtown (1999);Satellite (2001); Payable on Death (2003)

Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather Boyz with Electric Toyz (1989)

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus 2008 (in production)

Reveille - Bleed The Sky (2001)

Relient K - Five Score and Seven Years Ago (2007)

Saosin - Saosin (2006)

Seether - Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces (2007)

Sepultura - Against (1998)

Single File - Title-To-Be-Announced (2007)

Sound The Alarm - Stay Inside (2007)

Skindred - Babylon (2002)

Switched - Subject to Change (2002)

Theory of a Deadman - Gasoline (2005), Scars & Souvenirs (2008)

The All-American Rejects - Move Along (2005)

The Buzzhorn - Disconnected (2002)

The Ernies - Meson Ray (1999)

The Starting Line - Based on a True Story (2005);Direction (2007)

Third Day - Revelation (2008)

Three Days Grace - One-X (2006)

Vendetta Red - Sisters of the Red Death (2005)

Zebrahead - Waste of Mind (1998); Playmate of the Year (2000); Phoenix (2008)

_______

in black are which i like, so, i hope he produces lp next album :D