News

hahninator

Just wondering...are N.E.R.D. and Jay-Z gonna be like special features on the dvd or somethin like that

Jay-Z will obviously appear in Numb/Encore and Jigga What/Faint. As for N.E.R.D., we can only guess that they are on a special feature (like a PR behind the scenes or something, which I think is supposed to be about 40 mins long). I'll assume you noticed their names at the end of the credits.

Also just noticed that some footage of them went onto Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5sds-SrbU

Phoenix gets credited by his full name - David "Phoenix" Farrell

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay-Z will obviously appear in Numb/Encore and Jigga What/Faint. As for N.E.R.D., we can only guess that they are on a special feature (like a PR behind the scenes or something, which I think is supposed to be about 40 mins long). I'll assume you noticed their names at the end of the credits.

Also just noticed that some footage of them went onto Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5sds-SrbU

Phoenix gets credited by his full name - David "Phoenix" Farrell

Thats what I meant cause I saw the N.E.R.D. AND some of Jay-Z's sets on the WOWOW recordings(posted a few pages back)

Weezer is bad. Lp's concept will be better than that.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! No offense to LP as I like them but NOTHING LP has ever written can touch Pinkerton. Not even close. Weezer isn't bad...at all. You're probably just an idiot who's only heard Beverly Hills(one of Weezer fan's least favorite songs) and We Are All On Drugs(probably their LEAST favorite) and has never heard the pure musical greatness that are "Across The Sea", "Butterfly", "Susanne", "Holiday", "Only in Dreams", "Pig", "No One Else", "In The Garage", "Undone", "Buddy Holly", "Falling For You", "Why Bother?", "Getchoo", "Tired of Sex", "Pink Triangle", "El Scorcho", "No Other One", "You Gave Your Love To Me Softly", "Superfriend" and the dozens other of awesomenss that Weezer delivered. But go on and think what you want, even though you're dead wrong. The album was voted in the top 20 greatest albums of ALL TIME. ALL TIME by Rolling Stone. I don't see any LP album on there...do you? I wonder why. Once again not a diss but LP isn't a musically talented band, they're just fun to listen to. But Brad isn't a great guitarist, chester isn't a great singer, mike isn't a great keyboardist/guitarist, Rob is a terrible drummer, Hahn has never impressed me, Phoenix is one of the safest bass players ever. But somehow when meshed together they work alright which baffles me and is probably one of my main fascinations with this band...how they are a group of sub-par musicians that put out a decent album(MTM). HT & Meteora were what I'd expect from them - shallow lyrics, easy guitar, shitty bass, rob's shafty drumming, and lots of shitty screaming. MTM impressed me though. I'm anxious to see what they pull out for the next album though. While it certainly won't be another Pinkerton(though I'd love to hear another album that touches me the way that one does by ANY band so don't think I'm saying I don't hope they will, I'm simply saying they're not capable)but maybe they'll improve and wind up being a decent rock band in a few years instead of the last soldiers of this shitty sub-genre called nu-metal that came into fad but is on it's way out. I'm not going to lie though, while i do have this fascination with MTM Linkin Park and how they managed to pull it out I immensely dislike Hybrid Theory/Meteora and I'd probably rank that-era Linkin Park 3rd on the 3 shittiest bands of the 21st century - 1. Slipknot, 2. Korn, 3. Linkin Park. But yeah, I hated to turn this into a rant but I had to explain my views depthfully and explain that I'm not trying to diss LP and turn everything into pro-Weezer but they are the measuring stick of music for me and i'm going to compare everythign I hear to Blue/Pinkerton and as of yet i haven't heard ANYTHING that stands up to it.

In response to Josh's comments about the individual members of LP:

Chester: Has developed and changed as a singer over the years. A good comparison is of his screaming on Lying From You - compare 2003 to 2007/08, and I see that Chester has lost his 'golden touch' in terms of his vocal ability. He's quite temperamental live - his voice is so haunting on TLYGYA, yet he always manages to butcher LOATR.

Mike: He's too multi skilled that he doesn't really excel at anything, but I thinks he genuinely tried to improve and develop during the MTM writing process. Hoping for more genius moments from Mike.

Phoenix: May as well not be in the band at the moment. He needs to get everyone to starting calling him Dave again, turn up his bass, and actually do something on stage during the live shows!

Brad: Yeah, he's not that great with guitar. At least on MTM he's shown he can do more than just power chords, and he can actually pull off the In Pieces solo live, so that's promising. As long as he sticks to stuff he can play, he's fine.

Rob: Can't say that Rob's terrible, in fact he seems to be pretty solid most of the time. It's probably more LP's style that contributes to what he actually plays. Or maybe that he simply over practices songs and it loses that creative aspect (eg TLTGYA - referring to the MTM making of DVD).

Joe: Has enough turntablism skill for anything that LP would require, but that's it. I imagine that during the early Xero/Hybrid Theory days Joe would have had a real passion for scratching and developing his skill (and With You shows the result of that). As the nu-metal phase past, and LP moved to write MTM, Joe kinda got left to push buttons (although I would be extremely interested to know what scratching was on the MTM tracks prior to the mixing stage). Since I can't see there being a large amount of scratching on the next album, I'd go as far as suggesting that Joe could try playing another instrument (possibly guitar, which would get him off his riser and allow him to go to the front of the stage for a change. Or maybe that is a bit extreme.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! No offense to LP as I like them but NOTHING LP has ever written can touch Pinkerton.

Goes to check record sales....oh it doesn't look pretty for weezer.

But go on and think what you want, even though you're dead wrong. The album was voted in the top 20 greatest albums of ALL TIME. ALL TIME by Rolling Stone.

I don't see any LP album on there...do you?

Because Rolling Stone is the know all of music :rolleyes:

Once again not a diss but LP isn't a musically talented band, they're just fun to listen to.

chester isn't a great singer

You've got to be fucking kidding me? Chester has an incredible vocal range. He's respected by both metal and pop fans. Not many rock singers can warrant that kind of diverse praise.

mike isn't a great keyboardist/guitarist

Mike is a rapper. Ever heard of fort minor? Probably not. Well noob let me explain this to you. Mike is a multitalented guitarist/keyboard/piano/rapper/singer/writer/producer. Mike is recognized in the rap community as well as the rock community. He's played on stage with jay-z( biggest rap act alive) and Metallica( biggest rock act ). The problem here is you are not aware with mike's work besides lp's album songs.

Rob is a terrible drummer

I've listened to hundreds of live dsp's of Linkin Park shows and not once have I heard Rob mess up. In fact his bleed it out solo's are pretty fucking good. I guess you haven't even seen a live show before.

Hahn has never impressed me

Once again, I really do not think you're aware of his great work he's done. On mtm you can't really hear his work. Hahn is a good turntablist. Most dj's out there would admit the same, he's well respected.

But somehow when meshed together they work alright which baffles me and is probably one of my main fascinations with this band...how they are a group of sub-par musicians that put out a decent album(MTM)

You're saying MTM is the only album you like from lp? :blink:

. HT & Meteora were what I'd expect from them - shallow lyrics, easy guitar, shitty bass, rob's shafty drumming, and lots of shitty screaming.

So you're in to soft, progressive music. Thats cool, of course you wouldn't like screaming or fast paced rap. Which in case you can't possibly appreciate all the talent they bring to the table. Chester has a very rare screaming voice and mike has a nice flow for any mc.

I'm not going to lie though, while i do have this fascination with MTM Linkin Park and how they managed to pull it out I immensely dislike Hybrid Theory/Meteora and I'd probably rank that-era Linkin Park 3rd on the 3 shittiest bands of the 21st century - 1. Slipknot, 2. Korn, 3. Linkin Park.

You cannot label music by nu-metal or whatever you were. Songs like my december, numb, breaking the habit, one step closer and crawling were no where near being that. It seems as though you follow the popular music, and since lp's old genre is no longer popular you didn't like it.

I find it a little ridiculous that the sky keeps changing from light to darker because they changed the order

Uhh...they didn't change the order.

But Brad isn't a great guitarist, chester isn't a great singer, mike isn't a great keyboardist/guitarist, Rob is a terrible drummer, Hahn has never impressed me, Phoenix is one of the safest bass players ever.

HT & Meteora were what I'd expect from them - shallow lyrics, easy guitar, shitty bass, rob's shafty drumming, and lots of shitty screaming.

I immensely dislike Hybrid Theory/Meteora and I'd probably rank that-era Linkin Park 3rd on the 3 shittiest bands of the 21st century - 1. Slipknot, 2. Korn, 3. Linkin Park.

May I kindly ask you what the hell you're even doing on a Linkin Park website?

Edited by Astat

josh, let me break it down for ya buddy.....aight?? you......................*long pause*...................suck! (no concept here!)

get the fuck outta here. not coz you're being a dick for even registering yourself for a lp "fan"site, but more so because you actually have no idea what lp is about, and that's a weezer fan telling you. opinions are one thing, mud-slinging is another.

a present for u guys~

here is the download link to the WOWOW Boardcast~

DOWNLOAD

according to the uploader,

link only valid for 2 days~

grab it fast~ =)

Astat will be making an torrent to it.. ;)

EDIT:

link hav been remove for personal reason..

will be bak in an hours.. =)

EDIT2:

Uploader is an Japanese,

Uploader said the link is valid for 2 days..

but i m not sure if the Uploader is talking abt the .zip file only valid 2 days..

Edited by LPLiveYiLong

a present for u guys~

DOWNLOAD

grab it fast~ =)

lol....a Rick Roll at it's finest. THERE IS NOTHING THERE AT ALL! WHY OH WHY!! T_T lol...but yeah. The link broke somehow. Fix it? :D THanks!!!

lol....a Rick Roll at it's finest. THERE IS NOTHING THERE AT ALL! WHY OH WHY!! T_T lol...but yeah. The link broke somehow. Fix it? :D THanks!!!

ahaha..

this is not an Rick Roll.. ;)

so stay tune.. :)

Edited by LPLiveYiLong

I'm downloading the video right now, I asked YiLong to not post the link solely because it'd just slow things down for everybody if a bunch of people jumped on and started downloading it at the same time. I'll torrent it as soon as I finish downloading it, don't worry.

And I THINK this is a DVD-quality rip, or at least high quality MPG or something like that. It's 883 MB, and that's in a .zip file.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! No offense to LP as I like them but NOTHING LP has ever written can touch Pinkerton. Not even close. Weezer isn't bad...at all. You're probably just an idiot who's only heard Beverly Hills(one of Weezer fan's least favorite songs) and We Are All On Drugs(probably their LEAST favorite) and has never heard the pure musical greatness that are "Across The Sea", "Butterfly", "Susanne", "Holiday", "Only in Dreams", "Pig", "No One Else", "In The Garage", "Undone", "Buddy Holly", "Falling For You", "Why Bother?", "Getchoo", "Tired of Sex", "Pink Triangle", "El Scorcho", "No Other One", "You Gave Your Love To Me Softly", "Superfriend" and the dozens other of awesomenss that Weezer delivered. But go on and think what you want, even though you're dead wrong. The album was voted in the top 20 greatest albums of ALL TIME. ALL TIME by Rolling Stone. I don't see any LP album on there...do you? I wonder why. Once again not a diss but LP isn't a musically talented band, they're just fun to listen to. But Brad isn't a great guitarist, chester isn't a great singer, mike isn't a great keyboardist/guitarist, Rob is a terrible drummer, Hahn has never impressed me, Phoenix is one of the safest bass players ever. But somehow when meshed together they work alright which baffles me and is probably one of my main fascinations with this band...how they are a group of sub-par musicians that put out a decent album(MTM). HT & Meteora were what I'd expect from them - shallow lyrics, easy guitar, shitty bass, rob's shafty drumming, and lots of shitty screaming. MTM impressed me though. I'm anxious to see what they pull out for the next album though. While it certainly won't be another Pinkerton(though I'd love to hear another album that touches me the way that one does by ANY band so don't think I'm saying I don't hope they will, I'm simply saying they're not capable)but maybe they'll improve and wind up being a decent rock band in a few years instead of the last soldiers of this shitty sub-genre called nu-metal that came into fad but is on it's way out. I'm not going to lie though, while i do have this fascination with MTM Linkin Park and how they managed to pull it out I immensely dislike Hybrid Theory/Meteora and I'd probably rank that-era Linkin Park 3rd on the 3 shittiest bands of the 21st century - 1. Slipknot, 2. Korn, 3. Linkin Park. But yeah, I hated to turn this into a rant but I had to explain my views depthfully and explain that I'm not trying to diss LP and turn everything into pro-Weezer but they are the measuring stick of music for me and i'm going to compare everythign I hear to Blue/Pinkerton and as of yet i haven't heard ANYTHING that stands up to it.

You've obviously never been in a band yourself. Writing complex stuff, and showing off doesn’t make you a good band. I hate this misconception. You don't know SHIT about how skilled the guys from LP are. But it dosn't matter. People are thinking TOO FUCKING much about how skilled you are as a player. Everybody can learn playing guitar like Slash, it's just technique. That's a common opinion for people like me who are also listening to classical. It's just technique. Writing the stuff is the hard part. You sound like all those faggot guitar players on YouTube saying: Linkin Park stuff is fucking easy, I learned 5 of their songs today, such a bad band. Okay? If they're that bad, write it yourself. You know how big of a difference there is to writing stuff or just playing it? The blend of power chords and octaves on most of LP songs are brilliant, not hard to play, but brilliant. But yeah, writing it is were the talent is shown.

I'm a guitarist, you might have guessed it. People respect guitar solo's too much. I don't know if that band of yours, weiner, or whatever it's called do solo's, but you're saying they're bad at their instruments just because they're not showing off. Here's my response retard:

In my band, ripping off a fast solo is the easiest way out. Soloing is WAAAY too overrated. Writing something that actually sounds good is much harder, but the result will be better. You're not supposed to show off in a band, not in my opinion, you're supposed to play together. Okay, you are allowed show off sometimes, but only when it's really appropriate. That's something LP at least understands.

The truth is Rock n' Roll has always been simple and easy to play on ALL instruments. If you take the solo out of a random rock song you get a easy and simple song, you get LP. But you also get a good song, which is not wasting time on idiotic melodies.

And saying LP is one of the worst bands of the century. I lolled. How about this? LP is STILL the best selling band of the century. The numbers talks for themselves. I'm not saying sales means a band is great. But it means a whole lot more than some shitty magazine based on a couple of screwed up journalists opinions.

Edited by Fleur de Lys

a present for u guys~

DOWNLOAD

grab it fast~ =)

EDIT:

EDIT2:

Uploader is an Japanese,

Uploader said the link is valid for 2 days..

but i m not sure if the Uploader is talking abt the .zip file only valid 2 days..

link will be bak in 20mins~!!!!!!!

i think this is an " [LPLive.net EXCLUSIVE] Linkin Park -Live From Milton Keynes- Projekt Revolution 2008 WOWOW Rip! "

Edited by LPLiveYiLong

[LPLive.net EXCLUSIVE]

Linkin Park

-Live From Milton Keynes-

Projekt Revolution 2008 WOWOW Rip!

Direct Download

Fomat: .VRO

Play in: VLC Player

Size: 883MB

Torrent

Fomat: .VOB

Play in: VLC Player, PowerDVD, etc.

Size: 4.83GB

Credit:

fufunsmith (Taper + Uploader)

LPLiveYiLong (Spreader)

Astat (Converter + Torrent Uploader)

Edited by LPLiveYiLong

.VRO is a pretty ugly file type, I'm converting it over to actual DVD format right now. Also, the taper started their DVR/whatever they recorded with early, so about the first 10 minutes isn't LP. I'm gonna try to split that part off.

Edited by Astat