No LP @ Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2010

Nameless

According to Festivalisten.de Linkin Park will NOT play at Rock am Ring/Rock im Park 2010. Against all rumors and declarations, especially made by Mike at the Gräfenhainichen Meet&Greet, denied MLK (the festival organizer) Linkin Park's participation at the 25th edition of the rockspectacle on the Nürburgring in Germany. Other Bands that were denied by MLK are Blink182, Green Day and the Beatsteaks, but Rammstein was confirmed as headliner.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No LP - ok, but not even green day? This festival will suck... IMO Rammstein aren't that great.

But I already thought so since the new LP album was kind of announced for june - A show with the new tracks before the Album comes out... I wouldn't like that.

But it's not necessarily bad. LP will go on tour due to the release of the new Album and i will attend on every concert around Switzerland - if possible ^^

@Janek: Totally agree xD

Edited by Jacrid

that sucks to hear -_- i got my ticket already for it, hmm what will i do now? maybe i wait for new band anouncements and if it still sucks, i will sell my ticket for RaR2010 -.-

EDIT: so they broke the 3 years rule, thats really bad!!

You're right  :unsure:

Too bad. But who needs festivals like these when they do a badass German/European Project Rev? ;)

At least that's what I make of this news. Would be only reasonable after the success last year ...

yeah a PR-tour across Germany/Europe would be awesome!! hope they do it again next year and NOT ONLY US PR^^

that sucks to hear -_- i got my ticket already for it, hmm what will i do now? maybe i wait for new band anouncements and if it still sucks, i will sell my ticket for RaR2010 -.-

EDIT: so they broke the 3 years rule, thats really bad!!

I already bought mine too.. too bad. And I hoped to see Beatsteaks at RaR too.. :(

The only true PR was in the states. Sorry tht what I think.

That's true.

Rock am Ring/Rock im Park is getting more and more expensive, and solo shows are a million times better than festival shows in my opinion.

The only true PR was in the states. Sorry tht what I think.

Here they don't even have the proper venues/locations for it, to do a real PR tour. But I don't need several stages. Other good bands is a nice benefit but I go there to see LP.

heeeey... don't be too sad... if i were you, i wouldn't sell my ticket just because LP's not playing... there'll be TONS of other great bands...

and i guess, Rammstein will do a special performance, since they were announced as headliners pretty early and the two festivals have anniversaries to celebrate... and what about metallica, guys?? they're worth going there... IMO... ;)

i personally am thinking about going to Rock im Park and i hope, that the subways will be there. they're kick-ass live!!

I seriously doubt MLK has all the bands booked for the festival already, it's still over 6 months away. The participation of any of those bands could likely change.

F*ck!!! :angry: :( The album they means will not let out. :angry: Though probably also will let out but to Russia will not arrive.

This has absolutely no bearing on the album release whatsoever.

Though it sucks LP won't headline, if Blink182 or Green Day headlined RAR then it would just be a joke. They'd have to probably cancel their sets for their own safety. They are good bands, but they are FAR from metal acts. Seriously tho, just cuz LP isn't headlining doesn't mean it's not worth going especially with RAMMSTEIN and metallica as headliners. XD

Though it sucks LP won't headline, if Blink182 or Green Day headlined RAR then it would just be a joke. They'd have to probably cancel their sets for their own safety. They are good bands, but they are FAR from metal acts. Seriously tho, just cuz LP isn't headlining doesn't mean it's not worth going especially with RAMMSTEIN and metallica as headliners. XD

because lp is such a big metal band -.-

half of the set is popish or softer so...

Who said they are pure Metal or Rock festivals? They have all kinds of music genres, there are always a couple Hip Hop acts for example, that's why it's so popular not only because it has the biggest bands.