No LP @ Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2010

Nameless

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Muse is starting to get bigger here in the US. They're slated to play SNL in December, they got a slot on the VMAs in September I believe, and they're planning an arena tour in the spring. They've headlined Austin City Limits and Lollapalooza, as well as Almost Acoustic Christmas (in 2007, and again this year), all that means they're getting fairly big here.

But again, it all comes down to territory. Muse is having a stadium tour next summer in Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, and the UK (that's all that's been announced so far, anyway). LP is bigger here, yeah, but Muse is far more popular all over Europe.

Edited by Spin

no...Muse is bigger than LP...Muse sold more than 50 milion albums and won various grammys! :blink:

Of course muse is smaller than Linkin Park...

...somebody will post under me saying that sales don´t classify a band status and bla bla.... but Muse is smaller and even they now that. You can see it in Festivals when Linkin Park play Headline spots and Muse don´t (e.g Rock am Ring 2007)

Hey! Don't knock down Muse. They are awesome! :lol: Who cares how many album they've sold or who headlines over who.

Paramore are decent but don't really stand out musically or aesthetically for that matter. Knock down all you want. Just leave Muse out of it. ;)

U2 and madonna can still sell out any venue even though they have brought out nothing but crap the last few years, its because they established them self in the 80's and 90's with big albums and thus got a huge following and became 'household names'. LP has only been around for a decade since HT, so you cant really expect them to be able to get draw 50000+ people anywhere.

And even though lp are very energetic live, chesters voice just aint that good live, some people want the band they support to sound exactly like they do on the albums.

Very opinionated and totally incorrect, especially about U2. Also wrong about LP's crowd sizes and Chester's voice.

they do play a old song every now and then but only after we beg them and make petitions and banners at live shows.

Incorrect again.

The thing is though, they stopped playing older songs (This is in LP's view, as stated by Mike) They dont sound good live. Two of those were Hit The Floor and Nobodys Listening.

They didn't stop playing older songs.

LP is bigger here, yeah, but Muse is far more popular all over Europe.

No.

yeah muse sold wembley out 2 nights in a row, they are a very good live band. Bit their success is limited to the UK.

LP also sold out the O2 2 nights in a row.

i don't like muse, they are too boring, and i hate the vocalist's voice

they became famous outside uk because twilight sountrack

Last time I checked, Muse's breakthrough hit in the U.S. was Time is Running Out, which came out a good FIVE YEARS before the Twlight soundtrack.

Chester's is one of the best live singers currently. And i mean, don't listen to it on recording or on youtube. I mean actually be their LIVE like it is supposed to sound. Never listen to a live show in headphones and expect to be blown away, thats what the ALBUM is for.

• 2 weeks later...

Julien-K for Rock am Ring 2010, please! God, I would love to see them tear it up in the Soundwave Tent :) Or how about DBS? I know it's very unlikely and I would rather have JK, but if any of these bands get confirmed, I would totally go!

And by the way, Muse and KISS have now been confirmed as the other two headliners apart from Rammstein!