No LP @ Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park 2010

Nameless

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F*ck!!! :angry: :( The album they means will not let out. :angry: Though probably also will let out but to Russia will not arrive.

tht doesn't mean the album won't be out. Maybe they will tour the us first if not oh well we wait. Patience is a virtue my friends

probably will have muse, paramore, strokes, and other smaller bands

i think about lp, they will release the single in may, release the album in june, so they probably go in some tv shows to play, so make a quick tour in europe, no festivals, just closed concerts, something similar mtm tour, and after this a projekt revolution on us

Woah, whats with the hate against Rammstein? Its one of the best live bands ever IMO. What, you want mainstream crap like paramore? Sorry, but Rammstein is pretty much perfect for the festival, don't have to hate them just because LP won't play there. Try going there and find out 3 hours before they cancel(that one was for you nkramar).

Stadium tour in the winter? Are you crazy? It's fucking below 40 right now, if LP played it'd be fucking cold as HELL at the show. Why not arenas?

And this sucks - I was planning on going to Rock am Ring - Ana was organizing a big LP campsite for the festival and everything due to Mike & Phi talking at the Grafen M&G. I still don't believe this 100% though.

Regardless, I still bet there will be June/July European shows and regardless I'll still be at the German shows and surrounding countries.

That really sucks for everyone that bought their tickets already...I would have liked to see LP perform next year too but what are you gonna do? I bet LP will tour Europe first when the new album launches like they always do though, so don't be too bummed out.

U2 and madonna can still sell out any venue even though they have brought out nothing but crap the last few years, its because they established them self in the 80's and 90's with big albums and thus got a huge following and became 'household names'. LP has only been around for a decade since HT, so you cant really expect them to be able to get draw 50000+ people anywhere.

And even though lp are very energetic live, chesters voice just aint that good live, some people want the band they support to sound exactly like they do on the albums.

U2 and madonna can still sell out any venue even though they have brought out nothing but crap the last few years, its because they established them self in the 80's and 90's with big albums and thus got a huge following and became 'household names'. LP has only been around for a decade since HT, so you cant really expect them to be able to get draw 50000+ people anywhere.

And even though lp are very energetic live, chesters voice just aint that good live, some people want the band they support to sound exactly like they do on the albums.

Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?

yes, jokes on you

btw what part do you disagree on?

edit* let me break it down:

U2 and madonna can still sell out any venue(U2 tour, Madonna tour) even though they have brought out nothing but crap the last few years (U2, Madonna) , its because they established them self in the 80's and 90's with big albums (U2, madonna 1, madonna 2) and thus got a huge following and became 'household names'. LP has only been around for a decade since HT (release date was late 2000 so its more like 8 years) , so you cant really expect them to be able to get draw 50000+ people anywhere. (they dont, i think their biggest crowd is about 50000, might be wrong)

And even though lp are very energetic live, chesters voice just aint that good live (everyone knows that, its betetr at times but its never brilliant, its does not mean they are a bad live act though cause they are not), some people want the band they support to sound exactly like they do on the albums.

seems like my post is pretty accurate?

Edited by GraDoN

But why should they play shows with the same old sets? Id rather DBS and Julien-K on tour, LP hasnt got any new material to play. They've already played the same tracks for 3 years running (Excluding Session, and New Divide). I highly doubt that they will play Across The Line. If NRL didnt sound good live and most ppl agree its heaps better than In Between and that somehow got played!

But why should they play shows with the same old sets? Id rather DBS and Julien-K on tour, LP hasnt got any new material to play. They've already played the same tracks for 3 years running (Excluding Session, and New Divide). I highly doubt that they will play Across The Line. If NRL didnt sound good live and most ppl agree its heaps better than In Between and that somehow got played!

even though some bands always play the same stuff live and lp does change theirs, you are correct. They do tend to keep the setlist pretty mainstream and full of singles, i'd love to hear some older songs that made the pre 2004 shows so awesome e.g with you, and one, by myself, hit the floor and so on.

they do play a old song every now and then but only after we beg them and make petitions and banners at live shows.

Well it amazes me that you say chester doesn't sound good live.

And like plz, tell me a band who sounds exactly the same live as in the album version. It is meant to be different and live versions are always better for absolutely every song(Enrique Iglesias songs and performers like that don't count)

ehm wat?? Muse is smaller band?? nice joke man :D :D

no...Muse is bigger than LP...Muse sold more than 50 milion albums and won various grammys! :blink:

Of course muse is smaller than Linkin Park...

...somebody will post under me saying that sales don´t classify a band status and bla bla.... but Muse is smaller and even they now that. You can see it in Festivals when Linkin Park play Headline spots and Muse don´t (e.g Rock am Ring 2007)

no...Muse is bigger than LP...Muse sold more than 50 milion albums and won various grammys! :blink:

Of course muse is smaller than Linkin Park...

...somebody will post under me saying that sales don´t classify a band status and bla bla.... but Muse is smaller and even they now that. You can see it in Festivals when Linkin Park play Headline spots and Muse don´t (e.g Rock am Ring 2007)

it all depends on the territory.

Muse are bigger than Linkin Park in the UK, but that's not consistent throughout the rest of the world.