My Suffering!

Nameless

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ! I wasn't expecting this.

I really like the song. Drums are great but I wish the screams during the chorus were louder.

I love the bridge (1:52 to 2:10). All those electronic effects, the guitar, double bass drum and the amazing 'my suffering' scream was the best part of the song by far.

Can't wait for Let Down and of course the whole album. I'm still till thinking that Walking In Circles is/will be the best song on the record

Edited by danielpsoad-09

fail :P

Yep, I'm really surprised how good and innovative the drumming in the DBS songs is. JK has computer-programmed beats most of the time so I didn't know what Elias is really capable of. :o

Its been long known how insane Elias is on drums. Technical Diff is sick, Kick the bass has great drums, pretty much every JK song.

Heh, heard this and the rest of the album tonight at warner. Love it!

Im also curious to know. If you cant on the board, be sure to accidently give your thoughts in private messages :P

I was really skeptical of this band which i first heard of it. I thought it was going to be a failure... not sales wise, I think chester could careless i'm sure if it sales super great. But i more on the musical side it would be a failure, but i've been wrong so far. Chester has really put out a traditional rock album with the addition of the electronic influence of JK. Chester lyrics beat out about 95% of that LP has come out with.

Edited by FaiNt

The drumming is sick. Never heard anyone using double bass like this before, it's awesome. Also, I like the fact that the tone of the doulbe bass is un-usual, very discant. Love it.

Just a real shame that the song is a rip off of Little Sister by Queens of The Stone Age, but whatever, good song!

I still love this song... But this is definitely going to be a live show band... Just like with Fire and Crawl Back In, this song is way over produced. Too much production IMO. Definitely awesome to be able to hear the studio version now though, this is awesome.

i actually didnt like this song til i heard the studio version

The drumming is sick. Never heard anyone using double bass like this before, it's awesome. Also, I like the fact that the tone of the doulbe bass is un-usual, very discant. Love it.

Just a real shame that the song is a rip off of Little Sister by Queens of The Stone Age, but whatever, good song!

While I do think the intro/main riff. Sound pretty similar, it isn't a rip off

Well, the song is really "Electronic" IMO ........

The question is, Will LP go with a "Similar" Direction???

anyways, IMO, ill rate it 4.5/5 :/

I think that depends on what you mean. I do think the new LP album will be more electronic than the last ones.

But Rick Rubin as a producer likes keeping the vocals and instrumentals as effect-free as possible. So probably just lots of cool keyboard sounds.

As people have said the studio version is way too overproduced and I HATE the drum work on the song. The 08 version, and the live versions this summer sound so much better. The vocals were just raw and the guitars kicked a$$. i usually prefer studio over live tracks, but man MS studio version is such a let down ( no pun intended). i've been looking forward to a studio version SO bad since May 08

As people have said the studio version is way too overproduced and I HATE the drum work on the song. The 08 version, and the live versions this summer sound so much better. The vocals were just raw and the guitars kicked a$. i usually prefer studio over live tracks, but man MS studio version is such a let down ( no pun intended). i've been looking forward to a studio version SO bad since May 08

Agreed. I'm really bummed out because this was the song I was looking forward to and it's just not nearly as good as it used to be.

Really now? I couldn't disagree anymore. Dbs has about the same lyrical quality of one step closer so far.

No, not really. LP and DBS have different styles of lyrics. DBS is more straight-forward, get to the point lyrics, while LP has universal lyrics. DBS is more or less a concept album in itself explaining Chester's life. For example, the lyrics ''You kiss away all of my pain, you wash away these bloody stains, you are to blame, my suffering, you kiss away all of my pain, you wash away these bitter stings, you are to blame, my suffering'' are obviously about his prior drug addiction. Listen to ANY of the lyrics from any of the DBS songs so far and you will realize this. For a second, try to understand that this isn't LP, or really related to LP at all except for it's Chester's project. Don't compare anything to DBS to LP ever and you will have no problem. Don't compare it to FM either, because that is also different. Besides, what makes OSC or the DBS songs suck lyrically, just because you think so? I like the lyrics, therefore they do not suck. You don't like the lyrics, therefore they do suck. Opinions are opinions. What you think sucks may not suck to others.

Honestly, if you really dislike the DBS songs so much, then why even discuss them here? People are really tired of hearing about it here and the LPU. Seriously, does anything satisfy you? You have complained about everything LP has done since Meteora with the exception of the FM project. Obviously LP will not be going back to the HT/Meteora sound nor will FM come out with another album any time soon so honestly if you get these feelings about LP and DBS why are you here?????