Linkin Park - Lost | Out February 10, 2023

PeppePark

10 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

You're kind of wrong, lol. For ATS, there's LeftRight, Monday Meeting, Chicken Basket, and Fucking Awesome (That's all that I know of, anyway). For Living Things, the only one I know of is the fourth Until It Breaks demo with Chester's vocals. For The Hunting Party, the only one I know for that is The Glistening. And for One More Light, there's Friendly Fire, Tidal Wave, My Horizion, and Ricochet (I'm pretty sure there are more, but those are the ones I know of at the moment).

Lol, I just noticed it.

My bad, I meant that we never heard songs from the albums I mentioned, so all the stuff you correctly mentioned could be holy grails, lol my bad 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

True. I wonder what the first verse will be like. Supposedly, the lyrics "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" that were shown in Art of Meteora documentary that Chester scribbled are lyrics to "Lost", according to me and @AJ93. I was wondering these lyrics are a part of the first verse. I guess we'll find out that, the rest of the second verse, and the bridge on Friday.

If you look at this post in the Meteora 20th Anniversary Releases 24th March 2023 topic, you'll see that the part of the sheet that was shown was the lyrics to a part of the second verse and the full demo chorus: 

I think the lyric TTTAMP will be somewhere in middle or later once Lost is available on Friday.

1 hour ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

My bad, I meant that we never heard songs from the albums I mentioned, so all the stuff you correctly mentioned could be holy grails, lol my bad 

You reminded me of how I added all the list of titles on my topic. And @NJPLPI think you'll find something interesting in "Unreleased Songs/Known Titles that didn’t make it to 20th Anniversary Edition" section.

3 hours ago, HFL377 said:

It's in Drop C#, same tuning as the rest of Meteora besides Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, and Nobody's Listening.

I tried to play the song on my guitar tuned to Drop C# and it didn´t sound right, but when I tried in Drop B it sounded good

1 hour ago, rqthomazini said:

New snippet here we go y'all

https://vocaroo.com/1gl5Zamo57a8

How did you get this? Is it real?

6 hours ago, jopevc said:

I tried to play the song on my guitar tuned to Drop C# and it didn´t sound right, but when I tried in Drop B it sounded good

How did you get this? Is it real?

It could be Drop B, to me it sounded like Drop C# with an inverted power chord for the B like they did on Lying from You. Listening back, you're probably right.

9 hours ago, NJPLP said:

C# Minor? Is that the key it's played in?

It's in the key of C minor but I thought the guitars were tuned to Drop C#.

Edited by HFL377
I said it was B minor, I was wrong :p

On 2/6/2023 at 5:46 PM, leftshoe18 said:

I feel like this song could be huge if they release it as a single.

It could. The song was written and recorded 21 years ago but it stands up with the best music currently topping the charts. Lost, even just based on the snippets we've heard so far, could definitely be a huge hit.

22 hours ago, BrandonYancar said:

The preview sounds awesome. Interesting for the song to be in Drop D considering the year it was made

11 hours ago, jopevc said:

Drop D? I believe its in Drop B, just like Don´t Stay and Nobody´s Listening

8 hours ago, HFL377 said:

It's in Drop C#, same tuning as the rest of Meteora besides Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, and Nobody's Listening.

It's in Drop C, the progression is D-F-C-G, the C powerchord isn't inverted, and there are no sliding noises between the chords that would indicate it's in B. Plenty of experimentation with tunings during the Meteora era, this must have just been another one that they used at some point.

Also not unprecedented, as it wouldn't have been that long after Meteora that Mike did Catharsis for the VMAs, and that was in Drop C.