Linkin Park - Lost | Out February 10, 2023

PeppePark

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

Maybe that's why they decided to add the original mix to the CD bundle, to recreate a "What If" with 14 tracks.

PS: besides the obvious cashgrab

I hope LP will make the 2003 version available on music streaming platforms too at release. Unless it’s really gonna be a “secret” on the CD. They didn’t really do that with HT20 so hopefully they won’t with Mt20. It’ll probably make its way on youtube either way.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I hope LP will make the 2003 version available on music streaming platforms too at release. Unless it’s really gonna be a “secret” on the CD. They didn’t really do that with HT20 so hopefully they won’t with Mt20. It’ll probably make its way on youtube either way.

It could end up on streaming, but I think the only reason we're getting this original mix is to juice sales of the deluxe CD. I bet that was easily the worst-performing part of HT20, and in Warner's eyes that's a problem. If you can easily make it more worthwhile to the diehards, why not do it? Aside from it being shitty, I guess.

1 hour ago, gorast said:

It could end up on streaming, but I think the only reason we're getting this original mix is to juice sales of the deluxe CD. I bet that was easily the worst-performing part of HT20, and in Warner's eyes that's a problem. If you can easily make it more worthwhile to the diehards, why not do it? Aside from it being shitty, I guess.

Anything on vinyl nowadays is really hyped, guess they didn't have those troubles with the vinyl box set 

15 hours ago, gorast said:

people were saying on reddit that it probably won’t make it to streaming services but i have my doubts on that. I think the new bonus track will be added onto streaming services like spotify and apple music too. It would seem wrong to make the original version of “Lost” not available to everyone. We’ll see what happens though.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

40 minutes ago, martinez said:

The main question is why they decided to go with the 2023 mix instead of going with the original 2002 mix?

Mike explained it here on this podcast interview starting around 24:30 Mike Shinoda - The FADER Interview (pca.st)

We had it mixed originally by Andy Wallace, after we listened to that in the context of everything, we were like let's give it a new mix

We love Andy to death, he's an absolute legend, and he mixed Hybrid Theory, he mixed Meteora. It wasn't so much about Andy as it was about the sounds that we gave him

We reapproached that mix to make it more presentable for almost like 2023 standards

I finally listened to the track. Wow, the bridge is very interesting, and a showcase of a bunch of different Chester vocals. I think More the Victim might be my favorite of the 3 tracks, but I can totally see why they went w/ Lost as the lead. It's so Chester-focused. 

I think Numb was the better choice for sure, but this might be better than Easier to Run for me. 

Also, the mix is great. I can certainly hear the modern touch on it, mostly in the drums I think. I'm glad they gave it that, and I'm interested to hear how the 2003 mix will sound. 

12 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I finally listened to the track. Wow, the bridge is very interesting, and a showcase of a bunch of different Chester vocals. I think More the Victim might be my favorite of the 3 tracks, but I can totally see why they went w/ Lost as the lead. It's so Chester-focused. 

I think Numb was the better choice for sure, but this might be better than Easier to Run for me. 

Also, the mix is great. I can certainly hear the modern touch on it, mostly in the drums I think. I'm glad they gave it that, and I'm interested to hear how the 2003 mix will sound. 

Yeah compared to the other 2 songs, Lost is the proper “first single”, it’s like a Numb little sister and as you said it’s Chester centered so even occasional fans will be like “oh LP is back with their trademark sound like WID, Numb, ND…”. The other 2 are more a joy for us hardcore fans I guess, I mean, Fighting Myself has Figure 09/Papercut/HTF vibes 

4 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Lost is STILL trending on YouTube. The song is doing so good. Picking up steam is what it looks like. Wow.

I heard the song on the radio this morning, even tho it was a rock radio, it’s always amazing hearing “new” LP from Meteora era on the radio in 2023. Already 22 million on Spotify and nearly 19 on YT. It literally blew up. Still #10 on iTunes after 12 days