Linkin Park - Lost | Out February 10, 2023

PeppePark

NEW LINKIN PARK MUSIC

It's happening, we finally have a title and a release date: "Lost" will be released this Friday, February 10, 2023.
Pre-save it now: lprk.co/lostpresave

"A new, never-before-heard song from the Meteora archives, "Lost" was teased in LPTV (Summer Sanitarium 03) and LPUTV videos over the years, being known by the fans as "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride", due to the lyrics Chester sings in a short clip from The Making Of Meteora.

It's unclear if that part made to the final version of the song, but we're finally getting one of the biggest "holy grail" of Linkin Park's career!

This is just the beginning, we're in for a treat of a big celebration for 20 years of Meteora, stay tuned for more!

In the meantime, you can hear a preview of "Lost" here:

EDIT
Longer teaser (29 seconds):

EDIT
MUSIC VIDEO

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song is so beautiful. I love it and I don't understand how they could hide this masterpiece so many years. I also would like to hear Thoughts That Take Away My Pride version, if that is not in this version. I LOVE LOST AND WHOLE METEORA! EVERY SINGLE SONG AND DEMO IS AMAZING, GREAT AND BEAUTIFUL!!!

then let's celerbate on friday. and remember, Lost is not a demo, it's actually a finalized song, but they didn't add that track to the meteora original album back in 2003. But damn, this is the true holy grail!

23 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

then let's celerbate on friday. and remember, Lost is not a demo, it's actually a finalized song, but they didn't add that track to the meteora original album back in 2003. But damn, this is the true holy grail!

It's basically a b-side to Meteora.

11 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

I'm glad that this song was shelved for 20 years, it makes it even more special! 

It's easy to tell why this song didnt make the cut, they already had 3 *ballads* ETR, BTH and Numb.

I'm glad that Easier To Run made it to the album because it's my favorite Meteora and easiyly part of my top 5.

I also think that, being at that early part of their career they couldn't risk to drift away too much of what was expected from them. AFTER Meteora they gained the privilege of doing whatever they want

So, whats interesting is I always thought of the "Thought that take away my pride" as the chorus but it seems like its either that every chorus in the song is slightly different or the part is the bridge. 

Whats everyone theory on that. Just to kill the time till friday😅

2 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

So, whats interesting is I always thought of the "Thought that take away my pride" as the chorus but it seems like its either that every chorus in the song is slightly different or the part is the bridge. 

Whats everyone theory on that. Just to kill the time till friday😅

It's seeming like that was a demo chorus that they ended up not using.

We’ll probably get at least 10 songs with Chester on vocals within the anniversaries releases, maybe not much with MTM since we got a lot of stuff but we literally have NO unreleased demos/scrapped songs from ATS (excluding Primo) and THP and we know at least 2 titles from OML… fuck yeah 

19 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

We don't even know if Mike has a part

Maybe he does some backing vocals during the verses. You can hear him whisper "Can't break free" when Chester sings "And I'll never break away" in both snippets. 

2 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

We’ll probably get at least 10 songs with Chester on vocals within the anniversaries releases, maybe not much with MTM since we got a lot of stuff but we literally have NO unreleased demos/scrapped songs from ATS (excluding Primo) and THP and we know at least 2 titles from OML… fuck yeah 

You forgot about living things 😂

2 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

You're kind of wrong, lol. For ATS, there's LeftRight, Monday Meeting, Chicken Basket, and Fucking Awesome (That's all that I know of, anyway). For Living Things, the only one I know of is the fourth Until It Breaks demo with Chester's vocals. For The Hunting Party, the only one I know for that is The Glistening. And for One More Light, there's Friendly Fire, Tidal Wave, My Horizion, and Ricochet (I'm pretty sure there are more, but those are the ones I know of at the moment).

2 hours ago, xeroboi said:

You forgot about living things 😂

Lol, I just noticed it.

1 hour ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

It's still the Meteora era, it would be surprising if he raps in the bridge

True. I wonder what the first verse will be like. Supposedly, the lyrics "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" that were shown in Art of Meteora documentary that Chester scribbled are lyrics to "Lost", according to me and @AJ93. I was wondering these lyrics are a part of the first verse. I guess we'll find out that, the rest of the second verse, and the bridge on Friday.

If you look at this post in the Meteora 20th Anniversary Releases 24th March 2023 topic, you'll see that the part of the sheet that was shown was the lyrics to a part of the second verse and the full demo chorus: 

2 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

True. I wonder what the first verse will be like. Supposedly, the lyrics "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" that were shown in Art of Meteora documentary that Chester scribbled are lyrics to "Lost", according to me and @AJ93. I was wondering these lyrics are a part of the first verse. I guess we'll find out that, the second verse and the bridge on Friday.

kinda sound like rap lyrics.