Linkin Park - Lost | Out February 10, 2023

PeppePark

2 minutes ago, EgorN said:

Just listened to the full track.
It sounds very bright, in my opinion it is very different from the rest of the tracks on the album both in sound and mood. I think this track would fit perfectly into some album in 2005 (a little more poppy than Meteora, if of course there was one).

Glad to hear new music with Chester.

Yeah poppier than Meteora, almost OML-Esque in some elements 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, linkindan said:

I feel like this is what the band thought LIVING THINGS sounded like.

If this was on LT and the rest of the album was mixed similarly, it would have been in the top 3 songs on the album.

It’s definitely not a Meteora song, 100% would have cut it too, but it’s not a bad song either.

exactly. this is like the early innovations of what LIVING THINGS sounds will be. that's the reason LOST being dropped from METEORA. imagine if this is the directions LP takes after OML, it will be amazing. OML good but LOST really topped the entire album.

After listening to the song a few times, I can say that... it's awesome! I absolutely love the verses and choruses. They sound fresh, almost like they were recorded last year. My favourite part of the song is the beginning of the second verse, Chester sang the lyrics "I'm tired..." perfectly, in such an emotional way, wow! I'm impressed. The chorus is powerful and catchy. I also enjoy the style of this song - it sounds like a mix of Meteora, Living Things and One More Light and that's something that I didn't expect for sure. I think it might be an effect of the mix that the band decided to do specifically for Meteora 20. It sounds modern, not like a track from 2002. I wonder how the original mix from Meteora sessions sounds like - maybe we'll get it one day ;) I'm not a big fan of the intro. I wish there was something more atmospheric. The bridge is weird but I see that the band was aiming for something memorable and repetitive that would work well at the live shows. I wish we could hear the song live, at least once :(  All in all, it's a great song that I am going to listen to over and over again. It's good to hear Chester again. It's good to hear some 'new' Linkin Park music. I'm excited for what's to come!

Edited by blackout

God bless VPNs 🤣

Enjoyable, though IMO very of-its-time. I can see why it was dropped from the album - though it's easy to say that in hindsight having had Meteora for 20 years! Would have made perfect b-side material though.

I'd be curious as to what the alleged 2002 mix sounds like compared to this, whether it is any closer to the album. Or it's the same and M|20 version is just a remastering.

Like mentioned at the leaked Warner store page: a very VERY good performance by Chester. The second verse is amazing. Lyrics are dark especially now. I wish it would have gotten the Meteora mixing treatment but overall it's AWESOME to have a brand fucking new song with a fresh vocal performance. Great stuff!

Okay so Lost is damn amazing and I’m convinced that it was swapped out for Numb at the last minute because it’s not as great a closer as Numb is but it definitely retains the classic Meteora ballad feel. I for one am glad the chorus was rewritten because you can hear how frustrated chester was with the vocals on making of, he probably thought they were too boring himself haha. Like damn I wanna scream, let me scream instead.

So I’ve had this on repeat for 50 minutes since midnight, and when it just started up again my dog (who’s half named after Chester, incidentally) started growling 😅

We also haven’t been to bed before midnight for the past month or so, so it’s probably cumulative 😅

11 hours ago, IntensityJS said:

I for one am glad the chorus was rewritten because you can hear how frustrated chester was with the vocals on making of, he probably thought they were too boring himself haha. Like damn I wanna scream, let me scream instead.

I mean, have you seen the making of for The Catalyst? Or Collision Course? 😂

4 hours ago, martinez said:

Digital edition: 95 tracks LIT and Notthingham live audio included!

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Where can I see the digital tracklist???

Here's the tracklist and the release date. Praise to reddit.

Artwork of the album cover that was embedded into the official Japanese download that went live at midnight on Friday the 9th, local time. Nothing totally new (except for the white border, maybe?), but seemed worth sharing the first official instance of it being attached to a new music file.

Lost.jpg

Edited by letdownagain

58 minutes ago, letdownagain said:

Artwork of the album cover that was embedded into the official Japanese download that went live at midnight on Friday the 9th, local time. Nothing totally new (except for the white border, maybe?), but seemed worth sharing the first official instance of it being attached to a new music file.

Lost.jpg

It says FRONT COVER on the top, almost invisible (I guess that's why they're using this 'wrong' version? nobody saw it? hehe)

Just now, letdownagain said:

Wow, I totally missed that, but seeing it now that's pretty bad haha

It's actually also seen in the deluxe boxset cover and original album cover that were shown on the Warner store page when it leaked on the store.

8 hours ago, CFRANS said:

It says FRONT COVER on the top, almost invisible (I guess that's why they're using this 'wrong' version? nobody saw it? hehe)

And something at the bottom: "PRINTING"

9 hours ago, AJ93 said:

Next single: could be Resolution or one of LPU Rarities track somewhere in mid or late March.

Probably it will be a track from the different disc than Lost Demos.

What is Mike saying after Chester sings "I'm trapped in yesterday"? On Genius, it says he's saying "This is how it will be", but I feel like I'm hearing something else, though, I can't tell what he's saying. It sounds like "Just to never be", though, I'm not too sure.

Edit: I think he's saying "Just a memory", though, again, I'm not too sure.

Edited by NJPLP

Someone from Discord mentioned that Plaster 2 (Figure.09 Demo) is aa sequel to Plaster (One Step Closer Demo).

4 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Thanks man! Guess that's the version they'll upload on streaming services 

No problem man. I know that it will also be available for my birthday (April 8th) (different timezone). :)

5 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

This is a really big release, it’s ATL/Primo/NRL level of holy grail, maybe bigger. I wonder what impact would have had if it was released with Chester alive. 

Exact same thing I thought of. No Roads Left is still my #1 can't-believe-they-left-it-off-the-album song, but this one is right there. It is easily should have made it over Nobody's Listening.

10 minutes ago, plesh88 said:

Exact same thing I thought of. No Roads Left is still my #1 can't-believe-they-left-it-off-the-album song, but this one is right there. It is easily should have made it over Nobody's Listening.

Totally agree. Imean, I kinda get why they excluded it (really similar to BTH, ETR and Numb and a bit weaker than all of them) but it's really good, I like it more than Nobody's Listening and HTF