Linkin Park - Lost | Out February 10, 2023

PeppePark

6 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

I like the original Meteora tracklist. HTF is one of my warm up go to songs when I play the guitar. And I love the wierdness of Nobodyd Listening, its so cool. I think this one could replace Easier To Run or even Session tbh.

Nobody's is one of those songs that sounded better when they did it live.

I still havent heard Lost but -lost- to Easier To Run, BTH and Numb they probably thought that having 4 soft songs on a nu metal album was a bad idea.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

What is Mike saying after Chester sings "I'm trapped in yesterday"? On Genius, it says he's saying "This is how it will be", but I feel like I'm hearing something else, though, I can't tell what he's saying. It sounds like "Just to never be", though, I'm not too sure.

Edit: I think he's saying "Just a memory", though, again, I'm not too sure.

I think you are right. I hear "Just a memory" as well.

13 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

I like the original Meteora tracklist. HTF is one of my warm up go to songs when I play the guitar. And I love the wierdness of Nobodyd Listening, its so cool. I think this one could replace Easier To Run or even Session tbh.

I find it inferior to ETR honestly, but it's treally similar 

5 hours ago, JZ-GreyDaze said:

Nobody's is one of those songs that sounded better when they did it live.

I still havent heard Lost but -lost- to Easier To Run, BTH and Numb they probably thought that having 4 soft songs on a nu metal album was a bad idea.

Yeah, for sure. Too many soft songs, and I know as an angsty teenager wanted the heavier shit 😀 but tbh I didnt like the live version of Nobodys listening, I prefer the album one 😀 what a polarizing song

5 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

The theme of the song is really similar, but Lost is much more depressing lyric-wise and that might be the reason why Lost was not on the album

5 hours ago, Bambitt said:

Yeah, for sure. Too many soft songs, and I know as an angsty teenager wanted the heavier shit 😀 but tbh I didnt like the live version of Nobodys listening, I prefer the album one 😀 what a polarizing song

Still better than good goodbye haha and its yo i want to be migos flow.

Yeah its a really weird song but i still listen to it once in a while.

5 hours ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

Easier To Run its on my personal top 5 LP songs of all time

how dare you? haha

Just now, JZ-GreyDaze said:

Still better than good goodbye haha and its yo i want to be migos flow.

Yeah its a really weird song but i still listen to it once in a while.

Well songs on OML are a whole different story 😀 GG or SFN are one on the worst songs in their catalogue

7 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

Well songs on OML are a whole different story 😀 GG or SFN are one on the worst songs in their catalogue

I love SFN. I never understood what makes people think it's one of their worst songs ever. The lyrics are inspired and Mike and Chester both give good vocal performances on that song.

18 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

The theme of the song is really similar, but Lost is much more depressing lyric-wise and that might be the reason why Lost was not on the album

More depressing than “if I could take all the shame to the grave I would” or “sometimes I remember the darkness of my past bringing back these memories I wish I didn’t have” and “it’s so much easier to go than face all this pain here all alone” ? Hmmm. But yeah both are very dark 

23 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion and responding to this threatens to derail the thread, but I’m also baffled when people are so critical of “Good Goodbye” and call the verses weak.

it’s just funny how people perceive things, because I think it’s arguably the best track on the album. Pusha’s verse could be better but still interesting, Stormzy’s (who I like as an artist separately) verse is solid, it has a big chorus and very cool instrumentation. But then people are like “the raps are weak,” like there aren’t weaker verses on Reanimation. 😂

Don’t mean that as a direct attack at anyone though, just my own thought/observation. I’m sure I have my own LP hot takes people would question.

Edited by letdownagain

10 minutes ago, Justin said:

I love SFN. I never understood what makes people think it's one of their worst songs ever. The lyrics are inspired and Mike and Chester both give good vocal performances on that song.

SFN has Chester's worst -rap- performance ever. 

I love the style of singing-rapping that he uses when he sings with Mike the last part of Easier To Run

I fucking love Easier, Mike's flow is so good and i dont remember any other song that he sounds like that, Chester's perfomance its so powerful

Good Goodbye is awesome, I agree. The beat is fire and I like Mike's and guests' verses. Obviously, it's not a fully serious song but I don't have a problem with that. To be fair, the band had a lot of solemn tracks over the years. It's not my favourite song of all time but I enjoy it very much.

A little late on this topic, but it's definitely disappointing to see that Mike's bringing the web3 shit to Linkin Park material. I would have much rather had a music video that was fully done by, you know, real people, or even just a She Couldn't-style video with photos from the era spruced up a little. Not to mention the main character of the video, according to this article, is from an "NFT-driven web series" done by the production company, so on top of everything else, including interspersing AI-affected footage of Chester from Live in Texas (weird!), this video is an ad for an NFT peddler! Gross.

I can at least appreciate that Mike has a genuine interest in cutting-edge technology and how it intersects with art, but I really do not like that we're at the point of using AI-generated material to promote LP directly. That's all I've got on that.

9 minutes ago, gorast said:

A little late on this topic, but it's definitely disappointing to see that Mike's bringing the web3 shit to Linkin Park material. I would have much rather had a music video that was fully done by, you know, real people, or even just a She Couldn't-style video with photos from the era spruced up a little. Not to mention the main character of the video, according to this article, is from an "NFT-driven web series" done by the production company, so on top of everything else, including interspersing AI-affected footage of Chester from Live in Texas (weird!), this video is an ad for an NFT peddler! Gross.

I can at least appreciate that Mike has a genuine interest in cutting-edge technology and how it intersects with art, but I really do not like that we're at the point of using AI-generated material to promote LP directly. That's all I've got on that.

Mike had to find a way to connect NFTs w LP

This time I'm not angry because we will be getting a new official video and it will help to promote the song.

I don't expect much from the video but it's better than slides.

Already listened. First impression quite good, the track is catchy as hell, but as some of you pointed out above, it fits better with Living Things in terms of "Linkin Park trying to replicate what's expected from them". Problem for lost is kinda in a middle road for that era. It doesn't have the teeth of Faint, Don't Stay or Hit the Floor, but it's not as good as SIB, RTR or Numb, the more "sentimental" side of Meteora. For me it would have been worthy of an LPU album, like Across the Line

14 minutes ago, PizzaPino said:

AI is not part of web3 lol. 

anyway Chester’s voice and singing just hits different, always. Real goosebumps for me. 

You miss the part where this video is being produced by an NFT platform, bud? I didn't say AI was a web3 thing.

Edited by gorast

The song just keeps getting better with each listen. I love Chester's vocals here and the instrumental is vintage Linkin Park. I don't think there's anything I'd push off the album in favor of Lost and it doesn't quite fit that Meteora vibe but it is a great addition to the Linkin Park catalog that I'm glad finally saw the light of day. I can't wait to hear the other treasures Meteora 20 has for us!