New Xero Titles: "Dreamer" and "Weight"

lpliveusername

On 2/24/2021 at 8:12 AM, NJPLP said:

Jeff Blue can probably leak those Xero tracks. It would have to be leaked somewhere private or somewhere public while Jeff Blue being anonymous. Warner doesn't care about Mark Wakefield.

There's no way Jeff Blue an leak any Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park tracks. He would be at the mercy of Warner. Warner cares about Chester Bennington.

Honestly, I feel like warner would (in theory) make good money if they release these

I was talking with my friend about these and it could be a decent way to make money, they could set them all up for $10 an album, digitally (for each HT/Xero CD) as well as $10-$15 for each CD

If all of those CDs are a bit much to reissue after a while, they could do $10 a digital, and also have $20 each, coming with digital copies,, and a pre-order of a physical limited edition copy

Edited by BladedChild

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

You have to get the band on board with an idea like that. Why would LP want to release them now if they skipped them intentionally for HT20?

Yeah obviously they would have to agree with it 

Its a whole thing, its just sad these files and stuff are just sitting somewhere untouched, like whats the harm in at least selling them?

20 hours ago, BladedChild said:

Honestly, I feel like warner would (in theory) make good money if they release these

I was talking with my friend about these and it could be a decent way to make money, they could set them all up for $10 an album, digitally (for each HT/Xero CD) as well as $10-$15 for each CD

If all of those CDs are a bit much to reissue after a while, they could do $10 a digital, and also have $20 each, coming with digital copies,, and a pre-order of a physical limited edition copy

9 hours ago, BladedChild said:

Its a whole thing, its just sad these files and stuff are just sitting somewhere untouched, like whats the harm in at least selling them?

I think it would be a great idea to just take the cassettes/CDs (the Xero ones), convert them over to .mp3 using some sort of cassette/CD converter, then just sell the tracks online. I mean, it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

It would not be a good idea to do that with the Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park stuff, though. We know that Warner/Linkin Park themselves are probably saving that for a later release in the future.

Edited by NJPLP

13 hours ago, BladedChild said:

You could apply that same question to every single unreleased track/demo/remix in LP's catalog. The band wants to be in control of what's out there and they don't want every single thing out, they want this amount of demos, etc.

Has anybody ever tought about the idea, that maybe the band does not want to release much more demo’s cause of how special they are for the band members themselves?

maybe they just don’t want any outsiders to hear some of the stuff, because they care about it more than any of us could and would ever do.

Think about it, if they wanted to release more it would not be an issue.

Edited by GreyFox-AFCA

2 hours ago, leftshoe18 said:

I think the bigger reason is simply that the band doesn't believe they're worth releasing. Mike obviously knows that fans would like to hear them but he's constantly mentioning that the songs they don't release are nothing special.

I remember when he insisted PB was nothing special and wasn't good, and then after the reception when it was actually released he claimed that he never said PB wasn't good lol

8 hours ago, Justin said:

I remember when he insisted PB was nothing special and wasn't good, and then after the reception when it was actually released he claimed that he never said PB wasn't good lol

Yeah LOL, I mean I don’t listen to it so frequently but it’s more interesting than many instrumentals released on the LPU lol. 

On 2/28/2021 at 10:59 AM, JZ-AmendsStripped29 said:

Stick N Move is their best demo ever,  great energy 

Glad to see this take here, I was absolutely blown away with it on HT20, easily the biggest part of that release for me. 

On 2/28/2021 at 10:59 AM, JZ-AmendsStripped29 said:

Stick N Move is their best demo ever,  great energy 

That demo honestly makes me wonder how the band and Don Gilmore reached the conclusion that it wasn't good enough for the album. That chorus is really catchy and Chester sung it really well.

5 minutes ago, Justin said:

That demo honestly makes me wonder how the band and Don Gilmore reached the conclusion that it wasn't good enough for the album. That chorus is really catchy and Chester sung it really well.

Yeah, it’s probably even a little bit better than Runaway studio version 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Maybe the label didn´t liked it? Idk, its so weird. Stick N´Move fits perfectly the vibe of Hybrid Theory. Maybe they could record the guitars like they did on Runaway (with seven string guitars) to give a heavier sound and a few more things. I think it would be more successful than Runaway. Runaway wasn´t a fan favorite and even Chester said that he didn´t liked it

I like the APFMH lyrics more than Esaul. And Stick N Move demo is really great with Chester, but the vibe of that chorus is not really doing it for me. It never did even when I heard the original demo with Mark back in the day. But I love listening to the earlier versions of songs, it's awesome to see the evolution of everything.

10 hours ago, Scourge said:

Stick N Move and Esaul are both unfortunate victims of Jeff Blue lol, i thought the lyrics to the Xero & LPU11 versions of Esaul were better lyrically

What of Rhinestone? Or Slip? Or Pictureboard? Were they unfortunate victims of Jeff Blue?

Edited by NJPLP

I like both songs, "Stick 'n Move" and "Runaway". Especially the mood during the verse and Chester's performance on the latter are really enjoyable for me and set me back decades everytime I listen to it. Though I agree that "Stick 'n Move" would have been a cool song, too. But I have to say that I'm glad it became "Runaway".

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 10:13 PM, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Has anybody ever tought about the idea, that maybe the band does not want to release much more demo’s cause of how special they are for the band members themselves?

maybe they just don’t want any outsiders to hear some of the stuff, because they care about it more than any of us could and would ever do.

Think about it, if they wanted to release more it would not be an issue.

Then why talk about it? If its special to you and personal don't you think they would keep it a S E C R E T?

@NJPLP I agree, Linkin Park will never get the same success as ht, most of the fans reminisce that album more then anything they've done, no need to deny it, no sugar coating it it's just how it is, and definitely they will release the demos later on. 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:06 AM, Scourge said:

Stick N Move and Esaul are both unfortunate victims of Jeff Blue lol, i thought the lyrics to the Xero & LPU11 versions of Esaul were better lyrically

Without Jeff Linkin Park wouldn't have existed. 

Linkin Park probably might just do it again for the 25 anniversary of Hybrid Theory (just less than 5 years from now). They will obviously probably do it again for the 50th anniversary of Hybrid Theory (but that's in 2050, less than 30 years from now!!!).

Edited by NJPLP