Pictureboard = "In Yourself"/"Be Yourself"

LPLStaff

31 minutes ago, JediAHoles said:

I guess I'm in the minority here but I really like Mark's singing. I guess it's the fact that the songs featuring him are pretty rare and obscure... I also really enjoy Ground Xero (though I'm not sure if that's really Wakefield on vocals). Still, Chester's vocals are obviously far superior, can't argue with that :) 

Same here, people hate Mark vocals for the only reason that he is not Chester 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, eXoBlackOut said:

Wow, crazy how this was online for all this time, same as with that Visionaries track. 

Don't wanna ask for leaks, but will there be any way to listen to the Mark version of this song since the one released will have Chester? 

Yes, it is currently online still. I'm not sure if we're allowed to say what site, but it's out there. 

It's so fucking cool to finally hear this song. And to hear the "Be Yourself" jam in context is just...wow! Been listening to that thing for literally 19 years and been holding out for Pictureboard since we first heard about it (was it like 2005?). Nuts that it's been in the wild for over a year. lol Mike was right when he said it wasn't really anything special but man it feels good to finally hear it. Looks like we're getting the Chester vocal version in a couple months too. Can't wait!

12 hours ago, Coizu said:

Almost forgot to post this but the shoutbox discussion reminded me:

So I checked the Soundcloud API response about the track while it was still there.

The fields that give you the date and time of the upload was the same as the date and time of the last edit.

When you change a track from private to public, it will update the time of the last edit to whenever you made that change.

You can also check out a (broken) cached version of the soundcloud page from June this year: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nC_XRwX_MvUJ:https://soundcloud.com/user-99907739/xero-linkin-park&lr=lang_de|lang_en&hl=en&gl=de&tbs=lr:lang_1de|lang_1en&strip=1&vwsrc=0

So in short: The song was public on Soundcloud since over a year. Crazy.

I cant see a thing in that link. Did it had any artwork or info on the subscription?

18 minutes ago, lpfan12 said:

Smelling a hater on this one lol. yeah you said mark is garbage lets see you make some vocals that power over his

OMFG I CAN’T SING SO I SHOULD SHUT UP. I’M A HATER CUZ I SAID MARK SOUNDS BAD. It’s my opinion man, nothing against Mark, just think his singing is poor compared to the rest of the song and I hope we get Chester’s take. But yeah, I’m a hater just because I didn’t treat Pictureboard like the holy grail of songs. Come on Man. 
I’ve seen far better songs being treated like shit here and now I cannot express my opinion on Mark’s vocals just because I’m not a singer ? Like, lol 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

I would really want to listen to Pictureboard live when the song was played live that one time at one of the two shows in West Hollywood, California in June or July 2000 when Linkin Park changed their name from Hybrid Theory. Unfortunately, not only are the set lists from both shows unknown, but also no audio or video footage of the shows have been found. 

Edited by NJPLP

4 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I would really want to listen to Pictureboard live when the song was played live that one time at one of the two shows in West Hollywood, California in June or July 2000 when Linkin Park changed their name from Hybrid Theory. Unfortunately, not only are the set lists from both shows unknown, but also no audio or video footage of the shows have been found. 

It wasn't played in its entirety. You can listen to it in the video in the main post.

27 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I think that Mike's quote on PB being played on 2000 was a little off, he probably got the years mixed up or something so everybody instantly thought about those shows

Edited by Diaux

1 minute ago, Diaux said:

I think that Mike's quote on PB being played on 2000 was a little off, he probably got the years mixed up or something so everybody instantly thought about those shows

Okay. I get it. Mike got the years mixed up and everyone thought about the shows he talked about. 

10 hours ago, MetalNacional said:

Got it, thanks!

I really hope you guys got a proper rip of the track before they took it down, like just in case the Pictureboard included on Forgotten Demos is a different version.

The leaked version was with Mark. The one we are getting with HT20 is with Chester on vocals.

33 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

i mean, when i tried to upload the leaked Mark Wakefield version of Pictureboard, WMG blocked it worldwide, so it could be possible that they are gonna use Mark Wakefields version. I cannot make promises though.

The automatic content recognition system used by WMG isn't like... it doesn't have to detect the whole song. If you use part of Burn It Down in a new song of yours, it might catch that. Anyway the point is that it caught the instrumental of Pictureboard there. If the Chester version instrumental is anything close to the Mark version instrumental, it's going to catch it. I wouldn't say that means the Mark version is on there at all, because Adam says it has Pictureboard with Chester on the release.

6 hours ago, plesh88 said:

The leaked version was with Mark. The one we are getting with HT20 is with Chester on vocals.

I know I got the one with Mark! But its a video, seems like someone recorded their screen and played the track. With proper rip I meant like from the source, I heard that on SoundCloud Go+ you can get tracks in their original format or maybe its just better quality/higher bitrate...

But anyways its gone now haha 😢