Post Traumatic Album & 'Crossing A Line' Single

RogueSoul

Today is a huge day! Get the hype ROLLING!

Mike Shinoda has announced his brand new album, Post Traumatic, due out June 15th. Preorders for the album are live right now, via the brand new MikeShinoda.com website.

To go with the announcement, Mike has released the lead single from the record: 'Crossing A Line' - the song you have been seeing teasers of all week long. This is the track Mike played for fans in Hollywood, CA recently, where he filmed a new music video. Along with 'Crossing A Line,' a second track from the album, entitled 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore' is included on the single. Videos for both of these songs are out as well!

Mike is joining KROQ's Kevin & Bean at 7am PST (right at the time of posting!) to discuss the Post Traumatic album and to debut 'Crossing A Line,' so be sure to tune in! During the interview, Mike has revealed the album will have 16 tracks.

Who's ready for some Mike Shinoda?! He's been keeping us on our toes all week, announcing that his first show will take place this May at Identity LA in Los Angeles, California. On top of that, he announced he will be performing at England's Reading and Leeds Festivals as well! For the latest Mike Shinoda news, be sure to follow us on Twitter. And if you like shiny exclusive things, please consider throwing a donation our way if you can afford to - it'll be worth the trouble!

Check out Mike Shinoda touring schedule here.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow. This is amazing. Thanks to this post I was quick enough to pre order and got the limited edition print.

It there any way to tell if you got the print or not? Ordered pretty early too, just wasn't sure if there was a notification that you're in the top 500 that says you got it or not.

All the packages have a reasonable price, shipping is also a normal price. I am amazed. Preordered the whole bundle.

Holy cow. This is amazing. Thanks to this post I was quick enough to pre order and got the limited edition print.

I can't find any information about a limited print. Am I missing something? If they really did it like that I am really annoyed. Selling something limited without any notice in advanced is so stupid. I can't refresh mikeshinoda.com every minute just in case something limited is happening while I am at work... :(

It there any way to tell if you got the print or not? Ordered pretty early too, just wasn't sure if there was a notification that you're in the top 500 that says you got it or not.

When you made the order, it appeared on the checkout cart the signed print as a free item.

When you made the order, it appeared on the checkout cart the signed print as a free item.

Just saw that on the final page of the order it says that the limited print is out of stuck. I am so sad now :(

Six. Teen. Fucking. Tracks. Shinoda is a mad man! Songs sound great.

It is cool. The Rising Tied had 16 tracks, too. Well, the original album, not counting the Special Edition.

Is there any way to tell on your order confirmation if you got it? I ordered it so fast I didnt even notice that was an option!

It would show as an itemized product on your order confirmation. I was too slow :(

It should be in the order list you got thru the mail, the one from customer service.

Sixteen songs, wow that's an impressive amount. I was worried that the EP songs possibly being on the album would cut down on the number of new songs. Nope, that's not going to be the case. 13 new songs after the EP, not bad.

Preordered and got the signed photo print.

After hearing the songs and watching the videos....

Crossing a Line -

The video is cool because it's Mike walking around LA late at night, plus it has the fans in there. My favorite is The Roxy scenes, which is a true full circle for Mike considering Xero and LP both played there. It'd be awesome if Mike did an intimate solo show there (it would sell out instantly, but the night before the LA festival would be a cool deal). Song is catchy and upbeat/poppy. My least favorite of everything released so far but it isn't bad. I think Over Again is the clear choice for the single but I do like Crossing a Line.

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore -

This song reminds me of Thrice's Alchemy Index, in a good way. The video is just fantastic and now I'm in the belief that releasing a selfmade video for every song on the album is a smart move by Mike if he chooses to do that. He has an in-your-face style with this filming and I like it a lot. He's in the LA nature and fire wreckage so the shots are cool. Good song.

Looking forward to the album. Sixteen songs is monstrous. Mike is able to "switch styles on a dime" (shoutout Apaches) really efficiently which is great for him as well as all of us since everyone has different musical tastes.

And shoutout to a single that has a second song, there isn't enough of that in music.

I certainly didn't think we'd get music this soon after July 20, so I'm very welcoming of everything that is going on. A small part of me thought we might not even see social media from the band or Mike for over a year or something. Who knows what could happen when something like that goes down. An album by June, impressive.

Crossing A Line could be a damn mega hit on the radio under LP's name. So catchy but it contains a message, which is different from probably 90 % of the mainstream music.

btw.: The best thing of the video was when Mike stood beside a dude with the exact same shirt. It's kind of meme. Looking for Mike? Well look for that red and black shirt :D

Looking forward to the record and expect Mike to announce further shows in both Europe and the US

Edited by LinkInThePark