Post Traumatic Album & 'Crossing A Line' Single

RogueSoul

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stop listening to Crossing A Line. I thought I would hate it based off of the original clip. But the verses are really good and I love the beat. I love the lyrics the most. I have a theory on what the song is about but I won't share my thoughts on that here. The other song, Nothing Makes Sense Anymore, is OK, I don't hate it. But it's probably my least favorite out of the songs we have heard so far. Just doesn't pop out to me.

I enjoy the new songs. "Crossing A Line" is great and I like it more than "Nothing Makes Sense Anymore". I feel like there are drums needed in NMSA. I rather never have a problem with songs without drums or percussion but in this song no drums feel just not right. But I like the atmosphere in this song, lyrics are also fantastic. "Crossing A Line" is probably my favourite song from "Post Traumatic" so far. "Drop" in this track is great! I love the sound of guitar there. I've never heard something like this from Mike/Linkin Park before. The melody is very catchy. I really love it, guys! And it seems like the video and the vibe of the song fits the theme of Mike's solo project so he somehow proved me wrong. :D

Overall, I'm glad we are getting a new album in June and I can't wait to listen to it. Hope there will be more pop songs like "Crossing A Line" because Mike is very good at creating them.

Holy cow. This is amazing. Thanks to this post I was quick enough to pre order and got the limited edition print.

there was a print that i missed out on?!?!

figures, the one time i was out at a meeting......

Crossing my fingers that someone got 2 and they'll sell me one :)

Edited by loulax07

I already said that two times, but I'll repeat that one more time - artwork on that album = epic.
I wish this art book to be available in a month and a half, then I can get one.

Also is there a physical release of the single on the horizon?

Disappointed that there was a print I missed out on, but the art book will still be nice to have. Where's the vinyl, though, Mike? I missed out on Welcome and no one ever sells it, so I want this on vinyl the moment it drops, if it ever does.

Both songs sound great. The rhythm for Crossing a Line was a little hard to grasp the first time I heard it, but I really like it, probably my third favorite of the five so far. I hope we get hand-shot videos for every song, too, because they're fantastic so far.

I'm so glad that Mike is doing this. This is all going to be great.

Warner has created regional online stores, so Aus / NZ had 50 signed prints between the two countries. I had one in my cart, went and had a shower while I was deciding whether to spend all my money for the next week on it, and they were gone by the time I got out. Idiot <_<

Seriously though, the two new songs are incredible. Crossing A Line is so catchy. The visuals feel super personal - I feel like Mike is sharing something personal directly to me. It's really special.

The KROQ interview was good but pretty standard, except for the 60 Seconds at the end which was hilarious!

The designs on the new website are looking very slick too. Does anybody know whether Frank Maddocks is doing the design for the album roll out? The imagery looks similar to the Warner Bros. wall he did, and he did Mike's new promo shots too.

Disappointed that there was a print I missed out on, but the art book will still be nice to have. Where's the vinyl, though, Mike? I missed out on Welcome and no one ever sells it, so I want this on vinyl the moment it drops, if it ever does.

Both songs sound great. The rhythm for Crossing a Line was a little hard to grasp the first time I heard it, but I really like it, probably my third favorite of the five so far. I hope we get hand-shot videos for every song, too, because they're fantastic so far.

I'm so glad that Mike is doing this. This is all going to be great.

The Welcome vinyls are currently in stock on the linkinpark.com store!

I took my time listening to these songs- and I really like them. They're both weird in a great way, definitely not what I was expecting to hear. I do like the PTEP songs better at the moment, though.

The album is coming a lot sooner than I expected. Can't believe Mike got it done so quickly, especially considering it has 16 tracks. Very excited for what's to come!

I've managed to secure the autograph print but when I wanna checkout, the item won't ship to my country. It's really f'ked up. Now i'm really sad because of the pre-order but also happy for Mike's new music and album.

I've managed to secure the autograph print but when I wanna checkout, the item won't ship to my country. It's really f'ked up. Now i'm really sad because of the pre-order but also happy for Mike's new music and album.

buy 2 and ship to me! i'll send u money

Nothing Makes Sense Anymore made me cry. Hit me harder than any of the others so far.

As for Crossing the Line, I realize that what good is the kingdom if youre missing the love? probably is not a callback to KTTK, but my brain registered it that way and for some reason that hit me really hard...

Side note: apostrophes and quotations refuse to show up when I use LPL on my iPhone. I know how to type lol

Edited by Justin

Do you think Post Traumatic got a storyline?

I read somewhere that Mike said he put the EP songs first because he wanted it to start off really dark and then get lighter as it progressed or something. But in Kerrang he said that the album has a lot of dark songs and lighter songs, so it’s a mix. So idk.

I read somewhere that Mike said he put the EP songs first because he wanted it to start off really dark and then get lighter as it progressed or something. But in Kerrang he said that the album has a lot of dark songs and lighter songs, so it’s a mix. So idk.

Yeah I agree. Mike said it starts super dark with grief and then comes out of it as it progresses. He said that's even how it progressed chronologically too, as time went on. He started writing lighter stuff as time went on. Finally he said the album progresses almost chronologically too with a small exception or something (maybe he wrote another dark song later in the process or something, is what I take that to mean).

The EP songs start it, and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore is at the front too.

Crossing a Line is eighth which is halfway through the tracklisting. Makes sense, as that's the halfway point.