Post Traumatic Album & 'Crossing A Line' Single

RogueSoul

I’m calling it now. ‘’Can’t Hear You Now’’ will be an epic track, akin to how epic Slip Out the Back, TLTGYA, Powerless, ALITS, etc are for closing out the albums.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's one thing Mike/LP knows how to do it's close an album.

For sure, couldn't agree more. They are masters at it. But I don't think that about all of their albums. HT, Meteora, ATS and OML weren't that epic to me. ATS should have ended with The Catalyst and OML should have ended with OML. Just my opinion on that, because they're both really epic songs and great closers, IMO. HT and Meteora didn't really have an epic quality track (I love the albums but they weren't that mature yet). The Rising Tied closing with SOTB was phenomenal and possibly one of my favorites. I also love ITD closing Out Of Ashes.... so good. Bonus tracks kill the flow so that's why I listen to them separately. Mike knows all this stuff is important so that's why he does it. He's a genius. He creates a piece of true art with each project, so didn't Chester to a degree. But Mike creates each album like a journey, a real piece of art. I love that.

I think, thematically, ATS really HAD to close on The Messenger. Sure, The Catalyst is probably a better fitting closer sonically, but the message of The Messenger (ha) is really the best fit to end ATS. I do agree with OML, though. Sharp Edges is a bit of a weird closer, and OML works much better there.

I think, thematically, ATS really HAD to close on The Messenger. Sure, The Catalyst is probably a better fitting closer sonically, but the message of The Messenger (ha) is really the best fit to end ATS. I do agree with OML, though. Sharp Edges is a bit of a weird closer, and OML works much better there.

Actually, I think you're right about that. Didn't think about it like that. I think if the band simply swapped Sharp Edges with One More Light in the tracklisting, it fits better.

I’m calling it now. ‘’Can’t Hear You Now’’ will be an epic track, akin to how epic Slip Out the Back, TLTGYA, Powerless, ALITS, etc are for closing out the albums.

I think the feels will be strong with that track

Credits* for the rest of the song:

Brooding (Instrumental)

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Mixer, Vocals, Writer, MainArtist

Michelle Mancini - Masterer

Promises I Can't Keep

MANNY MARROQUIN - Mixer

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Vocals, Writer, MainArtist

Hold It Together

Darren King - Drums

Ghosts

Serban Ghenea - Mixer

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Writer, MainArtist

Make It Up As I Go (feat. K.Flay)

MANNY MARROQUIN - Mixer

BRAD DELSON - Writer

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Lead Vocals, Writer, MainArtist

Kristine Flaherty, - Writer

Lift Off (feat. Chino Moreno and Machine Gun Kelly)

MANNY MARROQUIN - Mixer

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Lead Vocals, Writer, MainArtist

Chino Moreno - Writer, FeaturedArtist

Andrew Dawson - Co-Producer, Writer

Colson Baker - Writer

Rory Andrew - Writer

I.O.U.

Jaycen Joshua - Mixer

World's On Fire

Can't Hear You Now

Serban Ghenea - Mixer

9 tracks was mixed by Manny Marroquin

4 tracks was mixed by Mike Shinoda

2 tracks was mixed by Serban Ghenea

1 track was mixed by Jaycen Joshua

*those might not be full credits and they will be updated later.

Edited by martinez

Isn't Darren King from Mutemath? He plays drums on Hold It Together? Kind of cool if so. Loved seeing them with LP on Honda Civic Tour in 2012 at 3 shows.

Isn't Darren King from Mutemath? He plays drums on Hold It Together? Kind of cool if so. Loved seeing them with LP on Honda Civic Tour in 2012 at 3 shows.

Good eye. Loved seeing them too, it was great when he'd tape his headphones to his head.

Good eye. Loved seeing them too, it was great when he'd tape his headphones to his head.

He is a pretty good drummer. It's cool that Mike reached out to a bunch of people for this album. So far we have Rob Bourdon, Brad Delson, blackbear, K-Flay, Chino Moreno, Machine Gun Kelly and grandson all contributing to some part of the album. But he made good use of the features, at least the ones we have heard so far. And the story behind a few of the tracks (like a few being OML ideas (Place To Start and the K-Flay song) is also cool. I bet the Chino and M.G.K. song will be cool. I'm most excited for Ghosts and Can't Hear You Now but honestly I just think the titles for those are cool sounding and I think the final track on the album will be epic (Can't Hear You Now). We still have a lot of music yet to hear from the album and it's coming out fairly soon.

Im also getting more excited day for day... still a lot of stuff on the full album

This one is definitely the unique and special album 2018 for me personal with great tracks musically and lyrically

• 2 weeks later...

So, some digital stores has already added the length for the song "Ghosts", which is 2:54. So the song will be released pretty soon. Qobuz with the last update has fucked up the credits for the songs. All songs contains this:

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Programmer, Vocals, Writer, Bass, MainArtist

So we can't trust this now, since all songs have this, even when there is no drums (Nothing Makes Sense Anymore) or piano (Place To Start).

Also there are lengths for all songs out there. The album total length is 53 minutes.

Edited by martinez

So, some digital stores has already added the length for the song "Ghosts", which is 2:54. So the song will be released pretty soon. Qobuz with the last update has fucked up the credits for the songs. All songs contains this:

MIKE SHINODA - Producer, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Programmer, Vocals, Writer, Bass, MainArtist

So we can't trust this now, since all songs have this, even when there is no drums (Nothing Makes Sense Anymore) or piano (Place To Start).

Also there are lengths for all songs out there. The album total length is 53 minutes.

They probably took Mike's credits for the full album and applied them to every song.

I am actually most excited for this song next to the last song on the album because the title sounds cool.

• 2 weeks later...