Post Traumatic Album & 'Crossing A Line' Single

RogueSoul

Now I like The songs a bit more, they are good but absolutely far from being some of Mike s best material IMO. I m curious about The album

Define "absolutely far". does PT tracks really bad for you?

PT is Mike's personal materials. not LP nor FM. he never claim PT will be the best materials he ever release. he used to say that whenever LP released an album.

Edited by Stranger

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define "absolutely far". does PT tracks really bad for you?

PT is Mike's personal materials. not LP nor FM. he never claim PT will be the best materials he ever release. he used to say that whenever LP released an album.

No, I don t think they are bad, I absolutely like them, I love the lyrics they re great for example, BUT I don' t agree with some saying these songs are among the best MS works in terms of musicianship, I like Invisible better than both these New songs ( to take a Mike song as an example)

Yeah I agree. Mike said it starts super dark with grief and then comes out of it as it progresses. He said that's even how it progressed chronologically too, as time went on. He started writing lighter stuff as time went on. Finally he said the album progresses almost chronologically too with a small exception or something (maybe he wrote another dark song later in the process or something, is what I take that to mean).

The EP songs start it, and Nothing Makes Sense Anymore is at the front too.

Crossing a Line is eighth which is halfway through the tracklisting. Makes sense, as that's the halfway point.

That's actually really cool how he set it up like that now that I think about it. Over Again is dark as hell, IMO. I always thought that it was. And Nothing Makes Sense Anymore has grown a lot on me, I like that song a lot, it's probably my second favorite now out of the songs we have heard. It's also really dark.

Another interesting thing that I noticed in the Kerrang Interview is that he said he originally wanted Place To Start to open One More Light, but they never finished the song. So now he is opening his own album with it. Kind of cool.

I was thinking about it yesterday. With every album the guys release, there are always some songs which are mehh, like it's a 6 to 7 max out of ten. But these four songs are really solid. They are all unique in beats, heaviness, structure, ambiance. Still, they're really really good songs with not a lot of flaws or elements I don't like. So you could say I'm impressed by that.

I was thinking about it yesterday. With every album the guys release, there are always some songs which are mehh, like it's a 6 to 7 max out of ten. But these four songs are really solid. They are all unique in beats, heaviness, structure, ambiance. Still, they're really really good songs with not a lot of flaws or elements I don't like. So you could say I'm impressed by that.

Most of the time the pre release songs are great. I guess Lies Greed Misery is the exception. Wretches for ATS, I don't think MTM had one, Wastelands for THP, Battle Symphony (eh) for OML.

Most of the time the pre release songs are great. I guess Lies Greed Misery is the exception. Wretches for ATS, I don't think MTM had one, Wastelands for THP, Battle Symphony (eh) for OML.

MTM didn't really have one. They released the WID single and then we got those live rips of GU and NMS from Berlin 2007. I think a few very small clips of BIO and GU surfaced (I know a small clip of GU was on LP's site) but it was very short before the album release. The album leaked a few days before Bamboozle because I remember burning it to a CD 2 days before Bamboozle.

MTM didn't really have one. They released the WID single and then we got those live rips of GU and NMS from Berlin 2007. I think a few very small clips of BIO and GU surfaced (I know a small clip of GU was on LP's site) but it was very short before the album release. The album leaked a few days before Bamboozle because I remember burning it to a CD 2 days before Bamboozle.

Ahh the run-up to the release of Minutes to Midnight. Those were the days!

• 2 weeks later...

Track 05 title revealed: "About You (feat. blackbear)"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BMS5SVW/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk5

I called it a few months back. I knew he would have at least one collab on the album and I said blackbear specifically because I can just see him working well with Mike. I hope this means blackbear will be providing some vocals this time instead of production like on SFN.

• 3 weeks later...